PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some Feedback

old grunt
06-11-08, 11:45
I'm about to purchase an LWRC M6 in 5.56mm. In keeping with my KISS mentality I'll put a pice of rail on the oval handguards for a SureFire light and another for a vertical grip. I'll put either an EOTECH or Aimpoint(similiar to the M68 CCO I had recently with Uncle Sam)with the provided iron sights or a MATECH BUIS I have new. THAT'S IT! The rifle is a 1 in 7 16" barrel and I'll use PMAGS to feed it. No food processor, OC sprayer, DVD player or anything else hanging off the front end. Trying to keep this a rifle NOT a crew-served weapon!! AM I ON THE RIGHT TRACK GUYS?? Be gentle this is my first post!!

***AIRBORNE..........ALL THE WAY***:)

Failure2Stop
06-11-08, 11:57
Your concept of KISS meets my approval. For some reason, others have insisted that KISS means "Amish", with some unreasonable fear of technology and electricity.

It seems that the handguard mounted rail is acceptable for light mounting, but not so much for a VFG. And really, unless you simply insist on having a VFG, it would be unnecessary on your proposed set-up (at least for me, that is).

Good luck and welcome in.

-F2S
(Self-proclaimed welcoming party)

telecustom
06-11-08, 12:09
I definitly think you are on the right track. Personally, I like having a rail system on my weapon even if it is just for my light and VFG. I originally tried the bolt on rail for the VFG but was really uncomfortable. I soon went to a RIS. Hope this helps

All The Way!

old grunt
06-11-08, 12:20
THANKS Telecustom and F2S!!!:D

Warrior
06-11-08, 12:23
That is KISS. I think when most people say KISS they should be saying retro. Kiss is practical functionality and not sticking crap on there that can be detrimentle. An aimpoint is rugged and simple and has ridiculous battery life. Point is a light, aimpoint maybe a grip and butstock swap I would still consider KISS.