PDA

View Full Version : China quarantines city for plague.

C-grunt
07-22-14, 13:11
http://io9.com/china-seals-off-city-of-30-000-people-after-man-dies-of-1608834104?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

First the Ebola outbreak and now the plague.

SilverBullet432
07-22-14, 13:14
Contagion...... *tinfoil/respirator*

VIP3R 237
07-22-14, 13:14
That kind of shit scares me more than nuclear war.

markm
07-22-14, 13:19
A little plague never killed anyone. :sarcastic:

cinco
07-22-14, 13:21
Nothing to worry about on our unprotected Southern border though - thank goodness!

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323820304578412561295471882

The Border Patrol has installed beacons on some ranches with signs—in English, Spanish and Chinese—informing immigrants that they can push a red button to notify agents of their position and be saved from death.

http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p647/Leda_May/bordersign_zps102f4a1c.jpg

cinco
07-22-14, 13:24
Oh yeah then this case in Denver just recently:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-07-13/deadliest-rarest-form-of-plague-contracted-near-denver

Deadliest, Rarest Form of Plague Contracted Near Denver

A rare airborne form of the plague that can spread through coughing and sneezing has infected a Colorado man, and state health officials are searching for other possible cases.

Eurodriver
07-22-14, 13:46
Just wondering, but does anyone have a "limit" with all of these diseases going around as to when they say "That's enough. I'm not going outside."

Outbreak was a horrifying movie - the movie theater part alone was enough to make me become a hermit.

cinco
07-22-14, 14:27
Just wondering, but does anyone have a "limit" with all of these diseases going around as to when they say "That's enough. I'm not going outside."

Outbreak was a horrifying movie - the movie theater part alone was enough to make me become a hermit.

Can you imagine what someone with a fear of germs must be thinking? I've known a couple of folks like this - they must be freaking with all this news and the border diseases. Makes me thankful for my rural lifestyle. Now when the chicken, pig and cow diseases start jumping I'm screwed. :p

Alex V
07-22-14, 14:29
Didn't the Zombie outbreak come from China in Day by Day Armageddon?

Oh man... its all coming true! Run for the hills! Load the mags!

Big A
07-22-14, 14:49
Nothing to worry about on our unprotected Southern border though - thank goodness!

http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p647/Leda_May/bordersign_zps102f4a1c.jpg

I don't know if I should laugh or cry...:(

After looking at the picture again I'm kinda laughing because the illegal stick figure pressing the help button looks like he is being chased by an illegal stick figure zombie....

jpmuscle
07-22-14, 15:09

After looking at the picture again I'm kinda laughing because the illegal stick figure pressing the help button looks like he is being chased by an illegal stick figure zombie....
Much hilarity in that observation, kudos to you.

buzz_knox
07-22-14, 15:27
Didn't the Zombie outbreak come from China in Day by Day Armageddon?

Oh man... its all coming true! Run for the hills! Load the mags!

And World War Z.

ABNAK
07-22-14, 16:10
Hell, I work in the health care field (hospital) and would likely be among the first to croak. :rolleyes:

Of course you would be expected to be there, to show up for work while the world around you died. No excuses troop! (good thing it's not my life's calling, huh? ;))

Moose-Knuckle
07-22-14, 16:47
Oh yeah then this case in Denver just recently:

Yup, they have had several cases in CO latetly of pneumonic plague, the deadlist as it is airborne and can be transmitted from person to person much easier. Can't wait to see what all of Barry's guests are bringing up this way.

chuckman
07-22-14, 17:58
Bubonic, pneumonic plagues are still around right here in the good ol' US of A....

With H1N1, avian flu, SARS, good on them for getting ahead of it, though....

cinco
07-22-14, 18:34
Bubonic, pneumonic plagues are still around right here in the good ol' US of A....

With H1N1, avian flu, SARS, good on them for getting ahead of it, though....

Correct. Years ago hunting up in the mountains of California, there were signs all around the camp sight warning of Bubonic Plague in the squirrels. Talked to my vet as I had my hunting Labs with me and he was like "Oh yeah, that's been around for while - not much of a threat". Different, of course, if it is "weaponized".

Honu
07-22-14, 18:51
seen those in the upper north of AZ also about the chipmunks and squirrels having it
with two dogs biggest thing is th fleas can pass it to your dogs ? forgot the exact

but having people have it in cities is more scary than isolated hunting camping squirrels :)

Correct. Years ago hunting up in the mountains of California, there were signs all around the camp sight warning of Bubonic Plague in the squirrels. Talked to my vet as I had my hunting Labs with me and he was like "Oh yeah, that's been around for while - not much of a threat". Different, of course, if it is "weaponized".

SeriousStudent
07-22-14, 20:07

My first thought was "I wonder what the red button is wired to? Electric or non-electric detonator?"

ColtSeavers
07-22-14, 20:14
My first thought was "I wonder what the red button is wired to? Electric or non-electric detonator?"

Electric; an Iludium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator to be exact.

"Where's the kaboom?! There's supposed to be an Earth-shattering kaboom!?"

Crow Hunter
07-23-14, 14:52

I was going to post the same thing.

:D

Big A
07-23-14, 18:19

I was going to post the same thing.

:D

Lol, good stuff:lol:

SeriousStudent
07-23-14, 20:07

A dude in my squad had a Marvin the Martian tattoo. I think he tried to lat-move into EOD after I got out.

And his nickname was - you guessed it - "Ka-boom".