PDA

View Full Version : AR15 prices falling like bricks.

Pages : [1] 2

Eurodriver
07-25-14, 19:47
DD offering financing, Colts in the $800s, BCM giving free BCGs with upper receiver purchases...

Just how bad are things for manufacturers right now? Did Sandy Hook create any new consumers or did everyone just buy last year the rifle that they would've normally bought this year?

ptmccain
07-25-14, 20:15
Can you say:

Buyer's market?

Yup.

Thank you Obummer.

RWCRaiden
07-25-14, 20:15
I've yet to see top tier AR's prices plummet that low at any local shop, or online. Who knows though.

wildcard600
07-25-14, 20:16
well the economy is still in the dumps too... without a panic to get people to impulse buy i imagine things are tapering off quite severely.

kirkland
07-25-14, 20:17
They all got bought up after sandy hook and Obama's gun control circus, demand shot through the roof so the manufacturers started making them as fast as they could, then everybody who wanted one got one and we ended up with a surplus of ar-15's. I just bought another colt 6920 on gunbroker for $799, add $30 shipping and $50 transfer fee and it was $879 before tax. Can't complain about that. Pre sandy hook prices were what? $1100?

ryantx23
07-25-14, 20:26
They all got bought up after sandy hook and Obama's gun control circus, demand shot through the roof so the manufacturers started making them as fast as they could, then everybody who wanted one got one and we ended up with a surplus of ar-15's. I just bought another colt 6920 on gunbroker for $799, add $30 shipping and $50 transfer fee and it was $879 before tax. Can't complain about that. Pre sandy hook prices were what? $1100?

3 months after Sandy Hook 6920's here in DFW were going for up to $3K..... People are stupid.

kirkland
07-25-14, 20:31
3 months after Sandy Hook 6920's here in DFW were going for up to $3K..... People are stupid.

I remember that, they wanted $2500-$3000 for used rifles at the local shops here. No new ones to be found. It was nuts.

ptmccain
07-25-14, 20:41
I remember that, they wanted $2500-$3000 for used rifles at the local shops here. No new ones to be found. It was nuts.

Holy Price Gouging, Batman.

I've got my two ARs and one AK and 10,000 rounds for each platform.

I'm not expecting an Apocalypse, but ... one can never have too much of this kind of thing.

ryantx23
07-25-14, 20:43
Holy Price Gouging, Batman.

That's nothing.... I watched a dude standing in line at the gun show at Dallas Market Hall buy 2 Olympic Arms AR's for $3750 cash money. Insane is what that was....

black22rifle
07-25-14, 20:43
DD offering financing, Colts in the $800s, BCM giving free BCGs with upper receiver purchases...

Just how bad are things for manufacturers right now? Did Sandy Hook create any new consumers or did everyone just buy last year the rifle that they would've normally bought this year?

sweet jesus... thank you sir, I just bought an upper.

DWood
07-25-14, 20:54

TexanInCali
07-25-14, 20:58

Shit. Back in early 13, Jackson Arms in South San Francisco had an awful, heavy tacticooled Bushmaster for around $3K. First and last time I ever went into that ghetto dump.

Amur
07-25-14, 21:02
Sandy hook scare brought about 12 full months of consumption forward. This also caused manufacturers to ramp up production. What are now experiencing the follow on consumption gap. Give it another 6-8 months

Caduceus
07-25-14, 21:08

Aggregating. I bought an upper a few weeks ago and no free BCG.

six8
07-25-14, 21:13
Aggregating. I bought an upper a few weeks ago and no free BCG.

Aggravating too .... I bought one on Monday! :mad:

friendlyfireisnt
07-25-14, 21:19
Aggravating too .... I bought one on Monday! :mad:

Bought one a few weeks ago, and just had the BCG I bought delivered today.

Overall, I still got a great deal (got one of the 14.5 blem uppers with C4 rails). But why did they have to do that right after I told my wife I was done buying AR's for now?:D

Maybe I need to order another 1 or 3.

six8
07-25-14, 21:22
I'm hoping they'll give me some store credit. I need a trigger and a light.

VIP3R 237
07-25-14, 21:24
Prices are down, and on the retailer side its hard to sell in comparison to other years. After SH you couldn't find a AR on the shelf for under $2k, now every pawn shop and mom and pop shop has 30 on the consignment rack.

Accessory sales are doing well though.

friendlyfireisnt
07-25-14, 21:52
I'm hoping they'll give me some store credit. I need a trigger and a light.

Prices fluctuate. I bought two BCM uppers and BCG's during the panic period. Prices have come down since. I've bought more uppers and BCG's since then. Prices have changed again. If the price was good enough for me to order it in the first place, I am happy. I got what I paid for.

Market forces keep the prices in flux. Prices could sky rocket tomorrow.

During the last panic, a coworker offered to buy one of my AR's for $6k.

NetJunkie
07-25-14, 21:59
Now is the time to buy, obviously. Another shooting could happen tomorrow and the panic start all over again. If you have gaps you want to fill and the disposable income to do it, now is the time.

T2C
07-25-14, 22:06
It's a simple case of supply and demand.

Try buying a M1 Garand or M1 Carbine. Prices for them have really gone up.

ryantx23
07-25-14, 22:07
Prices fluctuate. I bought two BCM uppers and BCG's during the panic period. Prices have come down since. I've bought more uppers and BCG's since then. Prices have changed again. If the price was good enough for me to order it in the first place, I am happy. I got what I paid for.

Market forces keep the prices in flux. Prices could sky rocket tomorrow.

During the last panic, a coworker offered to buy one of my AR's for $6k.

If you had an extra to spare, you should have sold it to him.... It's not like you twisted his arm or anything. Hell, I sold a RRA Entry Tactical that I had a whole $750 bucks in to a guy for $2250 and he thought he got a good deal because I gave him a couple of PMAGS that I even loaded up for him with VN era tracers....

jerrysimons
07-25-14, 22:17
Now if only ammo prices would get back to .25 cents a round...

LoveAR
07-25-14, 22:40
I sold a bunch of 30 rd. PMAGS back then. They were going for $50 or more each on the auction sites. 10 for $500. It was crazy.

ScatmanCrothers
07-25-14, 22:50
I sold a bunch of 30 rd. PMAGS back then. They were going for $50 or more each on the auction sites. 10 for $500. It was crazy.

Everyone involved in that should be embarrassed.

ryantx23
07-25-14, 22:59
Everyone involved in that should be embarrassed.

Not trying to be an ass, but why is that? CTD was scalping people a lot worse then that. I saw them selling PMAGS for $89.95 with NO Vaseline or even a reach around.

I have been over this topic before and I know it has to have been discussed here as well, but we didn't create this problem. If we own a commodity that someone else wants / there is a high demand for, then why should we take less then the going market value if we choose to sell.

We all knew that prices were inflated, but would drop back down eventually. I agree it made things a PITA for a few months, but GI metal mags work just fine and if you don't keep a good stock of mags, ammo you'll wish you did. The old adage, it's better to have and not need, then to need and not have.

A fool and his money soon shall part....

ScatmanCrothers
07-25-14, 23:08
Not trying to be an ass, but why is that? CTD was scalping people a lot worse then that. I saw them selling PMAGS for $89.95 with NO Vaseline or even a reach around.

I have been over this topic before and I know it has to have been discussed here as well, but we didn't create this problem. If we own a commodity that someone else wants / there is a high demand for, then why should we take less then the going market value if we choose to sell.

We all knew that prices were inflated, but would drop back down eventually. I agree it made things a PITA for a few months, but GI metal mags work just fine and if you don't keep a good stock of mags, ammo you'll wish you did. The old adage, it's better to have and not need, then to need and not have.

A fool and his money soon shall part....

Yeah, I know. It is what it is and fools are definitely finding new ways each day to blow their wad. Not trying to get this debate started up as both sides have valid arguments. Just holding out hope that those who were without last time and were forced to reach deep in their wallets learned a valuable lesson as opposed to just stocking up themselves to be a shark instead of minnow the next go round. And hopefully those sharks from last time found a way to be profitable without having to use the next new guy when this inevitably happens again.

ryantx23
07-25-14, 23:20
Yeah, I know. It is what it is and fools are definitely finding new ways each day to blow their wad. Not trying to get this debate started up as both sides have valid arguments. Just holding out hope that those who were without last time and were forced to reach deep in their wallets learned a valuable lesson as opposed to just stocking up themselves to be a shark instead of minnow the next go round. And hopefully those sharks from last time found a way to be profitable without having to use the next new guy when this inevitably happens again.

I hear ya. In a perfect world we would have a stable market, but then politicians came along. Maybe we should outlaw / ban politicians?:D

wildcard600
07-25-14, 23:30
Maybe we should outlaw / ban politicians?:D

best idea ive heard yet

Iraqgunz
07-25-14, 23:39
This isn't a thread about "alleged price gouging" or to bitch that you bought and upper and now someone is offering a free BCG or Nutrabullet. Shit happens.

SeriousStudent
07-25-14, 23:42
....... Maybe we should outlaw / ban politicians?:D

Maybe not outlawing them, but I'm in favor of reasonable bag limits and responsible herd management.

And just think - their ivory is domestic, and not imported. Everybody wins.

lunchbox
07-25-14, 23:44
Maybe not outlawing them, but I'm in favor of reasonable bag limits and responsible herd management.

And just think - their ivory is domestic, and not imported. Everybody wins.Maybe even have a "lottery system" for tags.

MorphCross
07-25-14, 23:47
I originally had a giant block of text I was going to post for my thoughts on the subject, suffice it to say I realized it would be tl;dr so to sum up my thoughts, the market will fare as the political flag blows, or as the pendulum swings.

KCBRUIN
07-25-14, 23:50
With prices dropping on new Uppers plus the addition of free BCGs the used market is going to take a pretty big hit. It was already a buyer's market on the used side, and now I can't even imagine the deals we'll start to see on the EE.

DiabhailGadhar
07-26-14, 00:40
I paid 3.5 for a scar....worth every penny...lol.

Dead Man
07-26-14, 00:53
I put some Pmags on gunbroker during one of the "panics" just to see what would happen. I got about 4 times what I paid for them.

Do I feel bad? I started the auctions at $1 with free shipping.

I do not feel bad.

Looks like it's time to buy a few 6920s

tim808
07-26-14, 02:40
Op - tnx for the heads up!! I'm ordering my bday gift.....

If one were to get ready for the next sellers market, what would get the best return? Im leaning to getting more lowers. If I had a lot of space I'd probably get pmags since they don't need to be registered

3 AE
07-26-14, 03:28
What a difference a week makes. Unbelievable deals are showing up. BCM offering not only a free BCG but a free BCM Mod "0" compensator installed with their uppers. Example:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-cosmo-p/bcm-urg-mid-16-gfcomp-cosmo.htm

My Gawd! Just $400 for all that. It's crazy out there. Buy what you can. This is one of those rare moments where opportunity knocks. Answer the friggin door! :blink:

Kain
07-26-14, 06:26

And if you're happy with it, crack on!
That is a good bit more than I would spend but I know several who are often moret han willing to buy at the moment than wait. Even if it just means ordering something. Me... I tend to be patient with my gun purchases, both due to time and money(lack there of). But if you have the money and really want it...Who cares what you paid! Ended up with a Cosmo blem BCM, and just bought a BCM BCG for it. Am in it about what one of their uppers would cost me currently, but I would rather have the one I have and not have to deal with the BCM brake personally. But, I am militantly opposed to brakes on fighting guns so.... lol. But in the end, the ~50-60 dollars that I might have saved is pretty much irrelevant to me in the long run. It going to get run, and shot, and used and pick up more scratches and marks. But, seeing quality manufacturers breaking into the price ranges of much lower quality products.... I wonder if we might see a greater proliferation of quality builds on the market. I mean, getting bang for the buck is getting somewhat easier. Want a nice trigger? $65 ACT and damn nice trigger that is on part with$150+ triggers I have used just as an example.

Take said, next good sale I catch I am ordering 20-30 pmags, may splurge and go for the M3s since I do like them. Would like another 20 USGI 30rounders too. Also am going to start stocking up on small parts for the AR. I think if nothing else, we should take note of the issues with getting even small parts and stock up on them now. springs, pins, bolts, ect.

Would be curious to know the number of small manufacturers who bought cheap and sold junk parts high during the panic, if they are still making any money. Or even the small shops that jacked prices sky high (3K for wasrs, $25 for a box of 50 rounds of .22lr, $100 AR mags), if they are getting any traffic at all now because I know I damn near tripled my personal no buy list.

Eurodriver
07-26-14, 06:26
What a difference a week makes. Unbelievable deals are showing up. BCM offering not only a free BCG but a free BCM Mod "0" compensator installed with their uppers. Example:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-cosmo-p/bcm-urg-mid-16-gfcomp-cosmo.htm

My Gawd! Just $400 for all that. It's crazy out there. Buy what you can. This is one of those rare moments where opportunity knocks. Answer the friggin door! :blink:

I didn't even see that deal. I couldn't resist. I want a KMR ELW pretty bad, but money talks.

$438 for a complete BCM upper with a Mod0 compensator, BCG, and GF Charging handle. That's the regular price of a BCM 16" Upper by itself.

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/Capture_zps488a80e4.jpg

How much lower can they go? I also noticed they reduced the price of charging handles by $5.

E_Johnson
07-26-14, 06:56

Did you have to post that? I just impulse bought that thing so hard.

Eurodriver
07-26-14, 06:59
With prices dropping on new Uppers plus the addition of free BCGs the used market is going to take a pretty big hit. It was already a buyer's market on the used side, and now I can't even imagine the deals we'll start to see on the EE.

I just perused the EE and the going rate for a used 16" Middy seems to be $400 without BCG or CH or GF Comp. I just paid $40 more for a new one with all that. There's pretty much no way you can sell a BCM upper right now (to informed consumers) without taking a serious hit. A lot of those selling uppers right now bought them on the high side too. It'd be best to just keep it.

No kidding...I didn't even want another 16" Middy.

Skar
07-26-14, 07:37
I got this deal last week http://www.cdnnsports.com/6920mp-223-le-moe-bl-fde-16-fl.html#.U9OgQGK9KK0
It was $899 a few weeks back but with no rebate or case and mags .

mhanna91
07-26-14, 08:32
Well I was on the fence trying to hold out for the release of the BFH ELW-F barrels, but what a wonderful day it was to visit m4carbine.net and find out BCM is giving away free stuff. Just ordered my new upper, standard barrel variety.

Barfly76
07-26-14, 08:44

I tried to, but they sold out while it was in my cart. Great deal.

ABNAK
07-26-14, 08:49

hey, that's discriminating on only one party! Have to add in what a well-tanned donkey hide is worth too! ;)

ABNAK
07-26-14, 08:51

I paid $2700 for mine (SCAR-17), but recently and certainly not during The Great Gun Horror.

Eurodriver
07-26-14, 09:22
I tried to, but they sold out while it was in my cart. Great deal.

I have been in your shoes multiple times. I just missed out on the last go-around of Blemished uppers, but in hindsight I'm glad I did. Your time will come!

Well I was on the fence trying to hold out for the release of the BFH ELW-F barrels, but what a wonderful day it was to visit m4carbine.net and find out BCM is giving away free stuff. Just ordered my new upper, standard barrel variety.

With a free $170 BCG, you can buy a new BFH ELW-F barrel after you wear out your standard barrel for almost nothing.

lahunter57
07-26-14, 09:44
Just order a 16" ELW-F with a KMR. It was cheaper to buy 2 upper receiver groups than for me to build two with the ALG EMR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pork Chop
07-26-14, 09:46
Damn you guys. I couldn't pass up a 410 stainless upper with a comp & BCG for $515. That's ridiculous.

ForTehNguyen
07-26-14, 10:06
holy crap free BCG and Mod 0 comp with purchase. Urge to splurge rising

SiGfever
07-26-14, 10:06

My understanding is that they make good glue.

ForTehNguyen
07-26-14, 10:18
be nice to upgrade some of my uppers to KMR and ELW but the way prices are now that makes my older uppers worth a lot less

StevieJ309
07-26-14, 11:13
Hopefully those blem 14.5" SOCOM uppers come back in stock while this free BCG deal is going on.

glocktogo
07-26-14, 11:17
If you ever plan to buiy or build more AR's, this is your sign. If you don't buy now, you'll regret it come the next frenzy.

kirkland
07-26-14, 11:58
Well... I been thinking about a 16 middy for a while now, after seeing that deal I just couldn't pass it up. Upper is on the way!

Berserkr556
07-26-14, 12:19
There's pretty much no way you can sell a BCM upper right now (to informed consumers) without taking a serious hit. A lot of those selling uppers right now bought them on the high side too. It'd be best to just keep it.

Indeed. Looks like I'll have to assemble mine after all because I can't sell it. I could really use the cash but I'll sell something else instead. Figures BCM would have a some great deals right after I get laid off, lol. On a positive note this motivates me to find another job even more now so I can buy another upper.

Warp
07-26-14, 12:34
What I am really hoping for is smooth sailing through positive mid-term election results for an all time, epic buyer's market on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

kwelz
07-26-14, 12:51
So if you buy a Blem BCM upper and a Blem BCM lower you can have a complete BCM AR for around 800 after you buy MOE Handguards and stock. Is there any question that this is a good deal?

Warp
07-26-14, 13:06
So if you buy a Blem BCM upper and a Blem BCM lower you can have a complete BCM AR for around 800 after you buy MOE Handguards and stock. Is there any question that this is a good deal?

Where does one find a complete blem BCM lower?

ColtM4Carbine
07-26-14, 13:07
Where does one find a complete blem BCM lower?

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LWR-BCM-BLEM

lunchbox
07-26-14, 13:18
What I am really hoping for is smooth sailing through positive mid-term election results for an all time, epic buyer's market on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.This is the only reason I haven't jumped all over some the great deals going on here as of late. I had to quit going in the "where can I get it thread", my debit card was starting to reason with me about funds...

six8
07-26-14, 13:26
This is the only reason I haven't jumped all over some the great deals going on here as of late. I had to quit going in the "where can I get it thread", my debit card was starting to reason with me about funds...
I have to stop myself. Received a ELWF KMR 14.5" upper yesterday. Just ordered a 11.5" upper this morning. Ugh!

Airhasz
07-26-14, 13:52
I'm resisting BCM's free bcg fairly easily, but will jump if and when the sr15 mod2 has a good sale...lol

turnburglar
07-26-14, 14:11
I can't believe I just bought a bcm rifle because of a free Bcg.

There's been worse impulses I guess.

3 AE
07-26-14, 14:50
The Force is Strong this week. You will not be able to resist crossing over to the Dark Side! ;)

Seriously, could it be that BCM is trying to clear out existing inventory that has been sitting on the shelves for quite awhile to make room for their latest URG's? Still, they're offering their "latest and greatest" upper receiver groups with KMR handguards and ELW barrels at bargain prices when you add in the BCG's and Comps. "Black Friday" sales have nothing on these offerings. Will this have a ripple effect on their and other manufacturer's lowers like the forthcoming Battle Arms Development lower? Maybe not, since most purchasers of uppers will want to get another lower to complete their builds, so the demand for lowers will still be high. Who knows, but in the mean time, "Get it while the goings good".

Chris17404
07-26-14, 15:36
I really wish BCM would come out with their BHF ELW uppers with KMR rails, already. The BHF ELW is the one I really want, but it's hard to resist these BCM deals right now. I wonder if they are intentionally delaying them for when prices may go back up. Just a thought.

Eurodriver
07-26-14, 15:44
I really wish BCM would come out with their BHF ELW uppers with KMR rails, already. The BHF ELW is the one I really want, but it's hard to resist these BCM deals right now. I wonder if they are intentionally delaying them for when prices may go back up. Just a thought.

Do you shoot hard or often enough to potentially give up a $260 savings (Comp and BCG) in order to wait for a BFH barrel?

Kain
07-26-14, 15:46

I don't think BCM would do that intentionally. I would be willing to bet that they would rather do a steady pace of business, than wait until their is a mad panic rush and sell everything out. Besides, if that was their goal why run the sales that they have in the past month? I mean, hold off a couple more months for elections and dump the stuff on the market.
But I do agree, am interested for the BHF ELW to hit the market. Am wanting to do a LW build and since my other BCM uppers are BHF I figure I might as well keep the pattern.

bowietx
07-26-14, 16:07
Palmetto State Armory

252.00 16" upper
149.99 Complete lower
91.00 BCG
22.00 Charging Handle

New Ar-15= 514.99

Perhaps not a Colt 6920, but an example of the zeitgeist of the AR market

3 AE
07-26-14, 16:12

This is just conjecture but maybe BCM is clearing out inventory to make room for more of the ELW/KMR combos, Standard and BHF, to be put on the shelves in sufficient quantity to meet demand.

Moose-Knuckle
07-26-14, 16:23
We are halfway through 2014, what we are seeing is the calm before the storm. I'll try to remember and revisit this thread in the fall of 2016.

ColtM4Carbine
07-26-14, 16:31
Palmetto State Armory

252.00 16" upper
149.99 Complete lower
91.00 BCG
22.00 Charging Handle

New Ar-15= 514.99

Perhaps not a Colt 6920, but an example of the zeitgeist of the AR market

Definitely worth spending the extra $300 and getting a complete BCM rifle. At least to me it is.

bowietx
07-26-14, 16:35
Never claimed that it was a first option, merely an example of the low cost of current product. However, I have a PSA in the collection and it has failed exactly zero times and gone through a course or two without issue.

Eurodriver
07-26-14, 17:11
This is just conjecture but maybe BCM is clearing out inventory to make room for more of the ELW/KMR combos, Standard and BHF, to be put on the shelves in sufficient quantity to meet demand.

Given that all of the current KMR/ELW uppers are in stock, this is unlikely.

They are trying to earn revenue because sales have plummeted. (Unless you think all of the other AR manufacturers are lowering prices because they have ELW/KMR uppers as well)

Pi3
07-26-14, 17:35
I'm doing my best to resist getting this:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-SS410-16-Mid-Upper-KMR13-p/bcm-urg-mid16-ss410-kmr13.htm

justin_247
07-26-14, 17:36
I'm going to go with a Sionics 11.5" upper instead of a BCM one, because it has both the barrel profile that I want along with the fact that it's cheaper.

That being said, if I didn't already have a Colt BCG, the uppers from BCM would be an exceptionally good deal.

richdkim77
07-26-14, 17:39
Given that all of the current KMR/ELW uppers are in stock, this is unlikely.

They are trying to earn revenue because sales have plummeted. (Unless you think all of the other AR manufacturers are lowering prices because they have ELW/KMR uppers as well)

Talking to some of my retail friends, you're spot on. In fact describing sales as "plummeted" would be an improvement.

Other than their summer sale a few years ago on uppers, I've never seen any BCM products on "sale" let alone get a free BCG (which was basically unobtainium 9 months ago) and Comp with purchase.

Glockman1968
07-26-14, 17:52
I'm eyeballing a 16in BCM upper HARD lol. ELW with a 15in KMR seems like nirvana to me.

Would anyone care to guess what I could get for DD V7 upper with about a 1000 rounds down the pipe? I've no experience with selling AR parts at all.

Slater
07-26-14, 17:56
I'm saving my pennies for a Colt AR-15A4, but I haven't seen any killer deals on those lately.

Skar
07-26-14, 18:02
I'm saving my pennies for a Colt AR-15A4, but I haven't seen any killer deals on those lately.

http://www.cdnnsports.com/firearms.html?brand=364&cat=15

justin_247
07-26-14, 18:06

They're still somewhat "rare" in comparison to the carbines. Generally, cheapest I've seen them is $1112 at Buds and $1125 at G&R Tactical.

That being said, here is a Magpul edition for $1108:
https://www.ratworxusa.com/?q=node/311

Moose-Knuckle
07-26-14, 18:09

The 6720?

If so this has been their regular price for years . . . Colt AR 15 A4 Tac Carbine 16"Bbl Flattop 5.56mm
(http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PartNumber=COLT-AR6720)

Eurodriver
07-26-14, 18:13
http://www.cdnnsports.com/firearms.html?brand=364&cat=15

The 6720?

If so this has been their regular price for years . . . Colt AR 15 A4 Tac Carbine 16"Bbl Flattop 5.56mm
(http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PartNumber=COLT-AR6720)

The Colt AR15A4 is a 20".

oBMTo
07-26-14, 18:30
Well just bought an upper I don't need: BCM ELW-Fluted 14.5" barrel 13" KMR. Now I need to get a lower I don't need, back up iron sights I don't need, and an optic I don't need.

Slater
07-26-14, 18:31
Yeah, I'm one of those that doesn't mind being seen in public with a full-length rifle :D

veeklog
07-26-14, 18:46

It is now a buyer's market now. I have a safe full of AR's, and now everyone and their mom owns AR's now. It is a far cry when I bought my first AR during the 1994 AWB, when AR's weren't as popular as they are now (still have the lower) It really has become the most common firearm in the U.S.

I am glad the prices have fallen, especially on BCM and Colt products. I need to buy a 11.5" upper for a AR pistol, so the fact that BCM is offering a BCG when you purchase their uppers is a plus.

Mjolnir
07-26-14, 18:49
That's nothing.... I watched a dude standing in line at the gun show at Dallas Market Hall buy 2 Olympic Arms AR's for $3750 cash money. Insane is what that was....

Did you not have the heart to inform him he was wasting his hard earned money?

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

Mjolnir
07-26-14, 18:50
I saw 6920s at Walmart for $899 earlier this year.

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

RWCRaiden
07-26-14, 18:53
I think I'll have to order the 18" upper I've been wanting now...

foxtrotx1
07-26-14, 19:09
Yeah, I'm one of those that doesn't mind being seen in public with a full-length rifle :D

I'm waiting for them to come back in stock as well. I like the impulse and balance of the 20 inch A2 stock.

Warp
07-26-14, 19:21
The Force is Strong this week. You will not be able to resist crossing over to the Dark Side! ;)

Seriously, could it be that BCM is trying to clear out existing inventory that has been sitting on the shelves for quite awhile to make room for their latest URG's? Still, they're offering their "latest and greatest" upper receiver groups with KMR handguards and ELW barrels at bargain prices when you add in the BCG's and Comps. "Black Friday" sales have nothing on these offerings. Will this have a ripple effect on their and other manufacturer's lowers like the forthcoming Battle Arms Development lower? Maybe not, since most purchasers of uppers will want to get another lower to complete their builds, so the demand for lowers will still be high. Who knows, but in the mean time, "Get it while the goings good".

I think there are still plenty of people with plenty of stripped lowers on hand, and that many of those who buy something like a nice BCM upper or similar probably assemble their own lowers using the parts they want rather than buying complete lowers. IOW, I don't think current upper sales are going to equal near-future lowers demand.

Moose-Knuckle
07-26-14, 19:52
The Colt AR15A4 is a 20".

Here is the rollmark on a 6720, I have several. I guess Colt uses the same rollmark on several models?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/6720RollMark_zps3745794c.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/6720RollMark_zps3745794c.jpg.html)

krichbaum
07-26-14, 20:06
OK, some of the BCM deals are making my credit card sweat. Looking at picking up another complete upper, but I have a question. Does BCM currently pin LP gas blocks on all their assembled uppers? I had heard at one time they weren't doing it on all of them, and I'd actually prefer it if they didn't pin it on the upper I'm looking at (12.5" with KMR handguard).

Eurodriver
07-26-14, 20:06
Odd, but it looks like it.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3126/img3158ew.jpg

SiGfever
07-26-14, 20:51
If looking for a AR6720 look here...

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=6720

Jwknutson17
07-26-14, 21:02
OK, some of the BCM deals are making my credit card sweat. Looking at picking up another complete upper, but I have a question. Does BCM currently pin LP gas blocks on all their assembled uppers? I had heard at one time they weren't doing it on all of them, and I'd actually prefer it if they didn't pin it on the upper I'm looking at (12.5" with KMR handguard).

All the BCM uppers that I have with low pro gas blocks are set screws. The 12.5 KMR I just bought 6 months ago is that way.. Couldnt say 100 percent sure, that everyone is.. But I hope that helps.

Jwknutson17
07-26-14, 21:05
Well just bought an upper I don't need: BCM ELW-Fluted 14.5" barrel 13" KMR. Now I need to get a lower I don't need, back up iron sights I don't need, and an optic I don't need.

This^^^^ What you dont realize is, a upper turns into a 3K+ dollar project. Aimpoint T1, Surefire light, Complete lower, Sling, Geissele trigger, irons, muzzle device, suppressor, etc etc. Thats why I didnt buy the 3 uppers I had in my BCM shopping cart today. Almost pulled the trigger. Wife is glad I didnt. :)

Kain
07-26-14, 21:11
This^^^^ What you dont realize is, a upper turns into a 3K+ dollar project. Aimpoint T1, Surefire light, Complete lower, Sling, Geissele trigger, irons, muzzle device, suppressor, etc etc. Thats why I didnt buy the 3 uppers I had in my BCM shopping cart today. Almost pulled the trigger. Wife is glad I didnt. :)

True. Is the only thing stopping me since I have two BCM projects that need to be finished. One needing irons, another needing a Surefire light(can't decide on another Scout, or a Fury or G2X in Gearsector mounts), and another BFG sling. And lets not forget the desire to change out the stock and grip on the one to a color other than black. Figure my one with ACOG is going to end up around the $2500 mark by the time everything is said and done, with sling, optic, Scout light, mounts, ect, ect, ect.

That said, the 14.5 cosmo blem socom uppers with A2X FHs pop in stock with BCG I am grabbing one for another build.

ennbeegunny15
07-26-14, 21:26
Now is the time to buy, obviously. Another shooting could happen tomorrow and the panic start all over again. If you have gaps you want to fill and the disposable income to do it, now is the time.

This, buy buy buy! I've purchased so much AR stuff in the last year, I'm all stocked up.

kirkland
07-26-14, 22:34
This, buy buy buy! I've purchased so much AR stuff in the last year, I'm all stocked up.

Haha, same here, bought a lot of stuff this year.

Warp
07-26-14, 22:37

I don't think it's quite like that.

The control crowd seems to have played every card in the last year and a half. Unfortunately for them it wasn't enough to even breach the perimeter at a federal level. Obviously if you live in a retard state like CA, NY, MA, IL...CO...etc (basically any all-blue state), sure, it could happen tomorrow. But not in the currently-red states, or even the split states, and not at the federal level.

Plus I think a lot of people are kind of bought-out from the panic, or from the recent glut now that the panic is over for everything other than bulk .22lr.

Pi3
07-26-14, 22:45
http://www.birminghampistol.com/?product=magpul-colt-m4-carbine-le6920mp-fde-223-flat-dark-earth

SteveS
07-26-14, 22:50
When you consider what the militaries pay for the M4s we as consumers are usually over charged.

kirkland
07-26-14, 22:52
I don't think it's quite like that.

The control crowd seems to have played every card in the last year and a half. Unfortunately for them it wasn't enough to even breach the perimeter at a federal level. Obviously if you live in a retard state like CA, NY, MA, IL...CO...etc (basically any all-blue state), sure, it could happen tomorrow. But not in the currently-red states, or even the split states, and not at the federal level.

Plus I think a lot of people are kind of bought-out from the panic, or from the recent glut now that the panic is over for everything other than bulk .22lr.

Very true, you make a lot of good points. But personally I think we are right now at the very bottom pricewise, and the prices will go up again, nobody knows when, but it will go back up.

Zane1844
07-26-14, 22:56
If BCM comes out with their BFH ELW uppers with this free BCG deal, I am doomed.. I will sell one of my uppers now, to recoup some cost, though.

I am young and impulsive, is my excuse. :D

Eurodriver
07-27-14, 07:36
If BCM comes out with their BFH ELW uppers with this free BCG deal, I am doomed.. I will sell one of my uppers now, to recoup some cost, though.

I am young and impulsive, is my excuse. :D

Not sure now is the best time to sell a used upper.

For example, if you have a used standard 16" mid length - I just bought a brand new one from BCM yesterday for $440 with BCG, Comp and CH. You gonna sell your upper for less than $200?

BCM has obliterated the used market for a long time.

Airhasz
07-27-14, 08:32

For example, if you have a used standard 16" mid length - I just bought a brand new one from BCM yesterday for $440 with BCG, Comp and CH. You gonna sell your upper for less than $200?

Not every buyer is a savvy M4C member. Tons of uninformed buyers out there to scoop up used guns.

Zane1844
07-27-14, 09:47

Yeah that is true. Might as well keep it, for another build. You know, cause my AR needs an AR, too!

DWood
07-27-14, 10:10
When you consider what the militaries pay for the M4s we as consumers are usually over charged.

This is only a recent occurrence since Colt was outbid first by Remington in 2012, and then FN in 2013. Colt charged very high prices for years. I would buy an FN for $642:

EDIT: Colt still gets a 5% royalty on every gun that is second sourced until 2050, and that costs the Army an additional $32 per gun. still a bargain price.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/04/23/army-buying-m4-carbines-from-remington-colt-still-earning-royalties-for-m16-design/

After a lengthy back-and-forth bidding war between Colt and Remington, one that would eventually involve the Government Accountability Office and the threat of a Congressional hearing, F.N. Herstal has won the contract to update and replace the Army’s aging rifles.

In April of 2012, Remington finally broke the chain of Colt contracts with the U.S. Army, placing an $84 million bid for a run of 120,000 M4A1s, with 24,000 carbines to be delivered starting September of this year.

The cost per Remington M4A1 was just $673 per. Their bid severely undercut Colt’s previous contract, which priced the rifles at over $1,200 a piece.

FN’s contract with the Army is $77 million for the first 120,000 rifles, which works out to a bottom line of just under $642 per M4A1. These will be manufactured at FNH USA in South Carolina along side the M16A4s and M249s FNH USA currently produces for the U.S. armed forces.

http://www.guns.com/2013/02/26/fn-lands-army-m4-contract-underbids-colt-remington/

justin_247
07-27-14, 10:15
Here is the rollmark on a 6720, I have several. I guess Colt uses the same rollmark on several models?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/6720RollMark_zps3745794c.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/6720RollMark_zps3745794c.jpg.html)

The original Colt 6720 was spec'ed out by Clyde Armory, roll mark and all.

Nowadays, when people are referring to the AR-15A4, they are referring to the civilian model of the M-16A4:
http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Rifles/AR15A4.aspx

kenny256
07-27-14, 10:57
I have built two ARs this year using quality products for cheaper then I would have before sandy hook.

I have been on a mag buying spree lately and can not seem to stop....if bcm gets those socom uppers back instock I will probably have to buy one....you know....just because....

brianc142
07-27-14, 11:05
Does anyone know how long the free BCG deal will last at BCM? I don't see a "sale ending" date anywhere.

tim808
07-27-14, 11:28
Zane - if possible just wait for when it's a sellers market again....say 2016.
Recent ones were around 2008 (Barry elected), 2012 Sandy Hook

There is a growing sellers market for Russian arms....so I'll be letting a Saiga go eventually

I've recently put down about $1700 for lowers/mags, $750 cheapo PSA AR15, $1400 for BCM uppers/bcgs

The 2016 elections will be interesting

DWood
07-27-14, 11:38
I didn't really think prices were falling in general on the top tier, except for Colt's, and I believe that is in response to the loss of the M4A1contract (for now at least). But, with BCM offereing BCGs with their uppers, that is the equivalent of more than 10% off. First they cleared out blems at great prices and now you get a $169 - 189 BCG thrown in with your purchase. As already stated, it will be tough to sell anything used now, so let's hope the other manufacturers we prefer all follow suit and add to, rather than sell off our personal inventories. :cool: .

Pi3
07-27-14, 11:54
bcm's sale specials seem to be clearing out uppers with Qaud Rails & Non-BFH barrels.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Parts-s/88.htm

Jwknutson17
07-27-14, 12:24
bcm's sale specials seem to be clearing out uppers with Qaud Rails & Non-BFH barrels.

I think people see the DD rails that are so expensive by themselves and then see the 360 dollars off line, or 400 dollars off line for the upper, and jump on that. They do not have any of the DD Lite III rails on there site, so I figured they are discounting the 2's that much to clear those out. People see the KMR set ups and relaize its a 230 dollar rail and its not AS big of a discount. Just the way I thought of that.. Who knows...

ScatmanCrothers
07-27-14, 12:35

BCM has probably just obliterated the BCM used market but I don't see that translating to other brands. Brand loyalty is a strong ideal and everyone isn't just going to standardize on BCM because they're selling cheap uppers. Depending on how long this deal goes on or if it becomes the norm for BCM, the value of their secondary market uppers and possibly rifles are going to be devalued. Consumers will have to take note of that and will have to consider all variables when making a purchase or deciding what brands they want to fill their closets with for when the next, let's call it "selling opportunity," comes around.

It's a bold move by the company which is going to yield a lot of sales right now IMO. But what this does to resale values is something that will have to be considered when buying. Uppers that used to cost 600+ that are being sold for 400 aren't worth 600+ anymore, and that kind of ROI can't be expected when re-selling it. So on the face of it, these uppers are a great deal for shooters, not so much for people looking to profit from their purchases because they aren't getting a deal that the rest of the general public can't get.

I'm just hoping for BCM BCGs to hit EE's in droves with prices at all time lows.

Pi3
07-27-14, 13:06
Shouldn't the bcm M4 16 Carbine MOD 1 cost about the same as a colt 6920? Isn't bcm just adjusting to the competition? DD's are on sale also.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=M4-650-112

http://www.birminghampistol.com/?product=magpul-colt-m4-carbine-le6920mp-fde-223-flat-dark-earth

KCBRUIN
07-27-14, 13:20

Damn that's tempting.

Dead Man
07-27-14, 14:15
I'm not finding any of these outrageous deals on 10.3 uppers....

Regalkismet
07-27-14, 14:21
I think people see the DD rails that are so expensive by themselves and then see the 360 dollars off line, or 400 dollars off line for the upper, and jump on that. They do not have any of the DD Lite III rails on there site, so I figured they are discounting the 2's that much to clear those out. People see the KMR set ups and relaize its a 230 dollar rail and its not AS big of a discount. Just the way I thought of that.. Who knows...

The lite rail II and III's both just came out...they are both new designs with different dimensions so I doubt they are just trying to dump lite rail II's.

ForTehNguyen
07-27-14, 16:40

even KMR uppers have free BCG

Wake27
07-27-14, 17:34
even KMR uppers have free BCG

I think he was referring to just the sale page. I would love to grab another upper, but will probably just stick to my 2 complete BCMs for the moment. My big concern is ammo right now.

rocket 442
07-27-14, 19:22
I'm eyeballing a 16in BCM upper HARD lol. ELW with a 15in KMR seems like nirvana to me.

Would anyone care to guess what I could get for DD V7 upper with about a 1000 rounds down the pipe? I've no experience with selling AR parts at all.

Hard to say. I had a brand new one listed w/ DD sights for 800.00 on 3 boards & got no hits!!!!

Glockman1968
07-27-14, 19:48
Hard to say. I had a brand new one listed w/ DD sights for 800.00 on 3 boards & got no hits!!!!

They are out of stock at the moment, but BCM sells the V7 upper with BCG for $750.00 new. I'll just save my pennies and grab a 15in KMR when funds allow. I can't in all good concience ask someone for $700 when they get a new one for 50 bucks more.

I gotta look at myself in the mirror lol.

Pi3
07-27-14, 21:36
I was referring to the sale page, but I would pay a little more than the sale page railed uppers are going fot & get the KMR rail I really want.

TexanInCali
07-27-14, 23:57
I'm trying to stick to my plan for a Noveske as my second AR, but BCM is really making it tough.

Kalash9305
07-28-14, 00:22
I'm trying to stick to my plan for a Noveske as my second AR, but BCM is really making it tough.

Factory Gen I/II uppers are out there at pretty decent prices right now.
After that its just saving some pennies and finding a good deal on a stripped I/II lower

joeyjoe
07-28-14, 00:51
I really want a bcm upper with dd lite III rail. Maybe bcm is dropping the price on the lite II uppers in order to make room for uppers w lite III's? I hope so. Can't stand the dimensions of the lite II, but love the weight and bolt up system. Lite III sounds like a near perfect quad rail.

TexanInCali
07-28-14, 01:34
Factory Gen I/II uppers are out there at pretty decent prices right now.
After that its just saving some pennies and finding a good deal on a stripped I/II lower

I've seen a few deals, but not on what I'm looking at. Haven't decided which model, but that's another thread.

jukeboxx13
07-28-14, 02:02
Damn I knew I should have waited for summer to get a BCM upper, but no I had to have it when the KMR first came out.

O well time to get another.

Wake27
07-28-14, 03:03

My first AR 3 years ago was a Noveske. I sold it and have only BCMs now.

KCBRUIN
07-28-14, 03:16
My first AR 3 years ago was a Noveske. I sold it and have only BCMs now.

Care to elaborate why?

TexanInCali
07-28-14, 03:41
I love my BCM, but it's my first AR. I'm going to try Noveske, JP and GAPrecision, in that order, to see what's what for myself. It'll be s slow, methodical and fun process.

Eurodriver
07-28-14, 05:59
BCM has probably just obliterated the BCM used market but I don't see that translating to other brands. Brand loyalty is a strong ideal and everyone isn't just going to standardize on BCM because they're selling cheap uppers.

It's a bold move by the company which is going to yield a lot of sales right now IMO. But what this does to resale values is something that will have to be considered when buying. Uppers that used to cost 600+ that are being sold for 400 aren't worth 600+ anymore, and that kind of ROI can't be expected when re-selling it. So on the face of it, these uppers are a great deal for shooters, not so much for people looking to profit from their purchases because they aren't getting a deal that the rest of the general public can't get.

Agreed, but I think it will affect other brands regardless of brand loyalty. You're always going to have diehards that are cool with spending twice the price on a Noveske, but for normal people money talks.

Basic economics says more people will buy BCM uppers than their competitors given the current pricing situation. As an example, I am a diehard Mercedes Benz owner. They've taken good care of me, but if Audi or BMW were to release an equivalent car for 60% of the cost of a Benz, guess what my next purchase would be?

Either the competition is going to lower their prices as well or their sales will suffer. How much they will suffer I do not know. I do not buy guns based on potential resale value so that is irrelevant to me. I look at it strictly from a shooter's point of view and BCM has a smoking deal going on right now.

As a shooter, I look at people spending $1,000 more on a Noveske and I just scratch my head. Great weapons, but that extra stack would buy a T1, a case of ammo, and a bunch of magazines...

Care to elaborate why?

Probably because selling that one Noveske funded all of his other rifles ;)

justin_247
07-28-14, 08:52
I really want a bcm upper with dd lite III rail. Maybe bcm is dropping the price on the lite II uppers in order to make room for uppers w lite III's? I hope so. Can't stand the dimensions of the lite II, but love the weight and bolt up system. Lite III sounds like a near perfect quad rail.

It's the best rail out there, as far as I am concerned.

I wish BCM would offer uppers with it, as well.

MarkG
07-28-14, 09:02
It's a bold move by the company which is going to yield a lot of sales right now IMO. But what this does to resale values is something that will have to be considered when buying. Uppers that used to cost 600+ that are being sold for 400 aren't worth 600+ anymore, and that kind of ROI can't be expected when re-selling it.

Bold move? There is nothing bold about a business decision. This move is nothing short of a cash call by BCM. Increasing sales means nothing if you knock the bottom out of your margin.

skijunkie55
07-28-14, 09:58
14.5 ELW Fluted w/ BCG, Mod4 charging handle, and surefire MB556K pinned for $873?!?!?! I must be dreaming...

Grizzly16
07-28-14, 10:00
Bold move? There is nothing bold about a business decision. This move is nothing short of a cash call by BCM. Increasing sales means nothing if you knock the bottom out of your margin.
Yes it does. Selling more for less profit can make as much as selling a few at high profit. Plus it could expand them into the "its good enough" market by getting people who would have bought some other brand but pick BCM now because of the free bcg. Not a bad move at all I'd guess.

geckcgt
07-28-14, 10:08
I've also seeing a lot of third party barrel makers lately with no one to attest for them... Just people with lathes that are trying to make some profit I guess.

MarkG
07-28-14, 10:16
Yes it does. Selling more for less profit can make as much as selling a few at high profit. Plus it could expand them into the "its good enough" market by getting people who would have bought some other brand but pick BCM now because of the free bcg. Not a bad move at all I'd guess.

Coupon Queen... Cat's with your understanding of economics is why more people have a lost a million bucks in business than those who made a million.

Grizzly16
07-28-14, 10:34
Coupon Queen... Cat's with your understanding of economics is why more people have a lost a million bucks in business than those who made a million.
Its true I'm not an MBA. Care to enlighten me how this such a bad move for BCM to make?

justin_247
07-28-14, 10:54
Plus it could expand them into the "its good enough" market by getting people who would have bought some other brand but pick BCM now because of the free bcg. Not a bad move at all I'd guess.

Nope, the folks who follow the "it's good enough" mantra don't think like that at all. I once commented on a thread at another site where they were advertising Stag's upper receiver sale, and posted a link to BCM's sale of "blemished" uppers. People got upset that I would post about "blemished" uppers in this thread, and attacked me. They do not discern any difference between parts and only care about how they look.

But then, I should not be surprised by this, since most Americans think this way.

RIDE
07-28-14, 10:57
I would be much more concerned about the cost of LOWERS sky rocketing. For AR's the upper is really just "parts" as far as a ban would be concerned. As uppers are not serialized it would be extremely difficult if even possible to know what uppers are grandfathered and what were not..

Lower receivers on the other hand are much much easier to ban and keep track of..

After sandy hook I could never understand why people were going bonkers and paying HUGE money for BCG's. Lowers I understood. Not parts though.

I guess there could be an all out ban on every AR component, but I think any ban at this point, let alone one that would include parts is HIGHLY unlikely.

Now, 30 round mags? That may be a different story.

markm
07-28-14, 11:27
After sandy hook I could never understand why people were going bonkers and paying HUGE money for BCG's. Lowers I understood. Not parts though.

Simple. When you're sitting on (not me... because I think it's retarded) a dozen stripped lowers and watching people scratch and claw for crappy parts, you get to thinking that... Hey! These lowers are worthless with no parts to get them running.

Warp
07-28-14, 11:54
Simple. When you're sitting on (not me... because I think it's retarded) a dozen stripped lowers and watching people scratch and claw for crappy parts, you get to thinking that... Hey! These lowers are worthless with no parts to get them running.

Pretty much this.

With basic stripped lowers typically being available anywhere from $60-$100, depending on the current market, etc, and with the '08 election behind us and with the '12 election happening recently, an awful lot of people probably have at least one or two spare stripped lowers. It costs a heck of a lot more to turn a stripped lower into a rifle you would reach for than to grab another lower or three.

Plus the lower receiver doesn't really wear out. If you have a decent/quality 7075 stripped lower from one of the (fair number of) manufacturers, there's really no reason to believe it won't last as long as you need it to. Bolts and barrels, on the other hand...well now we're talking about how much AMMUNITION do you have. That's the expensive good!

markm
07-28-14, 12:00
Plus the lower receiver doesn't really wear out. If you have a decent/quality 7075 stripped lower from one of the (fair number of) manufacturers, there's really no reason to believe it won't last as long as you need it to. Bolts and barrels, on the other hand...well now we're talking about how much AMMUNITION do you have. That's the expensive good!

Exactly. I don't have a single extra stripped lower. If someone came up with a nice one I wanted, I'd grab it, but it's way down on my list of wants.

RIDE
07-28-14, 12:12
I agree.. None of it works without the rest of it.
What I'm
Saying is upper prices may (and will) spike high, but without an out right ban on ALL components. Uppers, barrels, BCG's will come back down again. Maybe not to previous lows, but they certainly won't remain at the panic prices, as they aren't banned/grandfathered.
Lowers, the only serialized component if an AR, and the only piece that the gov considers a "gun" can easily be banned/grandfathered, thus keeping their cost/value going higher and higher.

I'm just stating that while now is a great time to be buying AR's I don't feel like there's any rush to scoop up as many uppers as is possible.

I'm probably bias though as I'm stocked up on all that I want, though I could always use some more ammo.

Eurodriver
07-28-14, 13:05
Exactly. I don't have a single extra stripped lower. If someone came up with a nice one I wanted, I'd grab it, but it's way down on my list of wants.

I used to have two.

Then this sale happened.

Now I have zero.

DWood
07-28-14, 13:34
It's not a mystery. Companies lower prices to sell more of a product that was not selling like they wanted at the higher price.

Jwknutson17
07-28-14, 13:48
I used to have two.

Then this sale happened.

Now I have zero.

I did the opposite. I had 0. Now I need 2 lowers. A lower leads to a $3k rifle. A upper leads to a $3k rifle. Heck I have even had a Geissele trigger lead to a new rifle. Individual parts only lead to a huge hole in my pocket. :D

PatrioticDisorder
07-28-14, 13:59
I agree.. None of it works without the rest of it.
What I'm
Saying is upper prices may (and will) spike high, but without an out right ban on ALL components. Uppers, barrels, BCG's will come back down again. Maybe not to previous lows, but they certainly won't remain at the panic prices, as they aren't banned/grandfathered.
Lowers, the only serialized component if an AR, and the only piece that the gov considers a "gun" can easily be banned/grandfathered, thus keeping their cost/value going higher and higher.

I'm just stating that while now is a great time to be buying AR's I don't feel like there's any rush to scoop up as many uppers as is possible.

I'm probably bias though as I'm stocked up on all that I want, though I could always use some more ammo.

That's the logic I've been using as well, buy what is the low hanging fruit... For me that would be mags and the registered part of the gun (AR lowers)... I think it's wise to have a spare lower or two in case a ban is implemented and an unlikely kaboom ruins one of your lowers, then you'd be kinda screwed.... I think only an idiot would hoard tons of spare lowers however.

The only thing that hurts me about these current low prices, stupid 41p rule change proposal has all my extra cash going to cans and stamps (the other low hanging fruit)...

ScatmanCrothers
07-28-14, 14:09

Nothing bold about a business decision? Possibly one of the worst generalizations I've ever come across. The smallest changes by a company can be catastrophic so I guess the other side of the ridiculous generalization spectrum of "all business decisions are bold" could be made.

Of course increasing sales doesn't always equate to profit. But I'm not familiar with BCM's internal dealings and I don't know their margins, nor do I pretend to. Maybe they have a chance to be profitable with this, I don't know. Regardless, it will have an impact on how customers buy their products today and in the near future, and what price customers are going to be willing to pay once the deal is over for the same gear. Not to mention the next time those customers that participate in the sale are even going to need another upper before price considerations even happen. There's nothing "everyday decision" about it, not for a successful company.

Wake27
07-28-14, 14:30
Care to elaborate why?

Probably because selling that one Noveske funded all of his other rifles ;)

Close. I already had one BCM and really wanted an AK. As much as I loved my Noveske, it bothered me how hard it was to change the few things I didn't love about it - mainly the handguard. So I sold the Noveske with 3,500 rounds through it, bought a SAM7R and 500 rounds of 7.62 and still had a little money left over.

I love my BCM, but it's my first AR. I'm going to try Noveske, JP and GAPrecision, in that order, to see what's what for myself. It'll be s slow, methodical and fun process.

Are you on Sniper's Hide?

Abraham
07-28-14, 14:45
Now, if only all the other AR related equipment would plunge in cost, optics, slings, and on and on...

Eurodriver
07-28-14, 15:06
Of course increasing sales doesn't always equate to profit. But I'm not familiar with BCM's internal dealings and I don't know their margins, nor do I pretend to. Maybe they have a chance to be profitable with this, I don't know. Regardless, it will have an impact on how customers buy their products today and in the near future, and what price customers are going to be willing to pay once the deal is over for the same gear. Not to mention the next time those customers that participate in the sale are even going to need another upper before price considerations even happen. There's nothing "everyday decision" about it, not for a successful company.

Very good points. But we have to remember a few things, BCMs standard uppers used to sell for $379 (or less) and their BCGs were about $120 just a few years ago. I'm sure their costs have gone up, but not that much. Tossing in that $170 list price BCG doesn't sound so terrible when they use to earn $50 less on the BCG and $70 less on the upper.

I dont know BCMs finances either, but I can promise you that they are not losing money.

DWood
07-28-14, 16:12
BCM was able to charge XX price because the demand for their product supported it. Lowering prices indicates demand has decreased and they are adjusting to sell more, but not at a loss. That is, unless they are going out of business and are liquidating product, which is unlikely. This is absolutely a normal business decision and is similar to Colt lowering prices after losing the M4 A1 contract lowered demand for their product. Prices were high for so long that it became expected. Demand is lower now, and lower prices confirm that. It's just business.

TMS951
07-28-14, 16:17
You guys that are buying, are you purchasing other product from BCM when placing an order for an on sale upper.

Like things you've been holding off on ordering until you had a bigger order to place?

Kain
07-28-14, 16:26
You guys that are buying, are you purchasing other product from BCM when placing an order for an on sale upper.

Like things you've been holding off on ordering until you had a bigger order to place?

When I ordered my upper I ordered a few small items, odds and ends. It was less that I was holding off on ordering the parts though, more that a few came into stock, and price difference wasn't much if any than from other places.

Eurodriver
07-28-14, 16:28

I usually order little things whenever I get the urge from companies that offer free shipping, like AIM.

However all of my uppers have things like sling mounts, lights, etc and I order these from BCM when I order my uppers. My $399 upper was a $590 order.

wildcard600
07-28-14, 16:49

just the upper. didnt even really have the money for it , but i could not pass on the chance that prices would go back up again. $170 is alot of money to me.

Sean W.
07-28-14, 22:18
I was about to buy a ELW barrel alone until I saw this deal and just got the KMR ELW upper. I didn't even want a KMR. If you're looking to build an AR its the time.

NetJunkie
07-28-14, 22:42

Yes. I needed a few things so I figured I'd go ahead so hopefully they are making a decent profit on my order. Helps us both. :)

militant_monkey
07-28-14, 23:29
I have been saving money month to month to buy parts for my first build. I don't know if this a fair assumption. It it almost looks like the major companies are making it so it really is just more cost effective to buy a complete upper. I wonder how much it will continue to drop? As that does so does the used market.

10MMGary
07-29-14, 00:24

Winner winner chicken dinner, what is even better is all those people that thought they had to have an AR with all the bells whistles and ammo instead of paying their car house or child support payments. I have never been able to buy so much for so little,,,,,, :dance3: God how I love a capitalistic free market economy.

10MMGary
07-29-14, 00:35
I have been saving money month to month to buy parts for my first build. I don't know if this a fair assumption. It it almost looks like the major companies are making it so it really is just more cost effective to buy a complete upper. I wonder how much it will continue to drop? As that does so does the used market.

Personally in my humble opinion I say if you have never built an upper or have not attended an certified AR armorers class, now is definitely the time to purchase a high end / top tier complete upper. Then start with building your lower with good quality products.

HighDesert
07-29-14, 00:37

How did you get the charging handle included in the 439 price?
I thought you had to still pay extra for that?

tim808
07-29-14, 00:55
High desert - I think euro driver got a blem. The blem upper was about 40 less, about 399.

HighDesert
07-29-14, 00:56
Thanks - that would explain it!

Thought I missed a way to get an even more insane deal.

militant_monkey
07-29-14, 03:30
Personally in my humble opinion I say if you have never built an upper or have not attended an certified AR armorers class, now is definitely the time to purchase a high end / top tier complete upper. Then start with building your lower with good quality products.

Thanks for the food for thought. With Daniel Defence offering financing it would be nice to have that kind of quality and spread the prices out.

Smarcus
07-29-14, 07:15

I ordered an upper and added an extra $100 of small items.

TMS951
07-29-14, 08:35
Glad to see BCM getting business out of this. I wish I was in the market for an upper, its a hard deal to pass up for some great kit. However I just can't justify an upper that is redundant to my collection.

SouthPaw970
07-29-14, 09:44
Glad to see BCM getting business out of this. I wish I was in the market for an upper, its a hard deal to pass up for some great kit. However I just can't justify an upper that is redundant to my collection.

Just another excuse to build another AR-15 :). I am in the same boat, I absolutely love my 11.5'' from them but paid the full price a few years ago for it. I think a lot of companies are starting to feel the pressure especially with PSA constantly selling $200 uppers.

KalashniKEV
07-29-14, 09:56

That's exactly where I'm at... I even have some redundant lengths, but not configs.

The few I might have picked up were sold out.

I thought about it really hard on the BCM website... then bought ammo instead.

friendlyfireisnt
07-29-14, 10:35

Same with me. But I also just bought another upper from BCM just recently (blem 14.5 with c4 rails), and I didn't really need that one. Got a great deal because it was a blem, but it would be nice to get in on this deal too.

But, I already have 5 built AR's, 3 of which are BCM uppers and a spare BCM 16" upper and BCG, I need another upper like I need a hole in my head.

cbx
07-29-14, 10:39
I'm torn. I was ready to start building my own rifles. Finally got some money to play with and ready to get an armorers setup and parts for about 2-3 rifles.

With the bcm prices/ bcg , I don't really save much to build an upper.

lahunter57
07-29-14, 11:37
I'm torn. I was ready to start building my own rifles. Finally got some money to play with and ready to get an armorers setup and parts for about 2-3 rifles.

With the bcm prices/ bcg , I don't really save much to build an upper.

Go with the sale. I was doing the same thing, I already ordered my uppers from Grant and was waiting for him to get the ELW-F barrels to order the rest when I heard about the deal. I saved about $400 and got exactly what I wanted. It sucked having to spend all of that money up front but it was worth it in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MD1776
07-30-14, 09:55
I am glad the prices have fallen, especially on BCM and Colt products. I need to buy a 11.5" upper for a AR pistol, so the fact that BCM is offering a BCG when you purchase their uppers is a plus.

My thoughts exactly. Three days ago, after already plunking down $$$ for a AAC 9" 300BLK upper, I couldnt resist getting a 11.5" BCM with DD MK18 rail in FDE, BCG, and BCM charging handle..all for $949 with shipping. My credit card is groaning in pain but screw it..you only live once! and I cant remember a deal like this ever being available in the past.

joeyjoe
07-31-14, 13:32
and now BCM is offering a free gunfighter comp mod 0 with upper orders. Free muzzle device, free BCG....making it pretty difficult to resist. :/ The downside is that BCM has removed (temporarily?) the option for muzzle devices by other manufacturers.

MD1776
07-31-14, 13:41
and now BCM is offering a free gunfighter comp mod 0 with upper orders. Free muzzle device, free BCG....making it pretty difficult to resist. :/ The downside is that BCM has removed (temporarily?) the option for muzzle devices by other manufacturers.

I would have been overjoyed to get a free Surefire MB with the deal :(

markm
07-31-14, 13:43
I would have been overjoyed to get a free Surefire MB with the deal :(

Bravo can't control SF's ridiculous prices.

wildcard600
07-31-14, 16:46
BCM's sale seems to be working. havent seen that much stuff sold out since the last panic.

Eurodriver
07-31-14, 16:49
Got my upper in today. Not bad for an $800 rifle. For those that are wondering, that little nick on the forward assist body is why it is a "blem".

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_20140731_170717_978_zps72251273.jpg

wildcard600
07-31-14, 17:14
Got my upper in today. Not bad for an $800 rifle. For those that are wondering, that little nick on the forward assist body is why it is a "blem".

looks good. got mine on tuesday and could not be happier with a $439 complete upper with BCG. cant hardly buy palmetto stuff for that price and with their shipping , would be lucky to have it before christmas.

Pi3
07-31-14, 17:40
Any idea when the bcm sale will end? The site says "limited time only".

RIDE
07-31-14, 17:46

My guess would be while supplies last.

wildcard600
07-31-14, 17:47

i hope for a while, i would like to get a 20" rifle as well. if its something you "need", i would jump now however.

Kain
07-31-14, 17:56

As a rule of thumb. A day less than you are hoping it will. As wildcard600 said, if you have something you want/need order it now, or damn soon.

turnburglar
07-31-14, 18:23
Looks good Euro!

Bcm was on top of their stuff as always. Ordered midnight Friday and they shipped Monday morning.

UPS on the other hand sucks. Delivery was scheduled for Friday, but got rescheduled for Wednesday. Wtf.

thebarracuda
07-31-14, 18:35
I had my wallet lightened by BCM's sale as well.

I went with the 16" ELW with the 13" KMR. The free BCM bcg was tempting enough as it was, but with the free Mod 0 comp as well, I could resist no longer. Added a BCM mod 5 charging handle - with shipping totaled $732.00. Unreal! Ordered Tuesday night, delivered Thursday afternoon.

Now I can finish up one of the stripped lowers I had. Will be mating it to:
Aero Precision Stripped Lower
DD LPK
ALG Qms trigger
BCM RE
BCM carbine spring and H buffer.

It's great times we're living in right now boys! Buy it while its cheap.

JusticeM4
07-31-14, 18:38
The DD sale looks even more tempting for me, I've always wanted one of their rifles (V1 or V5). $400 off is hard to beat...

Moose-Knuckle
07-31-14, 18:56

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_20140731_170717_978_zps72251273.jpg

Damn solid rig for the money, that a blem lower from Grant?

Moose-Knuckle
07-31-14, 18:57
The DD sale looks even more tempting for me, I've always wanted one of their rifles (V1 or V5). $400 off is hard to beat...

Any links to the sale, I was on their site earlier today checking the specs on a RIS but did not see rifles listed other than MSRP.

Eurodriver
07-31-14, 19:49
Damn solid rig for the money, that a blem lower from Grant?

Yeah.

Blem lower shipped w/ Transfer = $365
Complete Upper = $399
Used CTR = $50

I have a bajillion rear sights so I didn't count that, but you could add $50 for a Magpul BUIS and still be below $900. That gets you a complete BCM rifle with a BCM comp and Magpul furniture. G&R sells the BCM 16 Mod 0 without Magpul CTR and the comp for $1155.

StevieJ309
07-31-14, 20:24
Any links to the sale, I was on their site earlier today checking the specs on a RIS but did not see rifles listed other than MSRP.

It's at Primary Arms. Use coupon code "DD400".

Moose-Knuckle
07-31-14, 20:45
Yeah.

Blem lower shipped w/ Transfer = $365
Complete Upper = $399
Used CTR = $50

I have a bajillion rear sights so I didn't count that, but you could add $50 for a Magpul BUIS and still be below $900. That gets you a complete BCM rifle with a BCM comp and Magpul furniture. G&R sells the BCM 16 Mod 0 without Magpul CTR and the comp for $1155.

Great score man, I saw that those blem uppers sold out shortly after they annouced the free BCG/Mod 0 w/ upper purchase. Glad BCM got the business and that some guys got some good rifles! I hope they release their BFH ELW KMR uppers (God how many more letters can we fit in there lol) before they end the BCG promo.

Moose-Knuckle
07-31-14, 20:49
It's at Primary Arms. Use coupon code "DD400".

Ah hah, thanks!

Caduceus
07-31-14, 21:07
i hope for a while, i would like to get a 20" rifle as well. if its something you "need", i would jump now however.
Me too. Only variant I really feel Im missing.

HaydenB
07-31-14, 21:19
Just ordered a LW MID 16" with the free bcg. I just couldn't resist the urge. This will be my third AR. Being 18 years old, I think I may have a serious problem..

Is there some sort of support group I should be attending?

donlapalma
07-31-14, 21:24

Unfortunately, this forum is it. You're screwed! :help:

HaydenB
07-31-14, 21:30
Unfortunately, this forum is it. You're screwed! :help:

That's what I was afraid of.

Not that it's directly relevant to this thread, but I think most people scooping up these dirt cheap carbines and uppers might be interested to know LA police gear has aimpoint PROs for $353 shipped with code: LAPGFLASH

Zane1844
07-31-14, 21:58
Just ordered a LW MID 16" with the free bcg. I just couldn't resist the urge. This will be my third AR. Being 18 years old, I think I may have a serious problem..

I am 20 and I have two.

This deal is hard to pass up, but my two AR's cover everything I want in an AR right now, and the only different between them is that one is the Fluted ELW with a H1, the other non-Fluted with a 1-6x.

Ammo prices are falling as well, I am looking to pick some Igman M193 for $318 shipped.

Caduceus
07-31-14, 22:10
Anyone know if getting a C8 is worth doing if I already have a 16" SOCOM profile upper?

3ACR_Scout
07-31-14, 23:05
My guess would be while supplies last.
I was thinking the same thing, but the LW KMR upper I'm really tempted to buy sold out a couple days ago, and then I received the restock notice today. I guess they could just be revising their inventory, or maybe building uppers until the reach a predetermined limit. They're really tempting me at a time when I'm trying to save money!

Dave

tango-papa
08-01-14, 00:39
That's what I was afraid of.

Not that it's directly relevant to this thread, but I think most people scooping up these dirt cheap carbines and uppers might be interested to know LA police gear has aimpoint PROs for $353 shipped with code: LAPGFLASH

Thanks for sharing that information!
I just picked up an Aimpoint Pro with FDE rubber cover for $379.93 delivered.

Hoping to grab a BCM 11.5" SBR upper while the free BCG deal is on, but they are out of stock so we'll see...

tp

HaydenB
08-01-14, 01:09
Thanks for sharing that information!
I just picked up an Aimpoint Pro with FDE rubber cover for $379.93 delivered.

Hoping to grab a BCM 11.5" SBR upper while the free BCG deal is on, but they are out of stock so we'll see...

tp

No problem. I saw it on mrgunsngear's Facebook page. Cool dude and he always posts great deals on his FB. I think he's a member here too.

Iraqgunz
08-01-14, 04:07
Let's not turn this into another thread on who has what for sale, etc...

Eurodriver
08-01-14, 06:00
So is this the new norm with firearms until another panic or just a summer slump?

Ryno12
08-01-14, 06:15
So is this the new norm with firearms until another panic or just a summer slump?

I don't think it's the new norm. It'll continue to evolve until we hit the equilibrium. It'll stay there until the next panic and then the ebb & flow will start over again.

DWood
08-01-14, 09:18
I don't think it's the new norm. It'll continue to evolve until we hit the equilibrium. It'll stay there until the next panic and then the ebb & flow will start over again.

That is a normal pattern in supply and demand theory. The second sentence should read "until demand exceeds supply and prices will rise accordingly".

Colt and BCM have lowered prices. Will others follow suit?

markm
08-01-14, 09:44
Colt and BCM have lowered prices. Will others follow suit?

BCM and COLT appear to have gotten a Jump on the Slump. Those who've lagged are going to suffer greatly I think...

TXBK
08-01-14, 11:08
BCM and COLT appear to have gotten a Jump on the Slump. Those who've lagged are going to suffer greatly I think...

I agree with this thought pattern. I believe that BCM is hands down, making the best decisions out there at the moment.

It is also going to be a shame if anyone here enters the next ban or panic without at least a good supply of items they may want or need. Prices may never be this affordable especially after the next couple of years. There is too much up in air, so to speak, to take a chance. Don't be that guy in 20 years saying, "if only I had done this or that in 2014/15".

thebarracuda
08-01-14, 12:02

My only worry is that after all the geared up production demanded by the panic, that a possible bust cycle may damage or eliminate some companies that bought infrastructure to meet the demand. Right now we have a robust firearms economy which allows for creative thinking and product development. I'd hate to see a prolonged bust cycle undo a lot of the gains.

markm
08-01-14, 12:20
My only worry is that after all the geared up production demanded by the panic, that a possible bust cycle may damage or eliminate some companies that bought infrastructure to meet the demand.

That (if actually the case) was piss poor thinking on their part, and Boo Hoo.

Another panic is years off. What needs to happen is that the 12 year olders right now... playing HALO call of warfare XII need to come to firearm purchasing age. They are the next crop of customers for the AR, Huge banana clips, etc.

Everyone else pretty much has what he "needs" at this point and the demand is in hangover level... with some odds and ends purchasing going on because of good prices.

That's my take, Mama.

Eurodriver
08-01-14, 12:56
Everyone else pretty much has what he "needs" at this point and the demand is in hangover level... with some odds and ends purchasing going on because of good prices.

That's my take, Mama.

I think you're spot on.

I have what I "need" right now, but if Colts drop to <$750 and BCM starts offering blonde 20 year olds with upper purchases I'll keep buying.

wetidlerjr
08-01-14, 12:56
...Another panic is years off...
Yeah, if Hillary wins, it is a little over two years off.

markm
08-01-14, 13:12
Yeah, if Hillary wins, it is a little over two years off.

That isn't going to happen unless something odd occurs to create positive perception towards that rancid cunt.

A hilary panic would be a dwarf compared to the Sandy Hook shooting under the lunatic Musloid we have now.

wetidlerjr
08-01-14, 13:22
That isn't going to happen unless something odd occurs to create positive perception towards that rancid cunt...Would odd be like Obama being elected twice?

PatrioticDisorder
08-01-14, 13:26
That isn't going to happen unless something odd occurs to create positive perception towards that rancid cunt.

A hilary panic would be a dwarf compared to the Sandy Hook shooting under the lunatic Musloid we have now.

Don't know about that, Obama should have never own reelection and she did... Who knows, maybe Elizabeth Warren with a loaded congress and her wacko views will be running this country come Janaury 2017. I've lost faith in your average American, we live in a world where most people are plugged into the matrix.

markm
08-01-14, 13:27
Would odd be like Obama being elected twice?

That was retarded with a dash of voter fraud, not odd. ;)

HKGuns
08-01-14, 13:29

Sounds like you wanna hit that! :)

ewwww, sorry, that's just gross.

markm
08-01-14, 14:08
Sounds like you wanna hit that! :)

ewwww, sorry, that's just gross.

She was regular old nasty when Bill first got elected. NOW??? She is friggin REPULSIVE.

Eurodriver
08-01-14, 14:21
I dunno man, I'll be honest...I wouldved tapped that 1970s (post hippy) Hillary Clinton ass.

http://clclt.com/binary/6e9e/1367424237-tumblr_m9wrtbajpg1qd3i5fo3_500.jpg

markm
08-01-14, 14:23
She's not too hideous in that pic. But when you know the personality and the current condition of that face??? Can't do it.

skijunkie55
08-01-14, 14:33
I dunno man, I'll be honest...I wouldved tapped that 1970s (post hippy) Hillary Clinton ass.

http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/italian-speaking-mode-on.jpg

Eurodriver
08-01-14, 15:12
Anyone know if getting a C8 is worth doing if I already have a 16" SOCOM profile upper?

Are you Canadian?

If not, no.

wildcard600
08-01-14, 15:25
Another panic is years off....

snip....

That's my take, Mama.

i hope you are right. personally i feel like we have until late next year when the 2016 ferver starts to spin up for the democrat candidates.

that is barring some other insane shooting or other scenario.

kirkland
08-01-14, 16:05
Well... After an extremely shitty day at work today I got home to see a box from bcm sitting on my porch, opened it up and there's a nice new lightweight 16" middy upper in there, complete with the free bcg and comp mod 0, Sweeeet! Along with some extra goodies, like a hat, some slip 2000 ewl, some posters. I installed the magpul handguards that I ordered with the upper and was pleasantly suprised to find that they held very tight with no play. Nice! I'm taking this thing out shooting tomorrow along with my colt, I need to blow off some steam.

Tigereye
08-01-14, 18:05

I would need a lot of tequila!

Tigereye
08-01-14, 18:09
I resisted the BCM offers for as long as I could. Ordered a BCM 16" ELW with KMR, mod 4 CH, and key mod stubby grip. Can't wait for brown to get here.

sevenhelmet
08-01-14, 18:34
Well... After an extremely shitty day at work today I got home to see a box from bcm sitting on my porch, opened it up and there's a nice new lightweight 16" middy upper in there, complete with the free bcg and comp mod 0, Sweeeet! Along with some extra goodies, like a hat, some slip 2000 ewl, some posters. I installed the magpul handguards that I ordered with the upper and was pleasantly suprised to find that they held very tight with no play. Nice! I'm taking this thing out shooting tomorrow along with my colt, I need to blow off some steam.

I, too, had a box from BCM on my doorstep this evening when I got home, with the finest BCG I have ever owned inside, purchased on sale at the beginning of the week for $169. That made my day!

DWood
08-01-14, 19:01
I, too, had a box from BCM on my doorstep this evening when I got home, with the finest BCG I have ever owned inside, purchased on sale at the beginning of the week for $169. That made my day!

That is the sale I am waiting for. Buy a BCG and get a free upper.:cool:

HighDesert
08-02-14, 00:46
MO Wow went to check BCMs website tonight and wasn't expecting so much to be sold out! They are really ****ing smart businessmen.

Wonder of they'll pull this deal when soon - I can't imagine them being more cleared out of the standard upper offerings than they already are...

I'm glad I got my brown today - and holy shit have I missed that BCM smell :)

Looking forward to seeing how the BCM comp drives.

I 100% did not need this upper, but had a spare spikes complete lower laying around and all the other parts so I figured why not...

My 2 other ARs are lightweight profiles (another 16" Middie and an 11.5") - its kind of odd going back to a medium barrel! I can notice the slight difference.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/02/vahy3y9a.jpg

SiGfever
08-02-14, 08:57
MO Wow went to check BCMs website tonight and wasn't expecting so much to be sold out! They are really ****ing smart businessmen.

Wonder of they'll pull this deal when soon - I can't imagine them being more cleared out of the standard upper offerings than they already are...

I'm glad I got my brown today - and holy shit have I missed that BCM smell :)

Looking forward to seeing how the BCM comp drives.

I 100% did not need this upper, but had a spare spikes complete lower laying around and all the other parts so I figured why not...

My 2 other ARs are lightweight profiles (another 16" Middie and an 11.5") - its kind of odd going back to a medium barrel! I can notice the slight difference.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/02/vahy3y9a.jpg
G96, that and Hoppe's #9 are the two colognes every man should own. :D

And guys, you do know if you hit the Hildabeast you would get a "HTD".

E_Johnson
08-02-14, 10:17
Something that hasn't been mentioned regarding BCM's business decisions... I think they are actually trying to burn through their inventory of hats, stickers, and posters.

HighDesert
08-02-14, 10:22
Something that hasn't been mentioned regarding BCM's business decisions... I think they are actually trying to burn through their inventory of hats, stickers, and posters.

Haven't ordered a BCM upper since Spring of 2013 - I was surprised that I got the exact same hat design that I did then.

I've ordered maybe 5 other BCM uppers over the past 3 years and it would always be a different hat - I guess they do have a crap ton of these.

G96, that and Hoppe's #9 are the two colognes every man should own. :D

And guys, you do know if you hit the Hildabeast you would get a "HTD".

Is it creepy that I keep sniffing my barrel? :)

PA PATRIOT
08-02-14, 10:52
While I hate PSA Armory with a passion they are running a decent sale on a Colt AR-15A4 Lightweight LE Carbine, 5.56 NATO, 16" Pencil Barrel AR6720 for $799.99

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/17847/s/colt-ar-15-5-56nato-16-carbine-pencil-barrel/

rojocorsa
08-02-14, 14:25
Damn it I wish I hadnt seen this thread.

This will most likely result in my 2nd BCM purchase this year. Sigh.

(I did sell the blem with the nice La Rue rails to a buddy at cost to pass on the savings along with a brand new BCG I bought off the EE here).

Ready.Fire.Aim
08-02-14, 14:33
Sold out temporarily. I was going to buy another one to set back as a grandkid gift.

While I hate PSA Armory with a passion they are running a decent sale on a Colt AR-15A4 Lightweight LE Carbine, 5.56 NATO, 16" Pencil Barrel AR6720 for $799.99

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/17847/s/colt-ar-15-5-56nato-16-carbine-pencil-barrel/

ScottsBad
08-02-14, 14:41

Never under-estimate the stupidity of the American public. Hillary could be (edit) elected.

Anyway, I bought all the stuff I needed before the last Obama election, started about a year in advance. I had a pretty good idea that there would be some increased buying after the Obummer election with or without Sandy Hook. As prices have come down I'm shopping again.

Now might be a good time to buy a couple complete uppers to keep as unfired. Then wait for the next panic.

Eurodriver
08-02-14, 14:55
Now might be a good time to buy a couple complete uppers to keep as unfired. Then wait for the next panic.

Yep. Mags and uppers can't get you nailed for selling firearms without an FFL, either.

sevenhelmet
08-02-14, 15:32
Yep. Mags and uppers can't get you nailed for selling firearms without an FFL, either.

Not yet anyway...

Uni-Vibe
08-02-14, 16:50
A couple of months after the '08 election, I was in a gun store and saw C-Products aftermarket 30 round mags change hands for $39 plus tax. C-Prod was a second-tier mag that I'd use for range work but never depend on. But they were selling for major $$$ during the Panic.

ScatmanCrothers
08-02-14, 16:50
Never under-estimate the stupidity of the American public. Hillary could be (edit) elected.

Recreating what happened between late '12 up until just a few short months ago is going to be very hard to re-create any time soon without an actual impending threat as opposed to rumor and speculation. And even with an actual impending doom all the buyers from the past scare will just keep their overloaded stash instead of selling it for profit as planned. Most of the potential serious buyers have what they wanted to get already and are sitting on it. There will be new buyers but the record setting number of hoarders aren't going to be without again for the next scare coming in most likely less than 2 years, which is clearly not long enough to create a new generation of "I don't want to miss out"'s.

Besides, who's spending money on AR's anymore? 41P is about to take away all our cans and SBR's so if you aren't emptying your savings to fill your closets with those you are SO 2013 :rolleyes:

Eurodriver
08-02-14, 17:35
Recreating what happened between late '12 up until just a few short months ago is going to be very hard to re-create any time soon without an actual impending threat as opposed to rumor and speculation. And even with an actual impending doom all the buyers from the past scare will just keep their overloaded stash instead of selling it for profit as planned. Most of the potential serious buyers have what they wanted to get already and are sitting on it. There will be new buyers but the record setting number of hoarders aren't going to be without again for the next scare coming in most likely less than 2 years, which is clearly not long enough to create a new generation of "I don't want to miss out"'s.

Besides, who's spending money on AR's anymore? 41P is about to take away all our cans and SBR's so if you aren't emptying your savings to fill your closets with those you are SO 2013 :rolleyes:

Heard the exact same NFA rumors and exact same panic rumors after the 08 election.

richiecotite
08-02-14, 17:47

Ordered one this morning, seems like it went through. 799.99, no tax, no shipping costs. I've never seen that model that cheap.

Of course I saw that after I finally decided to buy a bcm upper.

Upper will be for sale shortly.

Zim
08-02-14, 17:57
Isn't the 41p rule change more of a when, than an if, at this point?

Eurodriver
08-02-14, 18:04
Isn't the 41p rule change more of a when, than an if, at this point?

I'm sure eventually, 41p will be implemented. Whether that's in January when the final decision is supposed to be (They've already extended it once), or in ten years, who knows. I'm sure it's making AAC, Surefire, and others lots of money right now though.

DWood
08-02-14, 18:20
I'm sure eventually, 41p will be implemented. Whether that's in January when the final decision is supposed to be (They've already extended it once), or in ten years, who knows. I'm sure it's making AAC, Surefire, and others lots of money right now though.

Yes it is.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/12/firearmconcierge/the-business-of-atf-41p/