PDA

View Full Version : Issue after ".25 glock trigger job"

VeeDubbinJetta91
07-27-14, 22:34
I posted this in the other glock trigger thread but I was told to create a new post so here goes...

Question for you all, the other day I did the ".25 glock trigger job" I watched the video a few times before performing it and then took it slow using q-tips, today I went to the range for the first time and everything was working good, the trigger felt smoother which was nice,I shot about 150 rounds with no issue as I was about ~40 rounds from being done for the day and the trigger got really stiff to the point where I could squeeze it harder than normal and nothing happened then all the sudden it fired, it did this multiple times, I cleared the gun, stripped it down to see if there was anything out of the ordinary. I couldn't see anything wrong so I put it back together and fired off the last 40 rounds without issue, this makes me nervous as it still feels a bit weird while dry firing with snap caps. I'm considering buying a new factory trigger just to put it back to stock, is there anything I could have messed up polishing it? I didn't use a dremel at all. I can get pictures if needed. I appreciate all the info. Thanks

Up1911fan
07-27-14, 22:39
Is your striker channel clean?

VeeDubbinJetta91
07-27-14, 23:11
I'm going to detail strip the gun tomorrow and inspect, then clean everything out as best as possible and hopefully get back to the range this week to try it again. I will definitely give the striker channel a good look. Thanks

kantstudien
07-28-14, 08:04
Did you put grease where the connector meets the trigger bar? Otherwise you will cause galling of the metal there and turn your .25 job into a $25 replacement job.

VeeDubbinJetta91
07-28-14, 09:13
I did not put any grease no. When you say grease im assuming you aren't talking about the typical lube you would use when cleaning the gun?

Kilroy
07-28-14, 10:16
Undo the 'trigger job' to include detailed cleaning and see if it still happens.

tonyxcom
07-28-14, 12:13
Check the trigger spring where it connects to the trigger bar. The loop of the spring should be parallel to the frame. It is possible during reassembly for the spring to twist on the trigger bar and be orientated perpendicular to the frame. This causes the loop of the trigger spring to rub against the trigger housing block.

I had some random "trigger getting tighter" issues, but it always fired. Found above problem after inspection.

Clay
07-28-14, 12:16
The trigger bar/connector junction of a Glock requires lubrication, and is one area that when dry can cause the trigger to lock up tight. I've seen it happen on a few occasions. Grease works great here, and will improve the trigger of a Glock better than anything. I prefer TW-25B.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

VeeDubbinJetta91
07-28-14, 13:23
Thanks for the input guys, I will take a look tonight, I did have the spring apart when I did it, so it is possible I messed that up.

ST911
07-28-14, 13:39
I've had boxes of ruined parts from the so-called .25 trigger job.

If your gun is used for serious purposes, polish the internals through repetitive dry- and live-fire. If you insist on a trigger mod, send it to a competent smith or buy a kit of known reliability.

MiamiCracker
07-28-14, 17:27
Could the Q-tip method screw up the Glock trigger as much as a dremel?

ptmccain
07-28-14, 17:48
FWIW, the best trigger experience you are going to have with a Glock is to buy a Zevtech system and then find a gunsmith who really knows what he is doing it and have him work it over with polishing stones and materials to get a trigger that will amaze you.

VeeDubbinJetta91
07-28-14, 18:30
Thanks for the input, I detail stripped it, cleaned and lubed everything as recommended by glock and so far just from dry firing it feels so much better, I'm gonna put a few hundred rounds through it before putting it back in service but so far things are feeling much better

backcast88
07-28-14, 21:40
Could the Q-tip method screw up the Glock trigger as much as a dremel?

I highly doubt it. I have put a 25 cent trigger job on 3 of my Glocks and 3 for a buddy of mine. I only use q-tips and an old sock. Polishes everything great and all 6 guns have over 10,000 rounds combined through them after the trigger jobs and all are 100% and do not have any the problem the OP is describing.

MiamiCracker
07-29-14, 20:05
I highly doubt it. I have put a 25 cent trigger job on 3 of my Glocks and 3 for a buddy of mine. I only use q-tips and an old sock. Polishes everything great and all 6 guns have over 10,000 rounds combined through them after the trigger jobs and all are 100% and do not have any the problem the OP is describing.

I figured as much, but you always have to err on the side of caution.I did the .25 trigger job on my 2 Glock a couple weeks ago. It cleaned up the trigger group.

pat701
07-30-14, 15:38
Thats why i would never buy a used Glock, to many amateur gunsmiths with dremmel tools in their hands JMHO

Kain
07-30-14, 15:44
Thats why i would never buy a used Glock, to many amateur gunsmiths with dremmel tools in their hands JMHO

I have said it before, dremmel tools need to be licensed. The number of jacked up guns that are out there because of irresponsible dremmel use is sickening. :bad:

Honestly, it is why you have to go over used guns with a fine tooth comb because there are a lot of garage gunsmiths who know 'better,' be it dremmel work or replacement parts, or other things, like missing parts.

Honestly wouldn't buy a used glock because I can generally find new ones for about $50 more than used. Just not worth it to me.

VeeDubbinJetta91
07-30-14, 20:07
As I mentioned in the original post I used q tips and not a dremel so not sure if those comments were directed at me. I do appreciate the info from all of you, took it to the range last night after cleaning and fired ~200 rds and everything was great, I'm 100% sure my issue was due to lack of lube. Everything is back to normal! Thanks again