PDA

View Full Version : Tall M&P rear sight?

Dave Berryhill
07-23-14, 08:21
I'm looking for an M&P rear sight that is taller than stock. I put an Ameriglo Pro-Glo front sight on a customer's Shield and now he wants one for his M&P 9mm Pro. Unfortunately, Ameriglo doesn't make a version of this front sight that is the correct height to work with the Pro's rear sight and it shoots low.

Plain black is preferred, either square or U-notch. Any suggestions?

opngrnd
07-23-14, 08:40
I believe 10-8 Performance makes one, but it only works in a Glock dovetail. This likely doesn't help, but I thought I'd out it out there.

Kevin P
07-23-14, 09:20
10-8 make a rear sight for VTAC models.

Here is the specs of there website:

Rear sight for S&W M&P VTAC model. This extra tall rear sight (.055" taller than standard M&P, .385" total height, .295" net blade height) directly replaces the VTAC rear sight with our plain black rear sight. Extra deep .140" U notch is compatible with the two dot VTAC front sight (.225" tall).

Unfortunately they are out of stock.

Dave Berryhill
07-23-14, 09:46
Thanks Kevin - I saw the 10-8 VTAC but that deep notch looks too distracting. I just stumbled on some from Dawson Precision that might work:
http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80001888-1388518387
There are a few height and sight notch width options. Dawson also makes an adjustable rear but I'd prefer a fixed sight.