PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon RX01-14 Reflex Sight vs. other options

Doc Safari
07-28-14, 11:02
Specifically, those of you with a lot of experience with different optics, how does the Trijicon RX01-14 Reflex Sight stack up?

Does it tend to shrug off abuse like an Aimpoint?

Have you experienced issues with reticle washout that weren't solved by the polarization filter?

How bright is the reticle at night with a bright tactical light burning?

Have you had return-to-zero issues with the quick-detach, thumb-nut mount?

Anybody experience windage or elevation issues, like "can't be zeroed very finely" or any other issue?

All in all, how would you rank it compared to other optics (yes, I read an older thread on the subject, but I'm looking for newer input).

Would you choose this optic again, or would you opt for something else? Why?

My interest is in finding the equivalent of an Aimpoint T1 but without the need for batteries.

Thoughts?

NongShim
07-28-14, 13:13
This is not the equivalent of a T1 with no batteries. Wash out is terrible. Polarizing filter sucks as it makes everything else hard to see. This optic was cool circa 1995 because it brought some good concepts. Now it sucks too hard to bother with. The newer/larger version is probably much better.

The RMR with no batteries is a huge improvement. I played with a friend's not long ago and I really like it, enough that I wish I hadn't passed some deals up.

Vinh
07-28-14, 13:14
Specifically, those of you with a lot of experience with different optics, how does the Trijicon RX01-14 Reflex Sight stack up?

Does it tend to shrug off abuse like an Aimpoint?
Seems a little less rugged, because the Reflex has a suspension system of sorts.

Have you experienced issues with reticle washout that weren't solved by the polarization filter?
I found that in order for the polarization filter to be effective in all conditions, it had to be so dark that it effectively turned the optic into an OEG. I prefer not to use the polarization filter.

How bright is the reticle at night with a bright tactical light burning?
Against light clothing, extremely faint and slow to pick up. Against dark clothing, more visible, but only sufficient for static shooting.

Have you had return-to-zero issues with the quick-detach, thumb-nut mount?
Never tested it since I re-zero if an optic leaves a gun.

Anybody experience windage or elevation issues, like "can't be zeroed very finely" or any other issue?
I have not experienced zeroing issues.

All in all, how would you rank it compared to other optics (yes, I read an older thread on the subject, but I'm looking for newer input).
I consider the RX01 to be suitable for recreational guns. Good for static shooting.

Would you choose this optic again, or would you opt for something else? Why?
I put the RX01 in the "toy" class of optics, better than nothing. The other optic that I would place in the same category is the EOTech 512. Both are inexpensive optics that are good for fun guns.

My interest is in finding the equivalent of an Aimpoint T1 but without the need for batteries.
The closest thing would be the Trijicon TA44SR-10, but it is 1.5x.

Doc Safari
07-28-14, 13:18
The closest thing would be the Trijicon TA44SR-10, but it is 1.5x.

Note to myself: that's the optic I tried right after I bought my first M4 and the eye relief was almost zip. I'd get a TA33 first if I had it to do over again.