PDA

View Full Version : The elusive M&P 45 4" threaded barrel

BSAGCA
07-18-14, 22:02
Does anyone know where to get a threaded 4” barrel for an M&P 45 midsize? I have used the search function on this site and looked at the S&W, KKM, Bar Sto, and Storm Lake sites. I can’t find anyone who makes them.

If no company makes them does anyone know of there would be an issue taking a 4.5” non-threaded barrel to my smith or maybe Bar Sto machine the threads in it?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

richiecotite
07-23-14, 14:40
there was a thread on mppistols.com forum about a guy using a spare FS barrel he picked up, and having a machinist/gunsmith friend fit it (It won't just drop in) and then having it threaded.

BSAGCA
07-23-14, 18:14
Thanks for the lead, richiecotite. I'll take a look around on that forum.

scoob
08-15-14, 13:51
I bought one on the forums here. I was told it was a factory threaded barrel but when I got it, appears to be a regular fs barrel that was cut and threaded. It doesn't drop right in and requires some force to get it to seat in the slide bit it definitely works.

sevin8nin
08-15-14, 14:04
Storm-lake makes one. Although now that I look on their website I don't see it listed anymore. I know the one I ordered for myself took like 6 months to get here. Then my friend ordered one last November and it ended up coming in July.
May be that there's just not enough demand for it.
Here's mine installed:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/b0b0o7o7/DSC00954_zps20985637.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/b0b0o7o7/media/DSC00954_zps20985637.jpg.html)

BSAGCA
08-17-14, 06:55
Sevin, do you mind getting me the measurements of the length of the threaded barrel exposed from the chamber to the end of the barrel and a second measurement of the length of the threads, please?

I want to give the measurement s to Mr Smith when I get the barrel I just ordered from Storm Lake.

Storm Lake doesn't produce the mid length threaded barrel anymore and don't have any old stock left. I bought a full length barrel and am going to have my Smith cut and thread it for me.

sevin8nin
08-18-14, 23:23
I've got a tape measurer and that's it. Will that suffice?

BSAGCA
08-19-14, 07:08
A tape measure should be fine. I don't think getting the measurement to the micrometer level is needed.