PDA

View Full Version : VA-MD USPSA Sectional

Perryguy
06-10-08, 10:25
Anyone shoot the match last weekend? I did and was amazed at how great the RO's were on an unbelievably hot day (heat index 119). Great match and for all in and around VA that want to try USPSA Fredericksburg does it right!

Robb Jensen
06-10-08, 13:35
I shot Sunday and yeah it was crazy hot. I fell all apart on stage 2 (my 3rd to last stage), my last two stages were the classifiers. I placed 18th in Limited, 2nd B class. I think I drank about 3 gallons of water and four 16oz Pro-pels. Went to bed that night at 630pm.

Robb Jensen
06-11-08, 06:13
Oh and I also learned a lesson. After getting your gun back from the gunsmith, test it's zero at 50yds. Just because it hits POA/POI at 15-20yds DOES NOT MEAN it's good enough.

I fell apart partly mostly from the heat on the stage 'slide baby slide'. My plan was to slide the baby and draw on the popper that was about 45yds away and behind a wall which activated a drop turner that stayed exposed. If it worked as planned I wouldn't have to go at all to the left side of the course of fire. Well I missed it twice and finally hit it on the 3rd shot using about 6" of 'Kentucky windage'. That F'd my plan all up and I ended up shooting my pistol dry (which doesn't lock back on purpose). So I had to do a standing reload and rack the slide, I hit the activator popper on the first shot, missed the second popper a few times (went to war on it) and I had a miss on the moving cart. I hit the first target on it with 3 rounds and had 1 round on the second target.

I did however find out that many of the best shooters on that stage had the same plan........I just fell apart on it. After that I'm glad the last two stages (the classifiers) were short and easy and in the shade. My favorite stage was 'Dominos delivers', I shot all As on that one in 25.46sec and was 11th in Limited on that one. My 2nd favorite stage was 'Bad Boys' I shot 15 As and 7 Cs on in 29.99sec and was 9th on that stage. On that one on the walk through I probably went over 4 ways to shoot it and had a plan but at the very last minute I changed it and it worked well for me.

So for the match I shot 159 As, 31 Cs, 2 Ds, and 1 Mike

VA-MD Section always puts on a great match and it's very reasonably priced at $75