PDA

View Full Version : VZ-58 stock removal?

LH2
06-11-08, 21:49
I'm swapping out the bakelite stock on my VZ for the longer Zytel stock. How the heck do I remove the buttstock? I don't see any screws holding it from inside the receiver, but the Zytel stock is held on by a pair of Allen screws.

Is it a screw that is accessed from the butt of the rifle? Thanks!

TOrrock
06-11-08, 21:55
There's a large screw that holds the stock to the receiver. You'll need a large slotted head screw driver with a shaft as long as the stock.

Take the buttplate off and you should be able to see the back of the screw.

LH2
06-11-08, 23:31
Thanks Tim...

LH2
06-15-08, 01:25
Having a problem swapping out the bakelite for the Zytel stock... It looks like the metal piece that the bakelite pistol grip sits in (seems to be spot-welded to the receiver) prevents the Zytel stock from fitting flush against the bottom of the receiver.

This also means the mounting hole in the stock at the rear of the receiver is too low and doesn't line up flush with the hole in the receiver.

Ideas? Has anybody else changed from bakelite to the tactical stock?

LH2
06-23-08, 10:24
Guess not...

I was hoping to change the stock from bakelite to the skeleton stock I ordered from TN Guns, but it doesn't fit due to the piece behind the trigger guard preventing a flush fit with the bottom of the receiver.

I guess nobody has changed out the bakelite for the zytel, eh?

TOrrock
06-23-08, 12:06
I'm afraid not, usually it's the other way around.

I've never messed with the thumbhole stocks so I can't give you any pointers I'm afraid.

Try calling Troy at InRange, he'd know.

www.inrangec2.com