PDA

View Full Version : ??? about HK45c hammer springs

ralph
07-28-14, 21:05
I've got a HK45ct, that I converted to light LEM, from it's original V1, configuration The LEM wasn't working for me all that well, so today, I converted it back.. The stock hammer spring is a #14 spring, does anyone know if HK makes a #12 hammer spring? I had put a #12 USP hammer spring in my HK45t, and that worked out very well, the trigger being much more manageable. From what I can find out, while the HK45 and the full size USP share the same springs, the compacts do not, and that's the problem...I'm wanting to reduce the DA pull a little...

HKGuns
07-28-14, 21:26
This might help you a bit. I don't see any Wolf or HK replacements in lighter versions. I put a 10# Wolf in my USP45c and it reduces it some but not tremendously. I'd call HK and ask them if they make them. Their customer service is usually pretty responsive.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/attachments/hk-handgun-talk/19521d1394216430-hk45c-lem-hammer-spring-s-hk-springs.png

ralph
07-28-14, 21:38
Thanks..I looked at that chart over at HKpro until my eyes hurt... I'm going to give HKUSA a call tomorrow, I want a detent plate to make the safety lever a decocker-only, as well. If they have a hammer spring that is about #2 lighter, I figure that'd work great.. Worked wonders on my HK45t.

kantstudien
07-30-14, 03:20
Is there a way to make a Todd Green LEM variant for the HK45C? Anyone?

RHINOWSO
07-30-14, 07:04
Is there a way to make a Todd Green LEM variant for the HK45C? Anyone?

It's listed on the chart, HK45C, V-TGS...

ralph
07-30-14, 08:25
A little update...I called HKUSA yesterday, and they DO NOT make a lighter hammer spring for the .HK45c, and as the above chart shows, none of the other hammer springs from other models interchange. So, I figure I've got two choices... A. deal with it as is, B. save up the coins and send it to Bruce Grey.... HK also didn't have the detent plate I wanted either...