PDA

View Full Version : A.R.M.s 22 Mount Opinions/Questions?

jerhelo
07-23-14, 20:57
Anyone running one? I am planning on putting it on a PRI Mark12Mod0 with a Leupold MK4 2.5-8. I have used Bobro or Larue in the past but wanted to try something different. Any issues holding Zero???

Kain
07-23-14, 21:08
Larue and Bobro are superior in most every way in my experience. Used an A.R.M.S. mount for an Aimpoint back in the day, and then upgrading to Larue I can tell you if you have the option of one of the other three I would go with A.R.M.S. last in regards to mounts. With the A.R.M.S. I did have a few issues with my rifle retaining zero with the optic, thought it was the rail I had (S.I.R.S. bi level), but when I had an ACOG mounted on it for a time there was no issues. Their BUIS aren't bad, still have one, but I have been much more pleased with my Larue mounts over the A.R.M.S in regards to optics.

jerhelo
07-23-14, 21:11
I have heard a lot of complaints about the acog mounts from A.R.M.s but was thinking the spread distance between the two 22 rings might aid in maintaining zero. Have you ever used the ARMs 22 rings?

Kain
07-23-14, 21:24
I have heard a lot of complaints about the acog mounts from A.R.M.s but was thinking the spread distance between the two 22 rings might aid in maintaining zero. Have you ever used the ARMs 22 rings?

I haven't used the A.R.M.S. ACOG mount so i really can't comment, mine was the Aimpoint mount. But the wandering zero was there, even once I traded off the S.I.R. System. Not had an issue with the zero wandering in my Larue mount and RTZ has been a hell of a lot better than the A.R.M.S. mount was.
As far as the #22 rings, my experience has been helping zero Bushnell, or a Burris, scope in them for a friend of the family who was not rifle literate. Did it zero? Sure. Did it stay zeroed? I don't know since I zeroed it for him about 4 years ago and the rifle hasn't seen a round since. That said, I still stand behind my statement that the Larue or Bobro options would be better if you are looking for QD option in the rings. Depending on the mission of the rifle I might add that the QD option could be a none needed feature.

jerhelo
07-24-14, 18:53
I haven't used the A.R.M.S. ACOG mount so i really can't comment, mine was the Aimpoint mount. But the wandering zero was there, even once I traded off the S.I.R. System. Not had an issue with the zero wandering in my Larue mount and RTZ has been a hell of a lot better than the A.R.M.S. mount was.
As far as the #22 rings, my experience has been helping zero Bushnell, or a Burris, scope in them for a friend of the family who was not rifle literate. Did it zero? Sure. Did it stay zeroed? I don't know since I zeroed it for him about 4 years ago and the rifle hasn't seen a round since. That said, I still stand behind my statement that the Larue or Bobro options would be better if you are looking for QD option in the rings. Depending on the mission of the rifle I might add that the QD option could be a none needed feature.

The thing I am worried about is the cheek weld. Being the Mk12Mod0 has the A.R.M.s Swan sleeve raises the center of optic a about 3/8". Bobro is too tall, need something like 1.1" to center i think.