PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a grip with these features

Warp
07-23-14, 22:01
I'm looking for a grip with these features:

1. A more vertical angle like the BCM Gunfighter (my wrist aches after much time at low ready or just walking around with my old MOE+ grip)

2. A longer trigger reach than the BCM Gunfighter (putting the pad of my finger on the trigger requires pulling my finger back, a comfortable position puts the proximal knuckle/joint over the tirgger face)

3. Storage core (nothing removable, just an open space and a cover so I can cram my Skittles into the grip you know?)

4. Optional but nice: Available in colors that at least come close to matching the magpul FDE and OD, as well as black

I dislike the standard A2 grip for that protrusion plus it feels so thin...used MOE+ for a long time but damn after a day of shooting/class my wrist is really agitated by that steep angle...tried a BCM Gunfighter at the range today but the shorter reach was annoying. Of the three the Gunfighter is the winner but surely there is something that is even better.

What should I try next?

cop1211
07-23-14, 22:16
Stark.

Warp
07-23-14, 22:20
I may have to try that...but man those things are just plain fugly. If it works it works...but man, is there a less fugly option to try first?

Also, just looking at pics quick, the angle doesn't seem to be as vertical as the gunfighter.

ColtSeavers
07-23-14, 23:08
BCM Gunfighter grip MOD 2?

ETA:
Up to a quarter of an inch wider than the BCMGUNFIGHTER Mod 0 and Mod 1 grips. Same wider profile as the BCM's GUNFIGHTER Grip Mod 3.

A new AR15 grip refined for the modern warfighter, optimized for modern weapon manipulation techniques.

Reduced grip angle keeps wrist in line with trigger for improved ergonomics and trigger control.

Interchangeable inserts for either a smooth front strap or a ‘duckbill’ to cover trigger guard gap.

Interchangeable backstraps for various hand sizes, weapons, and grip positions.

Hinged trap door with interior storage compartment and water resistant rubber gasket.

Made in the U.S.A., manufactured from high quality impact resistant polymers.

TexanInCali
07-23-14, 23:20
I have the Mod 2 and love it. It might help a little with the longer pull.

* edited after I realized I misread OP's item #2.

bruin
07-23-14, 23:32
I have a spare Stark grip in OD if you want to try it. If it fits, you can keep it for half of what I paid, otherwise send it back.

I have medium sized hands, and the Stark was a bit too big for a comfortable reach to the mag release. Trigger position was about perfect for me, though.

mastiffhound
07-23-14, 23:34
I have the Magpul MOE K2 and it does everything that you're looking for. I like it much better than any other grips I've tried. It will even match color for color!

SonOfAGunn
07-23-14, 23:44
The Ergo Grip that I have on my SBR is definately thicker than an MOE grip, it's called the Ergo Tactical Deluxe. It has a rubbery feel to it and is pretty grippy, but doesn't have an end cap for you to securley store your skittles. I'm fairly certain that it comes in FDE, OD, and Black. I think it's pretty comfortable, I like a larger grip. I tend to not grip so tightly with a larger grip since it really fills the hand.

I tried to upload a photo for you. Doesn't seem to be working for me.

Plasman
07-24-14, 00:11
I have the Mod 2 and love it. It might help a little with the longer pull.

* edited after I realized I misread OP's item #2.

Seconded. I own all of the BCM Gunfighter grips and none gave me the the right length of trigger pull till I got the Mod 2 with #2 backstrap. The Magpul K2 doesn't even come close (I actually hated that grip, wasn't comfortable or natural feeling to me). I wear a medium size glove.