PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6920

mrosamilia
06-11-08, 12:23
Hey fellas I'm new so I hope I am asking this in the right forum. I currently have a M&P-15T and like the gun very much, however after looking at some of the features that were presented in the posted charts I'm not sure if it is what I am looking for. I am not in LE and will be using the gun for HD and Camp defense.

I am one of those guys who wants to own the best of the best if I can and would like to be pointed in the right direction. I also see that the Noveske brand seems to be held in high reguard as well. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. P.S. Can a civilian purchase Colt's any longer?

Thanks in advance
MR:confused:

Warrior
06-11-08, 12:25
Colt
Noveske
LMT

While your M&P is a fine gun I consider the three listed above as the finest out of the box carbines made. They are all GTG.

AMMOTECH
06-11-08, 13:17
Your AR is fine for your intended use.
Learn it, Shoot it, enjoy it.... clean, inspect, and replace worn parts as needed.

There are hundreds if not thousands of police officers around the country that are issued and use S&W, Bushmaster and RRA AR's with good results.

To answer your question: Yes you can buy a Colt .

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=102071730

Dave L.
06-11-08, 13:26
Colt 6920 brother- you wont be disappointed(I have 2).

austinN4
06-11-08, 13:33
I currently have a M&P-15T and like the gun very much, however after looking at some of the features that were presented in the posted charts I'm not sure if it is what I am looking for.
Since your 15T is no good, I will take it off your hands for $500. :D

Alaskapopo
06-11-08, 14:01
Your AR is fine for your intended use.
Learn it, Shoot it, enjoy it.... clean, inspect, and replace worn parts as needed.

There are hundreds if not thousands of police officers around the country that are issued and use S&W, Bushmaster and RRA AR's with good results.

To answer your question: Yes you can buy a Colt .

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=102071730

Leo's are not the best test of rather a gun is good or not. My department issues DPMS guns. I have had to go over them and replace parts to get them to run right. They have had issues. But my point being the average officer only shoots at qualification time which is once a year to 4 times a year depending on the agency. That is not a lot of ammo. So I would not assume a rifle is good just because an leo agency issues that gun. DPMS guns are crap but a lot of agencies issue them because they are cheap. I carry my personally owned Colt 6920 at a patrol rifle.
Pat

AMMOTECH
06-11-08, 14:22
Leo's are not the best test of rather a gun is good or not. My department issues DPMS guns. I have had to go over them and replace parts to get them to run right. They have had issues. But my point being the average officer only shoots at qualification time which is once a year to 4 times a year depending on the agency. That is not a lot of ammo. So I would not assume a rifle is good just because an leo agency issues that gun. DPMS guns are crap but a lot of agencies issue them because they are cheap. I carry my personally owned Colt 6920 at a patrol rifle.
Pat

Thanks for the feedback. :)
Most AR owners don't shoot a lot of ammo each year either and most of that is at the range. The point I was tring to make was that If LEO's must carry an issue item on the street's then I would not be concerned with the differance between an S&W, ect.. and a Colt for range/hunting/home defense use.
I'm glad that I did not put DPMS in my post...:eek: I'm glad that you have the option to carry your own carbine. I'm sure a lot of LEO's don't get that option.

Now with the current political winds going the way they are I would buy a 6920 today if I had the funds to do so. it maybe the last chance to ever get one and could also be a good investment. My BM would still be my go to weapon.

I'll still stick by my statement that most of us non-LEO/Contractor type people will be well served by a basic Stag, S&W, BM or RRA. Just keep it inspected, lubed and replace parts as needed.

Alaskapopo
06-11-08, 14:40
Thanks for the feedback. :)
Most AR owners don't shoot a lot of ammo each year either and most of that is at the range. The point I was tring to make was that If LEO's must carry an issue item on the street's then I would not be concerned with the differance between an S&W, ect.. and a Colt for range/hunting/home defense use.
I'm glad that I did not put DPMS in my post...:eek: I'm glad that you have the option to carry your own carbine. I'm sure a lot of LEO's don't get that option.

Now with the current political winds going the way they are I would buy a 6920 today if I had the funds to do so. it maybe the last chance to ever get one and could also be a good investment. My BM would still be my go to weapon.

I'll still stick by my statement that most of us non-LEO/Contractor type people will be well served by a basic Stag, S&W, BM or RRA. Just keep it inspected, lubed and replace parts as needed.

I can't speak for other regions of the country but here in Alaska most agencies allow their officers to carry a personal carbine that meets certain specifications.
I have owned Oly, BM, Colt, Noveseke, Armalite and only the Colt and the Noveseke do I trust out of that list. But to each his own.
Pat

mrosamilia
06-11-08, 14:42
Thanks for all the replies guys!! I still would like to know is it possible to buy a NIB 6920?

AMMOTECH
06-11-08, 14:46
A good friend of mine is a Deputy Sheriff in Georgia (Atlanta area) and they are issued 6920's. They got a buch of cash from several large drug bust and used it to purchase the weapons.
Before they got those for each road Deputy only the SRT and K-9 guy's had AR's.

AMMOTECH
06-11-08, 14:47
Thanks for all the replies guys!! I still would like to know is it possible to buy a NIB 6920?

YES!

Click the link: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=6920
or:
http://www.impactguns.com/store/COLT-LE6920BF.html

Or:
call a local shop and see what they have or if they will do transfers.

Warrior
06-11-08, 14:50

Yes civilians can get NIB 6920's>;)

5pins
06-11-08, 15:11
I think you should keep your M&P and just upgrade parts to fit the chart better. According to the chart I think your M&P looks pretty good.

hellbound
06-11-08, 15:16
according to the creator of the chart, you should read the other thread about the "meaning" of the chart before getting rid of a perfectly fine S&W MP15T

mrosamilia
06-11-08, 15:17
Thanks Ammotech I think that I may be able to put something together at G&R:D

mrosamilia
06-11-08, 15:19
according to the creator of the chart, you should read the other thread about the "meaning" of the chart before getting rid of a perfectly fine S&W MP15T

I won't get rid of one Hellbound I'll just add another if my wife doesn't check C-Card balances:D

LIL-COMMANDO
06-11-08, 17:02
Colt 6920 or LMT

Colt only one to be battle proven.:D

Jay Cunningham
06-11-08, 17:05
Colt 6920 or LMT

Colt only one to be battle proven.:D

You sure about that?

Alaskapopo
06-11-08, 17:07
You sure about that?
You are right LMT made guns for the SEALS for a while and I am pretty sure they saw some action and may still be.
Pat

GONIF
06-11-08, 17:10
The 6920 is IMHO worth every penny and if you want one get it B4 the no good dirty rotten liberal gun grabbing Dems get in . It's money in the bank ,the price will only go up .:D

ThirdWatcher
06-11-08, 20:06
If it ain't broken, don't fix it.:)

Robb Jensen
06-11-08, 20:19
If it ain't broken, don't fix it.:)

Or you haven't run it hard enough just yet! ;)

tinman44
06-11-08, 22:42
lets not derail this any more folks, he's not asking which ones better he was asking opinions on noveske and if he can get a colt. i'm really tired of seeing all "what gun should i get" threads turning into this crap, this is not TOS and its getting out of contol imo. way i see it, he wants either a noveske or a colt, dont chime in about anything else as he didnt ask for anything else. there are literally hundreds of threads on this drivel already all over the net.

LIL-COMMANDO
06-12-08, 00:05
You sure about that?

Im not saying the 6920 is what is used in the military but only Colt makes M4's for the military. So why not get a rifle from a manufacture who has been in the business for a long time and must be doing something right.

Colt's also have better resale value then most others.

Glorybigs
06-12-08, 00:37
Im not saying the 6920 is what is used in the military but only Colt makes M4's for the military. So why not get a rifle from a manufacture who has been in the business for a long time and must be doing something right.

Curious, do current 6920's come from the factory with SOPMOD extractor upgrades?

Alaskapopo
06-12-08, 03:16

Colt makes a great rifle and I love mine but LMT and Noveske make great products as well. Can't we all get along.
pat

variablebinary
06-12-08, 05:14
Colt makes great stuff, without question. Anyone that says otherwise shouldnt be taken seriously

The cost is prohibitive in the past year. If you can swallow the price, buy away. If not, LMT is a great option.

AR15's have gotten so expensive, I have taken up building, personally.

OldNavyGuy
06-12-08, 09:25
Colt 6920 brother- you wont be disappointed(I have 2).

only 2 ?? :D :D

Sandman751
06-12-08, 18:21
My LMT is battle proven. It has never failed me in the sandbox. We get the choice of the Colt M4A1 or H&K 416. I've been giving my LMT one hell of a work out without a hick up.

Warrior
06-12-08, 19:27
My LMT is battle proven. It has never failed me in the sandbox. We get the choice of the Colt M4A1 or H&K 416. I've been giving my LMT one hell of a work out without a hick up.

So you get a choice between the three?:confused:

Sandman751
06-12-08, 21:18
The Colt & H&K are Gov issue. The LMT is personally owned. We have one guy running a Noveske N4. I run a 16 inch barrel, carbine length, with LMT BUIS, LMT SOPMOD stock & Aimpoint M4 RDS. We have great freedom with whatever weapon platform we want to carry.

Warrior
06-12-08, 21:20
The Colt & H&K are Gov issue. The LMT is personally owned. But, LMT is on the approved list. We have one guy running a Noveske N4. I run a 16 inch barrel, carbine length, with LMT BUIS, LMT SOPMOD stock & Aimpoint M4 RDS.

i have that exact same setup on one of LMTs:D . Since you had a choice why the LMT?

LIL-COMMANDO
06-12-08, 23:15
Curious, do current 6920's come from the factory with SOPMOD extractor upgrades?

It does not come with a Sopmod or Extractor upgrades. Mine didnt, it had a basic extractor spring but it was easily replaced with a heavy duty extracor spring I purchased. As for the stock, I use the Magpul CTR.

Sandman751
06-12-08, 23:24
I have trusted my life to Colt for many years and still do. But, I wanted to put the LMT to the test and it has definitely delivered. There's something that many people don't know, although there are many knowledgeable guys in here that probably do. LMT is not a new name to trigger pullers. LMT uppers were selected by US Naval SPECWAR Crane Division years ago when the Teams requested an upgraded CQBR. Obviously, Colt was used for the platform as well. But, LMT stepped up to the plate and delivered an upper that the boys in the Teams were very happy with.

I trust my life to LMT. Being in an obscure unit, I have seen all kind of stuff in the hands of operators. I even have one guy carrying a DSA FAL OAW. I think there's good s_it out there that you can probably trust your life to. Noveske comes to mind as one of those products. It looks like Sabre Defense just landed a military contract for rifles too. There's good stuff coming out lately. Just look at the new Charles Daly M4LE. I haven't shot it yet, but it looks like a pretty squared away rifle and I've been hearing nothing but good things about it. The M4/AR market is getting very competitive.

mrosamilia
06-13-08, 07:12
Hey guys to give everyone an update I have a law enforcement friend who has told me that he has found a new 6920 for $1100.00. The seller purchased and never fired and is in financial woes. I will be trying to hook up with this gentleman this weekend.

Warrior
06-13-08, 10:31
I have trusted my life to Colt for many years and still do. But, I wanted to put the LMT to the test and it has definitely delivered. There's something that many people don't know, although there are many knowledgeable guys in here that probably do. LMT is not a new name to trigger pullers. LMT uppers were selected by US Naval SPECWAR Crane Division years ago when the Teams requested an upgraded CQBR. Obviously, Colt was used for the platform as well. But, LMT stepped up to the plate and delivered an upper that the boys in the Teams were very happy with.

I trust my life to LMT. Being in an obscure unit, I have seen all kind of stuff in the hands of operators. I even have one guy carrying a DSA FAL OAW. I think there's good s_it out there that you can probably trust your life to. Noveske comes to mind as one of those products. It looks like Sabre Defense just landed a military contract for rifles too. There's good stuff coming out lately. Just look at the new Charles Daly M4LE. I haven't shot it yet, but it looks like a pretty squared away rifle and I've been hearing nothing but good things about it. The M4/AR market is getting very competitive.

I remember when LMT stepped up with MK18. I've been saying how great they are since before most knew about them. If I were going back today and had an LMT I would feel good about it, as well as a Noveske. However if I had a choice I would take the 416. If i had absolute choice I would put the HK upper on an M4 lower and call it a day.

Fringe
06-13-08, 11:11
Sandman,
How is your teammate's Noveske N4 holding up?

Sandman751
06-13-08, 12:18
Like a charm! He swears by it! As a matter of fact, he says he likes it better than the Colt. Warrior! I don't know if you know this, but the 416 has been having some problems and those H&K mags really suck, I use P Mags!

I speak for myself and other professionals in my line of work when I say that I'm not ready to trust my life to the gas piston system yet. I've actually heard better feedback regarding the LWRC rifles than the 416. The current M4 platforms with direct impingement will run just fine as long as the rifle is run "wet". Just to prove the point to a buddy of mine that's a SWAT operator back home, I ran my LMT through a 2000 rd carbine course without cleaning and kept it running with Mobil 1 Synthetic oil.

I know at least 3 guys in the community that use Mobil 1 Synthetic oil as well and swear by it. They say the stuff is great at preventing the carbon build up, especially in the rings.

Sandman751
06-13-08, 12:24
mrosamilia! You better jump all over that. A 6920 for $1100 is a gift right now from what I've been hearing.

j-easy
06-13-08, 12:39
yeah i would jump on that, ive looked everywhere and the cheapest i have found is like 1350 or 1400

Warrior
06-13-08, 15:46
Like a charm! He swears by it! As a matter of fact, he says he likes it better than the Colt. Warrior! I don't know if you know this, but the 416 has been having some problems and those H&K mags really suck, I use P Mags!

I speak for myself and other professionals in my line of work when I say that I'm not ready to trust my life to the gas piston system yet. I've actually heard better feedback regarding the LWRC rifles than the 416. The current M4 platforms with direct impingement will run just fine as long as the rifle is run "wet". Just to prove the point to a buddy of mine that's a SWAT operator back home, I ran my LMT through a 2000 rd carbine course without cleaning and kept it running with Mobil 1 Synthetic oil.

I know at least 3 guys in the community that use Mobil 1 Synthetic oil as well and swear by it. They say the stuff is great at preventing the carbon build up, especially in the rings.

I completely agree with the current M4 platform running great, I run them still. I keep them wet. I never had problems with the 416 other than the lower not working with Pmags, thats why I'd put it on a M4 lower. The 416 I just bought as a Civi works great so far though I've only had 1700 through it and i don't have an oh shit switch anymore(not that I actually miss it much). The HK mags are a POS IMO as well, I've been running nothing but PMAGS for about a year now and very satisfied. Mobile1 is great, alot better than some of the wonder lubes out there.

Face_N_The_Crowd
06-13-08, 16:32
Being in an obscure unit, I have seen all kind of stuff in the hands of operators. I even have one guy carrying a DSA FAL OAW. .

Semi or auto?

That'd rock a room....... I can only ass_u_me that if he's using it, it runs - right?

thatguy950
06-13-08, 16:57
Hey guys to give everyone an update I have a law enforcement friend who has told me that he has found a new 6920 for $1100.00. The seller purchased and never fired and is in financial woes. I will be trying to hook up with this gentleman this weekend.

That is a great deal, if you can't buy it please put me in contact with the seller!!! :cool:

mrosamilia
06-13-08, 17:23
I'll know tommorrow if it's available.... Sure hope so!!!!

thatguy950
06-13-08, 19:43
I'll know tommorrow if it's available.... Sure hope so!!!!

Yea sounds like a good deal. The 6920 is worth every penny, I love mine.

Sandman751
06-13-08, 22:25
His DSA Fal is an auto. I've seen him rock it in FA to provide cover for movement and the thing gives me a hard on. He deploys it mostly in semi mode. He runs it with an Eotech and para folding stock. Brother that thing is .308. I own a DSA Fal with 16 inch barrel. I'm dying to get the OAW though.

Glorybigs
06-14-08, 01:10
It does not come with a Sopmod or Extractor upgrades. Mine didnt, it had a basic extractor spring but it was easily replaced with a heavy duty extracor spring I purchased. As for the stock, I use the Magpul CTR.

Thanks - LC

For those of you who do not know, LMT's come from the factory with the full SOPMOD upgrade.

kfrank
06-14-08, 01:32
You sure about that?
NOT!!!

4CHN8
06-14-08, 12:21
If you watch you can find good prices on the 6920. There was someone selling them for a July-August delivery for $1259 shipped on TFL. Just watch and you can find one if you want.

mrosamilia
06-14-08, 17:48
Hey guys I have 1 more question. Please don't take this the wrong way but I have only seen 1 Colt in the past. I am picking up my new 6920 tomorrow and I didn't even ask if it was a flat top or had a carry handle. If this gun has a carry handle is it removable?

Alaskapopo
06-14-08, 17:56
The 6920 has a removable carry handle and is a flat top.
Pat

mrosamilia
06-14-08, 18:14
The 6920 has a removable carry handle and is a flat top.
Pat

Thanks I appreciate it:)

Face_N_The_Crowd
06-14-08, 18:35
His DSA Fal is an auto. I've seen him rock it in FA to provide cover for movement and the thing gives me a hard on. He deploys it mostly in semi mode. He runs it with an Eotech and para folding stock. Brother that thing is .308. I own a DSA Fal with 16 inch barrel. I'm dying to get the OAW though.

Awesome. I'd love one of those too.