PDA

View Full Version : Tula vs Wolf SRP

AFshirt
07-19-14, 06:05
Earlier I was asking about 77g SMKs and was told that Russian primers and H322 was perfect. I am coming to the end of my tour overseas and have started stocking up on components being shipped back to the house. Is there a preference between Wolf and Tula Small Rifle Primers to ignite H322?

Im getting ready to place an order for a few K for delivery to the house back home and wanted to get the right ones.

Thanks

Ryno12
07-19-14, 07:20
I've read a lot of conflicting information about Tula vs Wolf & I'm not really sure what their relationship, if any, is. However, what I do know is that they both make primers with a green compound and it's the primers with the green compound that works awesome with the 322. There's a thread here somewhere where a few of us compared the color of the compounds of various primers from both Wolf & Tula. If I find it, I'll edit this post but any of those from either company will surely work.
The ones I'm currently using are the Tula KVB 5.56 SRM.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is the thread I was thinking about or not but we briefly touched on it:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=151131

The Tula 223, Wolf SRM & the Tula 556 SRM all have the green compound. I've never used the copper color compound but I've read it's just as good but yields a slightly high velocity.

Likely any Russian primer will serve you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFshirt
07-19-14, 09:06
I've read a lot of conflicting information about Tula vs Wolf & I'm not really sure what their relationship, if any, is. However, what I do know is that they both make primers with a green compound and it's the primers with the green compound that works awesome with the 322. There's a thread here somewhere where a few of us compared the color of the compounds of various primers from both Wolf & Tula. If I find it, I'll edit this post but any of those from either company will surely work.
The ones I'm currently using are the Tula KVB 5.56 SRM.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is the thread I was thinking about or not but we briefly touched on it:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=151131

The Tula 223, Wolf SRM & the Tula 556 SRM all have the green compound. I've never used the copper color compound but I've read it's just as good but yields a slightly high velocity.

Likely any Russian primer will serve you well.

Thanks, I just picked up 2K blem Nosler 77gs to add to the couple thousand 69 and 77g SMKs I have stockpiled and when you buy in bulk getting the wrong thing can get costly. That helps that there isnt a specific one that works best.

markm
07-19-14, 10:23
C'mon, boys. The homework is already done for you.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?148254-Russian-Primer-223-Test

Ryno12
07-19-14, 11:11
C'mon, boys. The homework is already done for you.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?148254-Russian-Primer-223-Test

I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he had already read that thread. :)

AFshirt
07-19-14, 15:11
I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he had already read that thread. :)

Read it, saw all the groups and such I was just hoping for a get this brand always over this brand finding. The biggest thing I learned was not to use #41s with H322.

Ryno12
07-19-14, 15:28
Read it, saw all the groups and such I was just hoping for a get this brand always over this brand finding. The biggest thing I learned was not to use #41s with H322.

That's the important thing. :)

Anything with a hammer & sickle should serve you well.

mattieb
07-19-14, 21:05
I have ftf when switching from brass to to steel anyone no why this happens

m4fun
07-21-14, 21:33
Light primer strikes? Might have a weak hammer spring. Really need more info.

Malig8r
07-21-14, 21:51
I have ftf when switching from brass to to steel anyone no why this happens

MattieB...I'm not trying to be a jerk but you already have your own thread on this subject. Please do not derail this thread to get additional feedback on an issue which has its own thread.

mattieb
07-21-14, 21:55
MattieB...I'm not trying to be a jerk but you already have your own thread on this subject. Please do not derail this thread to get additional feedback on an issue which has its own thread.

Not taking it that way but I posted it here first then decided to make my own thread about it

Malig8r
07-21-14, 21:59
Right on...I see you did indeed post here first. I didn't notice the 5 minute spread. It's all good. I hope you get that figured out.

mattieb
07-21-14, 22:25
Thanks and it's fail to eject not fire idk what's up have a great day bro