PDA

View Full Version : Eagle CIRAS Land size

Impact
09-17-06, 13:42
how do you pick your size ? is it related to the plates size or your body size ?

I wear M/R bdu sets.

Thanks !!

Ben Lenett
09-17-06, 16:18
The size is based upon your body and NOT the plates. It is hard to advise on size w/o seeing a pic of you, but based off of your BDU size you should be ok in a Medium vest.

Impact
09-17-06, 17:02
Thanks Ben.

5"7, 168 lbs, muscular build so Medium right ?.

Ben Lenett
09-17-06, 17:57
You should be good to go in a Medium.

My pleasure.

BigPrince
03-16-07, 02:47
Hey Ben sorry to resurrect an old thread but do you have a size recommendation for a guy 6'7", 260lbs, ~44-46" chest, 18" from collarbone to bellybutton, 22" from collarbone to belt? Do you guys have anything Ogre Sized? haha I was looking at the Large Maritime CIRAS in Khaki or XL but I notice you only have XL in ACU. Do both carry 11x14" plates? Thanks!

Triad Tactical
03-17-07, 12:45
Big Prince,

Here is a chart that shows the size of the armor inserts (not the carrier) for the CIRAS vests.

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/3059/spearpanelsizesdu3.jpg

One inch changes between sizes when measured from the neck down.

Both L and XL will hold S,M,L,XL size SAPI plates.

R Moran
03-17-07, 14:28
From personal expieriance, Ben and Eagle have been very good about changing out sizes, while PACA recut my panels, from Med. to small.

With that, like BDUs the sizing is going to be personal, I prefer to give up some coverage, for mobility and a snug fit.

So, I would by the carrier, and see how it fits, w/ due respect for the lack of panels, but you'll get agood idea. Then order the panels. If I had to do it again, thats what I'd do.

Bob

Stephen_H
03-30-07, 12:59
I have found that if you go one size below your t-shirt size you will be good. I am 6'4" 250 pounds and wear an XL t-shirt and a Large CIRAS/BALCS vest.

Stephen

Foxandreed
03-30-07, 23:10
I wear an 18" neck, 33" sleeve dress shirt and I use the large for plates and soft armor. I wear a medium with just soft armor. I don't know if that helps.

Armati
04-01-07, 10:54
One thing you might find is that you will want to run a smaller front plate. If you wear a large than you might want a medium front plate. A medium could need a small.

When using a pistol, a lot guys can't fully lock out their arms if they have the 'correct' front plate in.