PDA

View Full Version : It's November 9th 2016

tb-av
07-26-14, 09:34
Did you vote for Rand Paul?

I'm really just curious if the opposition party or parties will have any unity in November of 2016 or if we will likely have another four to eight years of control by the people handling Obama.

ColtSeavers
07-26-14, 09:47
I would vote, but honestly cannot until I see who is actually on the ballot. My state does have 'none of the above' option and I may end up using it again.

Grand58742
07-26-14, 10:04
The only problem I see is if the GOP establishment wants someone else like Jeb Bush. I like Rand and would vote for him in a heartbeat, but he rocks the boat a lot within the GOP party and I could see them going against him.

Voodoo_Man
07-26-14, 10:23
At this point as long as its someone on the right ive vote for them. I am not going to throw ny vote away on no one and especially not some liberal.

Even if I dont agree with their whole stance, having someone from the right is better than not.

ColtSeavers
07-26-14, 10:38
At this point as long as its someone on the right ive vote for them. I am not going to throw ny vote away on no one and especially not some liberal.

Even if I dont agree with their whole stance, having someone from the right is better than not.

I find this mentality hilarious. The only way to throw away your vote is to not vote. Vote for whomever you wish, for whatever reasons you have, but do not delude yourself or others into thinking that voting for none of the above is throwing your vote away.

montanadave
07-26-14, 10:50
The only way to throw away your vote is to not vote. Vote for whomever you wish, for whatever reasons you have, but do not delude yourself or others into thinking that voting for none of the above is throwing your vote away.

An alternative point of view, which (after eight presidential elections) I am beginning to embrace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIraCchPDhk

BoringGuy45
07-26-14, 11:07
The problem is that our system is so incredibly broken because both parties have two different types of candidates they want to see in the White House, and both are 180 degrees opposite from either the right moves or the right intentions. The GOP look at the presidency as succession; they nominate based on who's "turn" it is. Bush had his turn in 2000, in 2008, it was McCain's turn, last time it was Romney, and this time, it'll probably be Jeb Bush or Newt Gingrich. The Democrats only want people who are going to make historical landmarks so they can pat themselves on the back for being progressive. They want the first black president, the first woman president, the first openly gay president, etc. They don't care for Hillary, but they want her to win so that they can make history with the first female president. They'd vote for Queen Jezebel or Ilse Koch if it meant getting them getting to claim the first woman president honor.

I'll gladly and eagerly vote for Rand Paul or Ted Cruz, but unless David Clarke is running on the Dem ticket in two years, I'll be voting GOP no matter what, even if it's just voting against the Democrats.

Voodoo_Man
07-26-14, 11:12
I find this mentality hilarious. The only way to throw away your vote is to not vote. Vote for whomever you wish, for whatever reasons you have, but do not delude yourself or others into thinking that voting for none of the above is throwing your vote away.

That is your opinion which is great.

However it wont get our representative in office and has gotten theres in.

ABNAK
07-26-14, 11:56

Except Christy. I draw the line there. I will NEVER vote for that lard-ass and I don't care who wins as a result. Soooo, Republican primary voters, choose very carefully in the booth. If you don't vote your conscience and instead vote for some fvcked-up, loser mentality of "electability" you will reap what you sow and the next 4-8 years of Dem control will rest squarely on YOUR shoulders. Don't even try to point the finger later and say "You could've held your nose"......done that the last two POTUS election cycles and I'm NOT doing it again.

ABNAK
07-26-14, 12:01
That is your opinion which is great.

However it wont get our representative in office and has gotten theres in.

Wrong. What has gotten theirs in are sorry-ass, spineless Republican primary voters. "Gee, I really like what XXX stands for but YYY is more likely to be elected". Wishy-washy horseshit that is! Vote for XXX because you believe in what he stands for, not YYY because their "electable" (God, I despise that word). It should be painfully apparent where that has gotten us in '08 and '12. Guess McCain and Romney weren't so "electable" after all, especially when their base (!) doesn't want them.

ABNAK
07-26-14, 12:07

I'm really just curious if the opposition party or parties will have any unity in November of 2016 or if we will likely have another four to eight years of control by the people handling Obama.

To be quite frank, while I would vote for Rand Paul, he has begun to stray off the reservation on issues like illegal immigration and pandering to blacks (remember that?). No problem courting a new constituency but pandering is bullshit.

Cruz is my guy, or some palatable alternative to him.

Irish
07-26-14, 12:09
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t1.0-9/300723_466681240069662_729245030_n.jpg

Mauser KAR98K
07-26-14, 12:12
I would like to see Paul as VPOTUS. I'm not a big fan of some of his foreign policy ides (too close to his dad's, but Rand isn't blaming Israel). I would go for Cruz or West.

Would stay home for Chrisite and maybe even Jeb because of his stance on illegal immigration.

Voodoo_Man
07-26-14, 12:17
Electability isnt something that should be considered when voting.

I would always suggest voting for a republican over a democrat, even if you disagree with some of their choices.

Mauser KAR98K
07-26-14, 12:44

I would always suggest voting for a republican over a democrat, even if you disagree with some of their choices.

Yeah, I know. Why I'd stay home for Christie.

austinN4
07-26-14, 12:53
Cart before the horse! He has to win the primary first and your assumption that he will is a big one. I will get behind whomever wins the primary, even if I have to hold my nose to do so in order to get the WH out of demonic control.

ABNAK
07-26-14, 13:06

Unfortunately, you know that it is. The last presidential election is a good example. I RARELY heard ANYONE say they were for Romney during the primaries. Yet he won the nomination. Of course all this was under the shadow of the MSM telling Republicans who *should* be nominated as he stood the "best chance against Obama". Clever little ploy, and it apparently worked. For the handful of voices I ever heard supportive of Romney he sure won the nomination, which tells me "electability" was EXACTLY what was on the minds of Republican primary voters (at least enough for him to be nominated). This has to be eradicated from primary voters' thought processes (or lack thereof). I no longer feel compelled to vote for their poorly thought-out choices just because ZZZ might be elected otherwise. Maybe THEY should have thought about that in the primary booth and voted their conscience.

austinN4
07-26-14, 13:14
I no longer feel compelled to vote for their poorly thought-out choices just because ZZZ might be elected otherwise.
It is thinking like this that is at least partly responsible for BHO getting a second term. By that I mean the people that could not bring themselves to vote for Romney and either cast a protest vote, or simply refused to vote at all.

And I was for Romney all the way and feel confident that history has shown he would have been a much better president than BHO. Heck, alsmost anybody could.

ABNAK
07-26-14, 13:18
It is thinking like this that is at least partly responsible for BHO getting a second term. By that I mean the people that could not bring themselves to vote for Romney and either cast a protest vote, or simply refused to vote at all.

And I was for Romney all the way and feel confident that history has shown he would have been a much better president than BHO. Heck, alsmost anybody could.

No, it is thinking like THAT which accounted for Obama's second term. You were in a minority in the Republican Party, trust me. See my previous post. The MSM made primary voters into friggin' morons who voted for "electability" (coupled with VERY few Romney true-believers like yourself) then attempted to shame the rest of us in the general election. It worked on me last time but will NOT ever again.

Oh, I'm far from alone in my view about this. There were a huge number of those who, like myself, held their nose but refuse to do so anymore if the Republicans can't nominate someone worth a damn. In fact, it's more than enough to ruin the election chances of a RINO if that's what primary voters put forth. Oh well, choose carefully.......

Grand58742
07-26-14, 13:23
No, it is thinking like THAT which accounted for Obama's second term. You were in a minority in the Republican Party, trust me. See my previous post.

No, it was the media and DNC going all out in an effort to destroy Romney or any other GOP contender that got Obama his second term.

For all that he might not be, Romney is a good man overall. And I've never seen anyone get pummeled like he did. All he needed to do was sprout horns and everything would have been complete in their world.

And yes, he would have been a far better President than Obama.

ABNAK
07-26-14, 13:36
No, it was the media and DNC going all out in an effort to destroy Romney or any other GOP contender that got Obama his second term.

For all that he might not be, Romney is a good man overall. And I've never seen anyone get pummeled like he did. All he needed to do was sprout horns and everything would have been complete in their world.

And yes, he would have been a far better President than Obama.

My dog would have been a better POTUS than Obama. And the MSM beating on and demonizing a Republican candidate is nothing new so you should be quite used to it.

Never said Romney wasn't a "good man". Carter was a "good man" but sucked as POTUS.

All I'm saying is that there are ample candidates out there to actually vote for instead of holding your nose and voting against the Democrat. Someone in the mold of Cruz/Paul/Lee? Walker begins to stray into RINO territory and Bush/Christie are firmly in that camp.

Caeser25
07-26-14, 13:44
The other primary problem is they aren't all held on the same night. The first few states decide the primary. To start out in Iowa, you HAVE to pander and support the farm subsidies.

ABNAK
07-26-14, 13:49
The other primary problem is they aren't all held on the same night. The first few states decide the primary. To start out in Iowa, you HAVE to pander and support the farm subsidies.

I said after the 2008 election that the primary system needs to be revamped to all on one night and let the chips fall where they may. That of course would be a massive no-go to the Republican Establishment who would lose the opportunity to carefully manipulate and cull the candidates.

No.6
07-26-14, 13:56
I have to agree with the all on one night primary scheme. By the time the primary "season" makes it's way to Texas it's usually already a "done deal".
Besides when are we going to learn that we MUST vote for whomever the New York Times thinks will be the best candidate to run against the Democrat nominee? (Yeah, read between the lines and you'll understand what I'm saying.)

ABNAK
07-26-14, 13:59
I have to agree with the all on one night primary scheme. By the time the primary "season" makes it's way to Texas it's usually already a "done deal".
Besides when are we going to learn that we MUST vote for whomever the New York Times thinks will be the best candidate to run against the Democrat nominee? (Yeah, read between the lines and you'll understand what I'm saying.)

Same with Tennessee. We're not speshul and "enlightened" enough to make those big early primary decisions.......:rolleyes:

ColtSeavers
07-26-14, 16:25
An alternative point of view, which (after eight presidential elections) I am beginning to embrace:

I always liked this as well

http://youtu.be/3LPdTXRjIKQ

austinN4
07-26-14, 18:23
I always liked this as well (Vote None of the Above!)
A strategy guaranteed to put another demoncrat in the WH.

ColtSeavers
07-26-14, 21:07
A strategy guaranteed to put another demoncrat in the WH.

LMAO! You just keep telling yourself that....

I love the hypocrisy of voting for someone you do not want to simply because of party affiliation. The party system has doomed this country.

morbidbattlecry
07-26-14, 22:00
Not voting. But what i am doing is buying a bunch of Wasrs and Cheap Ar15s to resale to retards panic buying. Well i may vote, but selling cheap guns at 300% mark up is first on my list.

SteyrAUG
07-26-14, 22:20
Depends who is running. But if Rand gets the GOP nomination then absolutely.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-26-14, 23:51

Rand Paul would be my top choice.

But, I like having Montanadave around for a good balance in our M4C society.

Belmont31R
07-27-14, 01:47
I would absolutely vote for Rand. Won't vote for a RINO. The GOP has the primaries setup so you have to be a big govt guy. Texas carries the most electoral votes the GOP gets yet by the time the primary season gets here it's all but decided or there's two candidates the liberal or pork states already chose. In 2008 we got to pick either Romney or McCain. In 2012 we got to pick Romney.

SteyrAUG
07-27-14, 02:28

While I don't agree with everything he says, every now and then he knocks one out of the park.

The last time I voted FOR somebody was Reagan. It was the only time in my life I felt positive about the person I was voting for and even then we knew Reagan was hardly perfect.

Ever since then I've just been voting for "the block" in a frequently futile attempt to find the lesser retard.

tb-av
04-07-15, 13:47
BUMP...

and now, nearly a year later, his hat is in the ring. Feel any different as the GOP develops their line?

RCI1911
04-07-15, 14:04
BUMP...

and now, nearly a year later, his hat is in the ring. Feel any different as the GOP develops their line?

Nope, I still plan on voting for him as of now but of course I'm going to listen to the debates as well before making a final decision. With Paul and Cruz in the race it is good to be a conservative. I'd like to hear more from Scott Walker as well. Those three should hopefully give us some options that we aren't ashamed of.

Voodoo_Man
04-07-15, 14:18
The fact Lindsey and his gang are attacking rand speaks volumes.

I dont agrew with everything rand says or sides with but he's young and bold enough to turn shit around.

brickboy240
04-07-15, 14:23
Rand is not a favorite of the RNC establishment. He will not be the candidate.

Would I vote for him? Sure....IF he was the candidate.

But between Jeb and Hillary...where ARE the real differences?

Both like Common Core.

Both are squishy on illegal immigration.

Both are secretive and don't mind the govt. spying on everyone.

Both come from established DC insider families that value the system first and are into various forms of cronyism.

So what is the difference?

Oh...Jeb likes guns and Jesus!

maybe that will be it,eh? Think ol' Jeb will do a tv commercial where he stands there next to a flag and veterans with a gun and Bible and says, "vote for me...I am just like you."

Are you all going to fall for that garbage again?

Remember what the definition of insanity is...don't you?