PDA

View Full Version : surefire m952 kit01

cemoulton
07-19-14, 19:53
I know these are old, kinda bulky and not very bright. But are they worth trying to upgrade?

I can get a couple for $100 each.

Should I jump on them or pass?

Just wanted to add that these are new in package.

OIPactual
07-19-14, 20:01
I have one i did a Malkoff conversion to, it works great and is super durable. I say go for it, scouts are great but for the money you will save you could buy ammo.

Sent from my DROIDX

cemoulton
07-19-14, 20:32
I have one i did a Malkoff conversion to, it works great and is super durable. I say go for it, scouts are great but for the money you will save you could buy ammo.

Sent from my DROIDX

Which malkoff kit did you use?

indawire
07-20-14, 19:58
I picked up a used m951 with a tape switch and ARMS mount for $75 and put a Malkoff M61 bulb in it. The light went from "this light sucks" to "now we're talkin lit up" with the upgrade. Give Gene Malkoff a call, he'll set you up with what you need and take the time to explain things. Best $40 upgrade on any of my lights in a long time.

sol1777
07-20-14, 20:45
Watch out for the flicker head syndrome. I purchased mine new a year or two ago and it was fine for about a month then started flickering. I was going to send it back to get fixed, but sold it cheap and went with an x300. Much happier, but I will say, if the head never malefunctioned, I would still have that light. I say go for it. That upgrade sound good too