PDA

View Full Version : FNX Series

williejc
07-26-14, 14:32
When FN introduced the FNP a few years ago, I owned two--a 9mm and 40 S&W. Both had design error magazine issues. The 40 S&W broke a front rail, and the 9 developed a glitch in the module containing the sear mechanism. FN fixed both pistols, although the mag issues remained. Also I had an FNP .45 that had the same type mag issues. At that time, FN required that any defective FNP handgun be returned to them for repair. No parts were available.

That's all changed. FN's FNX pistols are refined versions free of the previous issues. Parts including complete slides and barrels are available from MGW(Midwest Gun Works). MGW is a Browning/FN warranty repair center. Prices for the FNX parts are very reasonable. I bought a new FNX 40 and really like it. After I put a few hundred rounds through it, I'll post more information. I've shot it 150 times to check function and point of impact. So far, so good. FN ships it with three mags. The FNX is bigger than a Glock 19 and won't lend itself to effortless concealed carry. It lacks the elegant simplicity of the Glock, but does show FN quality in its manufacture.

The Dumb Gun Collector
07-26-14, 14:51
I had one of the FNX pistols in 9mm and I thought it was really nice. I ended up giving it to my bro-in-law as a gift but I wouldn't mind having one. Mine was a great pistol at any price.

Alpha-17
07-26-14, 18:32
Recently, I've had two friends buy FNX45s, and they both love them. I'm looking for an FNX45 in FDE myself. I've shot the FNX40 before, and found it to be a good pistol as well. What surprises me is that they are talked about so little, and yet, to me anyways, they seem to be rock solid pistols that have features and a feel that surpasses other polymer pistols. Odd. Guess I'm just an FNH fanboy. :laugh:

dwhitehorne
07-27-14, 12:48
I've got a FNX 9 and 45. For some reason I shoot the 45 better. I really like the factory sights. I only wish the safety lever placement was closer to the HK. The back of the safety lever hits the base of my thumb when ridding the safety. David

HKGuns
07-27-14, 13:29
The one's I've handled seemed to be really well made, but a bit larger than necessary.

cwgibson
07-27-14, 16:08
I was very interested in the .45 when these came out until I heard about the issues that people were having with them. I really hope FN got the bugs worked out of them as I would love to try one out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NCPatrolAR
07-27-14, 16:53
The 9 and 40 hammer guns have a less than stellar track record. I've yet to see one make it through a class without some kind of failure.

Voodoo_Man
07-27-14, 16:58
I had an FN 45 Tactical, awesome gun.

I shot the FNX9 on a few occasions, I enjoyed it, even for a hammer-equipped pistol.

cwgibson
07-27-14, 18:12
The 9 and 40 hammer guns have a less than stellar track record. I've yet to see one make it through a class without some kind of failure.

FNX, FNP, or both?

MSparks909
07-27-14, 23:00

Could you elaborate some? Are we talking parts failure or a malfunction?

cemoulton
07-27-14, 23:11
i've seen a couple with broken safty/decockers (not a quick fix on the .45 variant) but other than that issue i truly enjoy my bosses Ospry equipped fde FNX45.

NCPatrolAR
07-28-14, 06:41
FNX, FNP, or both?

Didn't check to be honest. I only know that they were some variant of the hammer fired FN guns. The striker versions have ran well from what I've seen. Different issues were present in each gun but it's been a while since I've seen a non 45 model come through

cwgibson
07-28-14, 09:47
I wasn't even aware that they had come out with a striker fired line of pistols. I see they have the two piece trigger; which I don't care for. How are the triggers on these?

markm
07-28-14, 10:10
I have the FDE FNX 45. It's a nice pistol. No issues so far. But it is a BIG gun. Wasn't a lot of gun leather for it when I first bought it... I need to check Galco again.

NCPatrolAR
07-28-14, 10:24
I wasn't even aware that they had come out with a striker fired line of pistols. I see they have the two piece trigger; which I don't care for. How are the triggers on these?

The one I shit had a standard striker gun feel to it. Reset was closer to a Glock

Tequila45
07-28-14, 10:40
I've had an fnp45 since 2007. The only problem I've had was from a certain batch of WWB. Now it wasn't all WWB but from certain lot numbers. For some reason these rounds were a hair longer than what the magazine would allow. It has fed every HP round I have fed it. Numerous brands of FMJ's and only one problem from one batch of ammo. I still run WWB on occasion but mainly federal FMJ. it is my nightstand gun and one of my most accurate guns i own.

I mean what's better than 15rnds of .45 for things that go bump in the night?

markm
07-28-14, 10:46
I mean what's better than 15rnds of .45 for things that go bump in the night?

28 rounds of 77 gr OTM.

richiecotite
07-28-14, 10:58
28 rounds of 77 gr OTM.

Boom.

Tequila45
07-28-14, 12:26
28 rounds of 77 gr OTM.

I forgot this is m4c.

Good one.

backcast88
07-28-14, 21:49
I honestly haven't been all that excited about the FNP/FNX pistols. I've shot them but I still prefer my Sig 228 over both.

The FNS on the other hand has tempted me to sell a glock and try one out. We will see how the rest of the year goes. A FNS9 might be a birthday present to myself in December.

OhioFinance
07-29-14, 20:15
Any chance someone has a comparison to a CZ P-07? Have the CZ so its my known quantity. Trying to get a size comparison as well as general trigger characteristics.