PDA

View Full Version : Elain Gonzalez vs. current illegals

ABNAK
07-19-14, 01:54
I'm sure most of you remember Elian Gonzalez, right? The little Cuban kid that Klinton/Reno sent back to Cuba? The pic with the MP5 pointed damn near in his face?

Okay, follow along here........

Herr Klinton, the Democrat's iconic symbol, ordered the kid sent back to Cuba ostensibly because he was here illegally (picked up in the water as opposed to making it to shore, or the "end zone" for Cubans) and because his father was still alive and resided in Cuba. There was much talk at the time of it triggering another huge Cubano rush for Florida if he was allowed to stay (gee, sounds recently familiar, doesn't it?). Now, Cubans as a whole vote overwhelmingly Republican, about the only Hispanic group to do so. Florida, where the vast majority of them reside, was/is a pivotal "battleground" state in national elections, as evidenced by the very next one to take place in 2000. We all remember that.

Fast-forward to 2013-2014 and the suddenly discovered Democrat/liberal fondness for illegal immigrants. Of course these newest ones aren't Cuban and are mathematically (2 out of 3 since 1976) inclined to hit the "D" lever in the voting booth. But the cries from the Left now for "humaneness" and "compassion" are deafening. Where were those cries from the Left when Elian got deported? Have they had an epihany? No, I think not.

In the interest of honesty, at the time I was indeed for deporting Elain Gonzalez, about the only damn thing Klinton did that I agreed with. However, it wasn't for the reasons he likely did it for. My current desire to see these new unwanted illegals sent home is in keeping with my long-standing belief that illegal immigration is a no-go. Even *if* letting Elian stay would've triggered a massive Cuban migration and made Florida a lot less close in future elections I am still to this day against it. Can't say the same for the damn libtards though.

Belmont31R
07-19-14, 02:50
Clinton was the last rational democrat that will occupy the WH. Sure he's a womanizer and scum on a moral level but he's got enough brain power and sense to be presidential. Our current asshole is WAY more ideological and way less competent than Clinton.

ABNAK
07-19-14, 03:04
Clinton was the last rational democrat that will occupy the WH. Sure he's a womanizer and scum on a moral level but he's got enough brain power and sense to be presidential. Our current asshole is WAY more ideological and way less competent than Clinton.

He was still a libtard and I've despised him for over 22 years now. AWB anyone? I was 27 during his first election so as an adult I remember his two terms quite well. Therefore, I'm under no illusions about him like some people seem to be these days. Almost a yearning for his era again. No thanks. :bad:

Nonetheless, my point was selective sympathy when it comes to illegal immigration and the "hidden" reason for it.

Belmont31R
07-19-14, 03:39
The AWB was supported by numerous prominent republicans at the time.

Society has changed and I'd expect that most recent Cuban immigrants would support Democrats.

ABNAK
07-19-14, 03:54
The AWB was supported by numerous prominent republicans at the time.

Society has changed and I'd expect that most recent Cuban immigrants would support Democrats.

Might have to look into that statistic.

Not trying to sidetrack my own thread but did you vote for Klinton by chance (serious question, not being a smart-ass.....my wife did the first time but then she got edjumacated!)? He signed the AWB and pushed for it big time. A few RINO's supporting it is irrelevant.

ABNAK
07-19-14, 03:58
Per the Miami Herald, in the 2012 election Romney took Cuban-Americans 52% to 48%.....this was indeed a drop from previous years but still considerably higher than Hispanics in general.

Overall Hispanics voted 71% to 27% for Obama in 2012. Kinda makes the point that these poor wittle children flooding our border now ain't gonna grow up and vote conservative if they're allowed to stay. They'll only add to the Democrat's ever-increasing social program recipient list and that translates into VOTES.

SteveS
07-19-14, 22:55
Per the Miami Herald, in the 2012 election Romney took Cuban-Americans 52% to 48%.....this was indeed a drop from previous years but still considerably higher than Hispanics in general.

Overall Hispanics voted 71% to 27% for Obama in 2012. Kinda makes the point that these poor wittle children flooding our border now ain't gonna grow up and vote conservative if they're allowed to stay. They'll only add to the Democrat's ever-increasing social program recipient list and that translates into VOTES.As well as lowering the price of labor.