PDA

View Full Version : Beware the unskilled DuroCoat applicator

williejc
07-18-14, 15:38
A local applicator made a mess of an expensive pump shotgun and did a poor job with a pistol slide. I had to pay a gunsmith to remedy problems from applying the coat without complete disassembly. I checked out this company but was fooled so I must accept all blame. I tried to save money but lost my butt. Next time I'll use an outfit known to have a good rep by our forum members. To the guy's credit I must say that he didn't charge me.

When I was a kid, I got an outstanding deal on a pair of bird dogs. The better of the two was gun shy and would disappear at the first shot. The other one would only point on turtles but was not gun shy. I should have dealt with a seller known far and wide for having good bird dogs. Is there a clear analogy here?

Campbell
07-18-14, 19:03
Sorry about your bad experience, my advice is to stay with cerakote in the future. Its always nice to hold some of their work in your hand, though I understand that is not always possible.
Good analogy...:D

G19A3
07-19-14, 00:21
Any pics?.....just curious.

williejc
07-20-14, 16:43
No pictures--no camera.

RIDE
07-21-14, 00:10
Cruddy. Sorry to hear that.
The age old saying.. Buy once, cry once.

hk_shootr
07-21-14, 08:06
That really sux........for what it's worth, go with CeraKote for the refinish.
Better product, more wear resistance, goes on a lot better and thinner than DuraCoat