PDA

View Full Version : RRA 2 stage trigger - reliable?

gjj
06-10-08, 13:01
I am looking at a White Oak Precision RRA 2 stage trigger for my coyote hunting rifle. The standard trigger is way to gritty for precision work. I want something better. However, I don't want to spend $300 on a trigger.

Will this trigger setup be as reliable as the standard USGI trigger?

C4IGrant
06-10-08, 13:36
I am looking at a White Oak Precision RRA 2 stage trigger for my coyote hunting rifle. The standard trigger is way to gritty for precision work. I want something better. However, I don't want to spend $300 on a trigger.

Will this trigger setup be as reliable as the standard USGI trigger?

No. If anything, get the modified ones that ADCO sells.

C4

Warrior
06-10-08, 15:11
No. If anything, get the modified ones that ADCO sells.

C4

+1 I would say the only 2 stage triggers I would call reliable are the KAC and the Guiselle. You may loose the second stage on the KAC but it would still function. The Guiselle is hands down the best trigger I've ever had the pleasure of squeezing. However if this is a Coyote gun I wouldn't worry too much about it being combat reliable. The RRA 2 stage would feel better than your stock trigger and should suit your purpose just fine.

gjj
06-10-08, 15:12
The White Oak RRA triggers are modified by Jim Hollinger.

TWR
06-10-08, 23:57
I'm running 3 RRNM triggers now and have been for a few rounds. I'm a coyote hunter as well and they haven't shot back yet.

They make a decent trigger and if you're worried about it just get a longer pin to hold the disconnector. I've heard that if they do fail, you will just lose the first stage but since I don't make a living shooting people, I don't worry about it. And before anyone strikes a match, I have a couple of stock Colts in case the world comes to an end.

Of course if money is no object the Gieselle or KAC would be wonderful I'm sure but you stated you didn't want to spend $300. I wouldn't hesitate on the WOA tuned trigger.

And you know I've seen a few standard triggers with problems so none are imune.

exitinyourhead
06-11-08, 01:34
I'm not totally sure but I think C4 was referring to the modified rra one that adco does...

http://www.adcofirearms.com/itemdetails_.cfm?inventorynumber=1738

It's on b/o but listed out at 105.00

I think they are addressing an issue with the RRA but still keeping the price somewhat reasonable.

mmike87
06-11-08, 11:50
Wasn't the non-adjustable Gieselle supposed to come like 6 months ago? Anyone have an update on it's availability? It's $150 price point was pretty attractive for that kind of quality.

CoffeeOps
06-11-08, 15:23
What about the LMT 2 stage? I'm deciding between ordering a LMT lower with their two stage, or ordering a plain single stage and replacing the trigger. There's a nice discount when you order the LMT 2 stage with the lower...

Rich776
06-11-08, 15:45
Whats better geiselle or lmt 2 stage?

C4IGrant
06-11-08, 15:50
What about the LMT 2 stage? I'm deciding between ordering a LMT lower with their two stage, or ordering a plain single stage and replacing the trigger. There's a nice discount when you order the LMT 2 stage with the lower...

The LMT 2 stage is an excellent trigger (have run one for years).

C4

C4IGrant
06-11-08, 15:51
Whats better geiselle or lmt 2 stage?

The Geiselle is better (and is also almost double the price).

C4

30 cal slut
06-11-08, 16:43
there's a wait list for geissele triggers too.

nickdrak
06-11-08, 23:56
I have run a RRA 2-stage trigger for the past 5 years on my duty rifle. I have not had any issues, and it has a very nice pull/break. That being said, there have been plenty of reports of RRA 2-stages going TU during training courses.

The new Geissele SSA non-adjustable 2-stage trigger costs about $150, but they are next to impossible to get ahold of, unless you are willing to wait around 6 months for it.

The Geissele SSA would be my first choice for a reliable 2-stage trigger. The LMT 2-stage would be second, followed by the RRA 2-stage.