PDA

View Full Version : Android Ballistic Calculator

Koshinn
07-20-14, 04:27
Has anyone tried:
Shooter
BulletFlight
Applied Ballistics

I believe all three of those are based on the same data set from Litz. Is one any better than the others? Is there a better alternative, like the Strelok (pro version) app?

D.O.A.F.S.
07-20-14, 09:54
I can only speak for "Shooter" its a real good ap. I don't have a chronograph so it took me a while to true it, as the saying goes, junk data in junk data out. The ranges I have available to shoot at are limited but at a friends family's farm I do have the opportunity to get out to 800 yards(not LR to some but very challenging for me). I basically put all the gun and ammo info in and just started with the velocity listed on the box (168 FGMM) and a 200 yard zero. As I moved out through 100 yard increments I would watch the shift in POA and POI and adjust the velocity to match POI, this was good enough to get me on the next plate (10 inch steel) till I got out to 800. With the 800 yard velocity adjustment, everything from 800 in is dead on elevation wise, still struggling with the wind. I blue tooth my Kestrel info in, range the target, put the distance in and dial my glass, it's literally that easy. It doesn't matter whether the target is 700 or 732 yards its on every time, unless I F-up the wind. Again I can't speak for the others but Shooter is VERY user friendly and you can also save and download all your shooting solutions to your laptop for future reference.