PDA

View Full Version : dd front sight ?

Freddie
07-24-14, 20:36
I am waiting to take off the front sight off of my dd and put flip up sights on it. What all do I meed to do. It also has a 7.0 dd rail on it.

glock21xxx
07-24-14, 20:49
I am waiting to take off the front sight off of my dd and put flip up sights on it. What all do I meed to do. It also has a 7.0 dd rail on it.

Youtube, brother. It's really easy.

Freddie
07-24-14, 20:52
Can I still use the rail that I have.

glock21xxx
07-24-14, 20:57
Can I still use the rail that I have.

Sure can. Is it free float?

Freddie
07-24-14, 21:13
No I dont think it is. Its the Daniel defense ez car 7.0

glock21xxx
07-24-14, 21:21

Not ff. is the only reason you're doing this to put a flip up front sight on? Just curious

Freddie
07-24-14, 21:23
No im also wanting to put a optic on it and dont like the look of it with the a2 sight

ezveedub
07-24-14, 21:25

You won't be needing to take off your front sight then if that's the rail you're running. The DD EZ Carbine 7.0 is a drop in rail like stock handguards.

Freddie
07-24-14, 21:29
Im wanting to take it off. Im new to ar. Will I need to get a free floating rail to do so

ezveedub
07-24-14, 21:31
If you have a regular pinned front sight with gas tube, you have the wrong rail setup. You will need a free float rail and low profile gas block.

NeoNeanderthal
07-25-14, 00:33
If your rail is not free floating (its not) then you shouldn't attach a front sight to it. Hold your horses for a second though, What type of optic are you getting? if its non-magnified (aimpoint/eotech) red dot, then leave the front sight and run it as is. Many people find (including myself) its not distracting at all once you get used to it. If after shooting the optic with the front sight for a while you find it really bugs you and its worth getting a new rail/front sight then do so. But don't go cutting shit off your gun if you haven't put the shooting time in.

There are also replacement low profile gas blocks that have pic rails on top so you can attach a metal flip up front sight that you could look into. It would save you getting a new rail. Im not sure those are the most rugged/reliable option though, so do your research.

rocket 442
07-25-14, 09:15
If you have to have a flip up front sight check out the gg&g flip up front sight/gas block combo. Only thing is it attaches with 3 Allen screws & have anti rotation Allen screws also, but.... Pay a gunsmith to pin it!!!

tylerw02
07-25-14, 23:27
Keep the A2. It's the strongest most secure. If you really want to go to a "RECCE" style, then sell your upper and go with one set up the way you want it.

If you want a rail-mounted flip-up, you need a longer rail, it needs to free float, and you need a low profile gas block. By the time you do all this, you're not going to be money ahead. I'd seriously keep the A2...wait til you have experience to decide to undergo major surgery on your rifle. If you're new, you don't know what you don't know. As you gain experience you'll see things differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freddie
07-25-14, 23:32
Im thinking im gonna sale the rifle and just buy another Daniel defense the way I want it