PDA

View Full Version : So If We Are Being Completely Objective...Is Obama The Worst President In History...?

SteyrAUG
07-30-14, 20:58
I think he passed the Carter level of incompetence while still in his first term (no easy thing), but I'm still not sure if he is as bad as LBJ yet.

We have to consider context such as how damaging the President was during his term in office. For example FDR laid much of the groundwork for LBJ to destroy the country but probably didn't do as much actual damage.

Safetyhit
07-30-14, 21:11
I think he passed the Carter level of incompetence while still in his first term (no easy thing), but I'm still not sure if he is as bad as LBJ yet.

We have to consider context such as how damaging the President was during his term in office. For example FDR laid much of the groundwork for LBJ to destroy the country but probably didn't do as much actual damage.

Nightmare man hasn't finished his body of work yet but I'd bet the farm he goes down as worst ever even 100 years from now.

Moose-Knuckle
07-30-14, 21:26
So If We Are Being Completely Objective...Is Obama The Worst President In History...?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/yes_zps544ec8a6.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/yes_zps544ec8a6.jpg.html)

kwelz
07-30-14, 21:40
He is one of the worst. Followed closely by GWB and Carter.

skydivr
07-30-14, 22:30

It's not the incompetency - he's DANGEROUS because he's on a mission to 'transform' America...and it doesn't appear there's much he's not afraid to try....

The Dumb Gun Collector
07-30-14, 23:20
I still think LBJ and Nixon were worse. Obama is basically Carter in my estimation.

Cincinnatus
07-30-14, 23:23
He is even worse than James Buchanan; yes, he is the worst ever. Why? Because he's destroying America on purpose and not through mere incompetence, like Buchanan. Having Obama as president is no different than having a foreign, enemy occupier running our country. What would a foreign, enemy occupier do differently? Not a damn thing.

BoringGuy45
07-30-14, 23:52

Clinton was WAY worse than GWB. Bush wasn't great, but Clinton had the assault weapons ban, Black Hawk Down, Waco, Kosovo, Whitewater, failing to go after al-Qaeda even after repeated attacks, and the Lewinsky scandal to his name. The world hated us during Bush's administration, but they hated and laughed at us during the Clinton years. Now, again the world laughs at us.

Obama is the worst because I can't see any explanation for what he's doing other than trying to destroy the country so that he can rebuild it in his own vision. He and the progressive statists that act as his mouthpiece are doing the classic dictator trick: Teach people to be paranoid about a powerful enemy lurking in the shadows (in this case, racists) that only more regulation can combat. Teach people that ANY disagreement with the state's policies makes them the enemy. Tell people that they may be the enemy and not even know it and only more retraining can ensure their loyalty. Turn morality upside down so that right is wrong, wrong is right and when people are hopelessly confused, point out that the state is the only source of truth. Destroy the country and everyone in it so that nobody is able to help themselves even if they want to, and keep telling people that the reason they are wallowing in poverty and misery is because the unseen enemy is keeping them down. Keep a perpetual war going against the enemy and tell the people that when the war ends, we will see a bright and heavenly society...and never end the "war".

SteyrAUG
07-30-14, 23:58
I still think LBJ and Nixon were worse. Obama is basically Carter in my estimation.

I think Nixon was a criminal, but still a much better President than either Carter or Obama. By contrast Carter was a much better person than Nixon (by a long shot) but a horribly ineffective President.

jpmuscle
07-31-14, 00:51
Clinton was WAY worse than GWB. Bush wasn't great, but Clinton had the assault weapons ban, Black Hawk Down, Waco, Kosovo, Whitewater, failing to go after al-Qaeda even after repeated attacks, and the Lewinsky scandal to his name. The world hated us during Bush's administration, but they hated and laughed at us during the Clinton years. Now, again the world laughs at us.

Obama is the worst because I can't see any explanation for what he's doing other than trying to destroy the country so that he can rebuild it in his own vision. He and the progressive statists that act as his mouthpiece are doing the classic dictator trick: Teach people to be paranoid about a powerful enemy lurking in the shadows (in this case, racists) that only more regulation can combat. Teach people that ANY disagreement with the state's policies makes them the enemy. Tell people that they may be the enemy and not even know it and only more retraining can ensure their loyalty. Turn morality upside down so that right is wrong, wrong is right and when people are hopelessly confused, point out that the state is the only source of truth. Destroy the country and everyone in it so that nobody is able to help themselves even if they want to, and keep telling people that the reason they are wallowing in poverty and misery is because the unseen enemy is keeping them down. Keep a perpetual war going against the enemy and tell the people that when the war ends, we will see a bright and heavenly society...and never end the "war".
Sounds like a movie I just watched called "Equilibrium". The gunfights were pretty good, albeit different. It's on Netflix if anyone is interested. Basically statist regime dictators, jack booted thugs, and a subservient population living in a post American dystopia.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0238380/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=UdjZU-vZBYeMyASZ_YLYBg&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DZVDiaYQXBVs&cd=14&ved=0CFMQtwIwDQ&usg=AFQjCNF04F9ZZZiQwOGQ-1OoqWy73a8oug&sig2=y3LsxvJ5v4QLrWJMkAGInA

Cincinnatus
07-31-14, 01:04
Nixon was a moderate and not my favorite, but one thing you can say about Nixon, he at least had the decency to be ashamed when caught doing wrong. He resigned. Obama has done things that make Nixon look like a piker, and not only will he not resign, as he ought, he won't even blush, and then doubles down on even worse things. The IRS scandal is worse than Nixon covering up a break-in to DNC headquarters in an election year; Obama's ilk actually went after the people themselves to supress opposition, not just the opposite party. Nixon, also had the decency to bow out in 1960, when JFK and a whole bunch of dead people voting in Missouri and Chicago helped swing the election; even though the election was close enough to contest, he did not pull an Al Gore and drag the country through the anguish of a challenged election. Obama by far surpasses Nixon, end even "out-Nixons" Nixon in almost every category.

Caeser25
07-31-14, 03:17
Absolutely. Most I talk with see him as incompetent. Glad a few others see his actions as deliberate.

Phillygunguy
07-31-14, 03:36
Without a doubt Obama is the worst. A lot of people unfortunately think he's weak and doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing with his fundamental transformation of America. He's much worse than Carter , or Clinton probably LBJ too because at least LBJ hated communism . Obama's mentors are communist, guys like Frank Marshall Davis race baiters like Derrick Bell and Jeremiah Wright that plus the Fast and furious scandal and calling for another gun ban ACA , IRS scandal, and now the Border crisis where he purposely is allowing all of South America come to the US so they can have unlimited democrat voters and return large parts of the US back to Mexico so someone tell me He's not the worst president in history, I can't imagine anyone worse

Palmguy
07-31-14, 06:59
I think Nixon was a criminal, but still a much better President than either Carter or Obama. By contrast Carter was a much better person than Nixon (by a long shot) but a horribly ineffective President.

And Obama certainly has Nixon beat in criminality.

BBossman
07-31-14, 07:08
He is even worse than James Buchanan; yes, he is the worst ever. Why? Because he's destroying America on purpose and not through mere incompetence, like Buchanan. Having Obama as president is no different than having a foreign, enemy occupier running our country. What would a foreign, enemy occupier do differently? Not a damn thing.

I'll go with this. They feign complete ignorance as a cover. They make a show of flailing about as if they have no idea whats happening, but in actuality, the confusion they create leads to their ultimate goal.

Caeser25
07-31-14, 07:18
I'll go with this. They feign complete ignorance as a cover. They make a show of flailing about as if they have no idea whats happening, but in actuality, the confusion they create leads to their ultimate goal.

He doesn't care eiher as the ends justify the means. That makes him very dangerous and the sheeple utterly naive.

Shoulderthinggoesup
07-31-14, 07:20
You in the wrong forum, and about 30 years to early for an objective look at Obama.

I personally despise him, but it is to early for a real assessment, and asking this forum would be like asking Ann coulter.....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

BBossman
07-31-14, 07:22
He just keeps fund raising while serving up tasty bits straight out of Alinsky's playbook.

Joe McCarthy was ultimately proven right...

rushca01
07-31-14, 08:24
He will be remembered as a great president because that's how the history books will be written. Do you honestly think the history books will write anything negative about him????

J-Dub
07-31-14, 08:38
I'd say he's right up there with ol' G.W. in the running for king shit of turd island....

glocktogo
07-31-14, 08:45
I'll play devil's advocate. I think for him to be the worst of the worst, he's have to get off the golf course and be a little more proactive about his plan to "transform America". If he were as prolific as some of the more studious presidents, he'd easily be the worst of all time. His problem is that he's so narcissistic, he spends more time preening and talking about himself than he does doing things.

Now the real damage he's doing is to America's public image. He proves that Americans as a herd are incredibly stupid and ignorant. Four years of him wasn't bad enough, we had to double down on stupid, just to vainly attempt to prove we didn't make a terrible mistake the first time around. His astounding ineptitude in regards to foreign policy will haunt us for years, if not decades after he's gone.

Sorry, that's the best I could do playing devil's advocate. :(

brickboy240
07-31-14, 08:49
He might be but only because he has open and very obvious disdain for American culture and genuinely does not like the country. I don't think Nixon or Carter...or even Clinton had/has a deep seated hatred for America in general. It is very obvious that Obama sure does.

For that alone...yes...he might be our worse president ever.

-brickboy240

Dienekes
07-31-14, 10:30
"He proves that Americans as a herd are incredibly stupid and ignorant. Four years of him wasn't bad enough, we had to double down on stupid, just to vainly attempt to prove we didn't make a terrible mistake the first time around. His astounding ineptitude in regards to foreign policy will haunt us for years, if not decades after he's gone."

Amen to that. But for Americans to evolve into "a silly people" has been a lengthy process. We DID elect this man-boy twice. Just speaking personally, my BS detectors have been going off since about third grade; now they're screaming in chorus like ten smoke detectors, all going off at once. it's more than just "doesn't play well with others". If I didn't care about this country as the last, best place, I'd say we got what we deserved.

Personally, I prefer to be prickly and hard to eradicate, just to be obnoxious.

TAZ
07-31-14, 11:31
You in the wrong forum, and about 30 years to early for an objective look at Obama.

I personally despise him, but it is to early for a real assessment, and asking this forum would be like asking Ann coulter.....

Very true about being too early to make an accurate assessment of the long term damage or good his actions cause.

However, for those of us who have been around the block a few times and have actually lived in shit holes around this world; the alarm bells are ringing incredibly loud. If the country runs off the rails he will be remembered as a savior simply because of who gets to tell the story. Every communist leader was documented as a hero of their nation even though their actions enslaved generations of people.

If the country recovers he will be remembered as a member of a long line of retard presidents elected by a retarded people. Hopefully that will serve as a reminder for future generations of what not to do.

Long term I think he is probably the worst president. His actions nationally and internationally are doing a lot of damage. In his defense bias actions alone are not the end of the world; but his actions could be the final nail in the coffin of this country as we know it. ObamaCare could end up bankrupting this country; not because it's so bad in and of itself, but because a long line of idiots before him pissed away cash like it was nothing. His ability to play checkers (willingly or unknowingly is irrelevant) during an international chess tournament won't kill our standing alone, but because other have done the same before. His regulatory actions and such might end up crippling he economy totally, but that is only be used others have set the stage for that through their own stupidity.

He is but one cog in the gear of stupidity that has led this country to where it's at right now.

markm
07-31-14, 12:02
Absolutely. Most I talk with see him as incompetent. Glad a few others see his actions as deliberate.

This! He is purposely setting up America for weakness in all fronts... economy, borders, foreign policy, defense. His actions only seem retarded to a sane person, but they are calculated and deliberate attempt by an America Hater who wants us down at the low level of other nations.

HKGuns
07-31-14, 12:09
Look no further than Ukraine, Gaza, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria...the list continues.

All LBJ had was NAM and a taste for the ladies which I won't hold against him.

The clincher is that he actually thinks us spending money to fly John Fricken Kerry around the world is going to solve any of it.

markm
07-31-14, 12:16
And Kerry is just trying to get anything he can accomplished to use for his own personal run at Presidency. I'm glad the Israelis are bombing the shit out of the animals in gaza so Kerry can't claim he brought peace to the situation.

skydivr
07-31-14, 12:33
My signature line says it all - we have met the enemy, and he is US...

"The real problem this country faces is not that we have the king of fools as President, it's that we have so many fools who made him their king..."

markm
07-31-14, 12:41
Did you guys see this Rep Sheila Jackson sticking her bunionized foot in her retard mouth again???

She said they, the Dems, never tried to impeach Bush.... even though she was a Co-sponsor of the attempt to impeach Bush. This imbecile is a gaff machine. She makes Biden look like a smooth politician.

Doc Safari
07-31-14, 12:45
My objective opinion is that Obama is secretly a Sunni Muslim. If you look at his record, nearly everything he has done helps Muslims in some way, while at the same time he either does nothing or actually hinders Christians, Jews, etc. worldwide.

I firmly believe he wants ISIS to take over the Mideast. Benghazi was "Fast & Furious" for ISIS rebels who hadn't yet consolidated. I would almost accuse this administration of "setting up" Ambassador Stevens by making a phone call to his killers because he "knew too much."

Just Google all the things he's done that are "Muslim-friendly" even at the expense of American interests and you'll be shocked.

markm
07-31-14, 12:48
That roach even said "my Muslim faith" to Stephanapolis. Nut licker George had to correct him to say "Christian" faith.

Now how many Christians do you know that would make that mistatement EVER? None.

An you're right. EVERY action he takes favors muslims or Anti Americans like the soldier he freed in trade for the 5 Al Qaeda leaders. He won't help the Marine in Mexico. I guarantee if that Marine was booted from service for being Pro Islam terror, his ass would have been released the first week.

Doc Safari
07-31-14, 12:51
Listen to his latest "gaffe" saying Muslims helped build the fabric of this country.

That's not a gaffe; he MEANS it. Or, rather, he means to have the low-information voter BELIEVE it.

I would not be a tiny bit surprised if this whole illegal alien thing is nothing but a false flag op so that ISIS teams can infiltrate the US.

markm
07-31-14, 12:55
I would not be a tiny bit surprised if this whole illegal alien thing is nothing but a false flag op so that ISIS teams can infiltrate the US.

I wouldn't doubt that for a minute. Don't forget the list of Terrorizors who were taken off the No Fly list despite having ties to terror.

Hussein wants terrorists to be able to move freely into our country. Do you remember this foreshadowing to be comment? Hussein said his fear is that a nuke will go off in NYC some day (paraphrased). His fear? His hope!

SteyrAUG
07-31-14, 13:07

I don't think we are quite as biased as Ann Coulter.

And I understand your point about needing to assess totality of actions and their later implications. For example Reagan was criticized across the board for excessive military spending...until the collapse of the Soviet Union, the unification of Germany and all the walls that came down.

But at the same time, during the Carter administration with things like the handover of the Panama canal and the Iranian hostage crisis, we knew he was inept and we didn't need to wait until he was out of office to very it. It didn't even matter that he was the one who negotiated the release of the hostages (goes to his character that rather campaign he'd remain in the office trying to correct a tragedy).

The Iranians simply chose to screw him one more time, and despite accepting the Carter "negotiation" they waited until Reagan was being sworn in before the hostages were actually released. This resulted in a common misconception that Reagan was somehow responsible for their release either through fear of the new President on the part of Iran or some pre election deal negotiated by Reagan and his team.

But the point is we didn't need to wait for Carter to finish his term to form an accurate assessment of him. Very few Presidents are so complex that we need complete records and time to understand them. Obama really isn't one of those Presidents and people have been "calling it" in regard to how he will respond almost since day one. Bill Clinton was more complex.

crusader377
07-31-14, 13:09
Obama with out a doubt is the most destructive man ever to hold any sort of public office in America. Obama fundamentally hates this country and wants to transform into a liberal progressive hell hole. Not only does he completely ignore his constitutional duties but he is a man who actively creates problems to advance his horrible agenda.

rocsteady
07-31-14, 14:34

So just because, objectively, I cannot come up with a single thing to attribute to this president that actually helped America or Americans; what is it too early to tell? Nearly every action and person he's put into place has had negative results on what I would consider the average American.

He does seem to be a very good campaigner but most seem worse off since he took the reigns; except for certain groups like welfare recipients ($ they get up 30%) and illegal aliens (flooding in like water). Scandal-a-week seemingly and a policy of "preaching unity while practicing division". Dismal foreign policy...geez, how much more " fundamental changes can the country withstand?

skijunkie55
07-31-14, 14:39
And then there are places like this http://pleasecutthecrap.com/obama-accomplishments/

You have to be sipping some seriously concentrated kool-aid to believe 1/4 of that list...
(edit - or that any of it actually helped America)

RIDE
07-31-14, 15:08

But did they vote???? See below for answer. If they do nothing about it, it really doesn't matter how anyone "sees" him, incompetent, deliberate, or otherwise.

Four years of him wasn't bad enough, we had to double down on stupid....

How McCain received 2M MORE votes than Romney, even AFTER the first 4 blundering years of O, is absolutely mind boggling to me.

Moose-Knuckle
07-31-14, 15:21
That roach even said "my Muslim faith" to Stephanapolis. Nut licker George had to correct him to say "Christian" faith.

Now how many Christians do you know that would make that mistatement EVER? None.

Most in the sheep herd don't realize that when a puppet politician is interviewed by the main stream media they do many takes until they "get it right". Its all smoke and mirrors, might as well take in a magic show at a casino.

When I first posted this clip after it was leaked there were two members here (who have seemed to vanish) that double teamed me as they usually did claiming it was just tinfoil lol. Forum spies, spooks, trolls, feds . . . they are real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMUgNg7aD8M

Bolt_Overide
08-01-14, 12:50
Maybe I need to get my own tinfoil fedora, but that just didn't seem like a gaff to me. It seemed much more like a man having a frank conversation and said something he believes without realizing he said it.

Koshinn
08-01-14, 13:47

He wasn't being a good lawyer when he said that, but it's a common enough phrasing in English.

He should have said "my alleged Muslim faith", but most Americans would omit "alleged".

Doc Safari
08-01-14, 13:50
He wasn't being a good lawyer when he said that, but it's a common enough phrasing in English.

He should have said "my alleged Muslim faith", but most Americans would omit "alleged".

I don't buy that for a minute. True Christians are very protective of acknowledging their faith. Saying "my Muslim faith" is a major gaffe to a believer in Christ. Now, I'll grant you, people have said that he doesn't have ANY religion, and that may be true.

Palmguy
08-01-14, 14:47
I don't think he is a religious man at all, outside the religion of the state.

interfan
08-01-14, 14:50

He is religious, but his religion is Marxism.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt5OjLdCYAA4N0n.jpg:large

SteyrAUG
08-01-14, 17:29

I think he is "culturally" Muslim and has strong Muslim sympathies. I don't think he prays three times a day.

Safetyhit
08-01-14, 17:55
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt5OjLdCYAA4N0n.jpg:large

This photo was released by the Russian Foreign Ministry. While they'll never admit it you can clearly see he makes them cringe with fear deep inside.

Moose-Knuckle
08-01-14, 18:12
I think he is "culturally" Muslim and has strong Muslim sympathies. I don't think he prays three times a day.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/Obamamuslim1_zps97fe72d9.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/Obamamuslim1_zps97fe72d9.jpg.html)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/obamamuslim3_zps3c8c6123.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/obamamuslim3_zps3c8c6123.jpg.html)

Bubba FAL
08-01-14, 18:27
Anyone that has read Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" would recognize and understand that what Barry does is deliberate and part of a plan. Barry's ability to 'work the plan' would make even Amway folks blush. Even the term 'community organizer' is by the book. That so many Americans have fallen for it is embarrassing and an indicator of just how badly the public educational system is corrupted.

SteveS
08-01-14, 20:10
Other than having -0- accomplishments anything important before being set up for the president. I hold all the disgust for gullible uniformed voters in this country who could make such a poor choice in a president,,,twice!

Koshinn
08-01-14, 22:04
I don't buy that for a minute. True Christians are very protective of acknowledging their faith. Saying "my Muslim faith" is a major gaffe to a believer in Christ. Now, I'll grant you, people have said that he doesn't have ANY religion, and that may be true.

I also don't think Obama is religious. I think he pays lip service to Christianity because America would never elect a non-Jesus worshipper. Being a non-Jesus worshipper AND half-black is too much diversity to ask of the American public.

But even then you're still taking the comment out of context. For example, if John McCain alleged Obama had sand in his vagina and it was a fairly major argument against Obama, then in an interview he said "McCain keeps talking about how I have sand in my vagina", that isn't an admission that he does indeed have sand in his vagina.

rocsteady
10-19-14, 11:23
In light of the recent skillful, honest, professional handling of the Ebola issue with the safety and security of the American people as the obvious top priority, I believe we should be revisiting this thread as we may have judged too harshly. And don't be too hard on the guy for appointing a political hack as "Ebola czar" as it is important for us to have another talking head feeding us crap.

SilverBullet432
10-19-14, 11:42
Worst is an understatement. :sarcastic:

Heavy Metal
10-19-14, 11:55
I don't know about the 19th century but easily the worst since Woodrow Wilson.

WillBrink
10-19-14, 12:42
I also don't think Obama is religious. I think he pays lip service to Christianity because America would never elect a non-Jesus worshipper. Being a non-Jesus worshipper AND half-black is too much diversity to ask of the American public.

But even then you're still taking the comment out of context. For example, if John McCain alleged Obama had sand in his vagina and it was a fairly major argument against Obama, then in an interview he said "McCain keeps talking about how I have sand in my vagina", that isn't an admission that he does indeed have sand in his vagina.

And that likely describes the majority of US presidents in recent history.

thopkins22
10-19-14, 13:49
And that likely describes the majority of US presidents in recent history.

Probably the nicest thing I've ever said about Obama is that he's an atheist.

He's pretty awful. But at the end of the day, he's no more a socialist than Bush...let's not forget Medicare Part D. With the exception of Obamacare...he hasn't really done anything at all that wasn't going to come from McCain or Romney too. The country has been in a death spiral of debt, future obligations we have no way to pay, and so forth for a long time before he ever took office.

vigilant2
10-19-14, 17:21
Yes, easily the worst in my lifetime anyway. I've said as much to my closest friends 2 years ago. There is nothing presidential about him, he looks like a little kid put in a position of great power ,who doesn't have a clue when he speaks. I thought Carter was bad, he makes Carter look like a better alternative, hell even Clinton looks good right now. Full disclosure , I'm a heterosexual, Christian , mellowing (with age) conservative, college educated individual (who knows what he believes and why he believes it), has a decent knowledge of history, apologetics and science. I'm also black.

Eurodriver
10-19-14, 17:42
Yes, easily the worst in my lifetime anyway. I've said as much to my closest friends 2 years ago. There is nothing presidential about him, he looks like a little kid put in a position of great power ,who doesn't have a clue when he speaks. I thought Carter was bad, he makes Carter look like a better alternative, hell even Clinton looks good right now. Full disclosure , I'm a heterosexual, Christian , mellowing (with age) conservative, college educated individual (who knows what he believes and why he believes it), has a decent knowledge of history, apologetics and science. I'm also black.

That's racist!

vigilant2
10-19-14, 17:46
LOL! You forgot traitor!

Caeser25
10-19-14, 17:47
This could prove to be pretty damaging for years to come.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_judges_appointed_by_Barack_Obama

thopkins22
10-19-14, 18:38
This could prove to be pretty damaging for years to come.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_judges_appointed_by_Barack_Obama

Why? That's about how many you'd expect him to appoint...and they're just liberal justices just like W appointed conservative justices. They're not communists...not most of them anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_judges_appointed_by_George_W._Bush

Hell H.W. appointed almost as many court of appeals judges in one term alone.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_judges_appointed_by_George_H._W._Bush

SteyrAUG
10-19-14, 19:56
Probably the nicest thing I've ever said about Obama is that he's an atheist.

He's pretty awful. But at the end of the day, he's no more a socialist than Bush...let's not forget Medicare Part D. With the exception of Obamacare...he hasn't really done anything at all that wasn't going to come from McCain or Romney too. The country has been in a death spiral of debt, future obligations we have no way to pay, and so forth for a long time before he ever took office.

I think Obamacare is several orders of magnitude more socialist than Medicare Part D. Not trying to give Bush a pass or anything, but still.

MistWolf
10-19-14, 20:14
The dictators of old said to the population they enslaved "Thou Shalt Not".
Tyrants have taken this a step further, saying to the slaves "Thou Shalt".
Today, we have the party, in order to control even our thoughts, saying to all "Thou Art"

"The real problem this country faces is not that we have the king of fools as President, it's that we have so many fools who made him their king..."

This- so very much this. Obama may or may not be the most incompetent president we've ever had, but we currently have the most incompetent Congress and House of Representatives along with the most dangerous Supreme Court and neutered press to make him the most damaging president ever. If Obama had gotten into office just a couple of terms earlier, he would simply be ineffective as he would have been slammed and put into his place by Congress, the Senate and our long lamented 4th Estate, the press. Yet today, he has free reign to destroy the country using precedence set in prior administrations- and Obama is not the end of it. Even when we get rid of him, there are others waiting in the wings ready to continue taking away our liberties and what liberties remain in the rest of the world.

While we may revile- and rightly so- what this man has done to our country, never forget that he is only a mouth piece, that he is only one willing servant to the party among many

maximus83
10-19-14, 20:55
While we may revile- and rightly so- what this man has done to our country, never forget that he is only a mouth piece, that he is only one willing servant to the party among many

Indeed. While Obama is a huge problem and I wouldn't quibble with calling him the worst ever, he's an effect not a cause of our cultural malaise. The problem is a 100 year-old progressive worldview that denies reality, suppresses freedom, and is playing itself out in our culture to a bitter endgame.

The_War_Wagon
10-19-14, 21:09
So If We Are Being Completely Objective...Is Obama The Worst President In...

... the UNIVERSE?

YES.

ralph
10-19-14, 22:02
The amount of damage this man, and his friends in congress have done to this country, will probably take a decade or so to fully calculate. But, the real question is, Do we, as a country have a decade or so left? I don't know. I think we're well past the tipping point, There's too many stupid people out there who vote, and would willingly raise their hand, and give their freedoms up in exchange for being made a ward of the state.(Free Shit Army) Nothing will change the direction we're heading until the money runs out, and the state can no longer hold up it's end of the bargain. Only when we have a elected Government that is flushed clean of Democrats, Republicans, Lobbyists, unlimited funds, and only uses the constitution as it's guide for running the country, will we get our country back. The future may indeed, be a very bumpy ride...

G19A3
10-19-14, 22:30
But did they vote???? See below for answer. If they do nothing about it, it really doesn't matter how anyone "sees" him, incompetent, deliberate, or otherwise.

How McCain received 2M MORE votes than Romney, even AFTER the first 4 blundering years of O, is absolutely mind boggling to me.

Hell, I'll bet there are a few people that are complaining about obama in this very thread, that didn't vote at all in either 2008 or 2012.

WillBrink
10-20-14, 07:07
I think Obamacare is several orders of magnitude more socialist than Medicare Part D. Not trying to give Bush a pass or anything, but still.

But it is based on the MA model which was given to us by a Repub who ran for pres, as a failed one time Gov. of MA. Not to giving Obama a pass, but the overlap runs deep. Romney and Obama were buddy buddy on that until Romney decided to run, then attacked Obama for Obama care, etc, etc.

montanadave
10-20-14, 08:51
The amount of damage this man, and his friends in congress have done to this country, will probably take a decade or so to fully calculate. But, the real question is, Do we, as a country have a decade or so left? I don't know. I think we're well past the tipping point, There's too many stupid people out there who vote, and would willingly raise their hand, and give their freedoms up in exchange for being made a ward of the state.(Free Shit Army) Nothing will change the direction we're heading until the money runs out, and the state can no longer hold up it's end of the bargain. Only when we have a elected Government that is flushed clean of Democrats, Republicans, Lobbyists, unlimited funds, and only uses the constitution as it's guide for running the country, will we get our country back. The future may indeed, be a very bumpy ride...

Are we talking about Bush or Obama? Cuz it's same song, second verse.

ralph
10-20-14, 13:55
Are we talking about Bush or Obama? Cuz it's same song, second verse.

Both.. As I can't see how one is better or worse than the other..neither republicans or democrats are friends of freedom...

SteyrAUG
10-20-14, 14:14
But it is based on the MA model which was given to us by a Repub who ran for pres, as a failed one time Gov. of MA. Not to giving Obama a pass, but the overlap runs deep. Romney and Obama were buddy buddy on that until Romney decided to run, then attacked Obama for Obama care, etc, etc.

And if Romney passed National Romney care with the same purchase requirements, it would be just as bad.

26 Inf
10-20-14, 14:48
And if Romney passed National Romney care with the same purchase requirements, it would be just as bad.

I think the issue of affordable health care for the masses could have been addressed in a different manner, but I feel it needed to be addressed. The thing that I dislike about the discussion of Obama Care is that the talking heads and politicians who decry it never offer up their own plan to solve the problem.

I don't have much skin in the fight, I've always worked for organizations that had health care plans available, and I also am eligible (and using) TriCare.

That doesn't change the fact that my vision for America is one where a sudden catastrophic event, heart attack, cancer, falling off a roof, shouldn't spell financial ruin for you and your family.

Obama and Romney put forward one way to accomplish it. I don't think it is the best, but it's not the worst way to skin the cat either. Like I said, let the folks who are using the media to tell us how bad it sucks tell us their plan.

I've been fairly successful in life being an obstinate prick because when I dig my heels in on a problem, I have a way to fix it, I don't bitch until I have an idea that I think will work.

In terms of the worst President that I've studied, LBJ, hands down. Civil rights, Great Society, Viet Nam were the issues on his plate. He didn't do any of them justice, he willfully followed a policy in Viet Nam that cost thousands of unnecessary lives lost in order to fool the American public.

polydeuces
10-20-14, 15:56
Thinking that who's in office makes that much of a difference is perhaps more dangerous.
The entire system is so wrought with corruption, special interests, lobbyists and everything else thrown in that what should be a simple straightforward and beautiful thing: "Representation for the People Elected by the People", (how much easier could it be?) has become a grotesque travesty of staggering epic proportions.

I mean this in a totally non-threatening and benevolent way: Perhaps the BEST thing that could ever happen to us is if all Washington politicians, bureaucrats together with all their special "friends" were to be in the same building on the same day at the same time, and a big fat kaboom went off wiping all of them away, we'd have to start from scratch.
We might stand a chance. Just maybe.
But to even suggest anything like that.....is the NSA reading this...?

brickboy240
10-20-14, 16:08
It is not that Obama is the worst president but the fact that it will take decades to un-do all that he and his merry men have done in his short 8 years.

That is the real legacy of this moron.

-brickboy240

montanadave
10-20-14, 16:34
It is not that Obama is the worst president but the fact that it will take decades to un-do all that he and his merry men have done in his short 8 years.

That is the real legacy of this moron.

-brickboy240

Coupled with trying to undo the eight years of damage from the previous moron we've got a lot of cleaning up to do. And that's just the last two morons. We had a few more before them.

brickboy240
10-20-14, 16:57
True but the damage and debt done by Obama is much worse than anything Bush did.

Bush might indeed have started the whole debt climb and bailout nonsense but Obama put the icing on this ugly cake. He took it to a point where we might not ever recover.

In fact...I'd say that if we get 4-8 years of Hillary...America will probably never come back.

-brickboy240

montanadave
10-20-14, 17:04
Let's just agree that the Boomer generation has done one ****ed up job of providing political leadership for this country. The previous generation had its share of turds but there were a few decent sorts amongst the lot. The Boomers? So far, we're batting a big goose egg.

Airhasz
10-20-14, 18:20
The Obama aftermath is still very much in the making. His incompency might never be fully know after the potential damage the next president brings.

ForTehNguyen
10-20-14, 18:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaD5_XJl0AY