PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

jmnielsen
08-01-14, 15:11
Thought I would ask the fellow members what they would do in this situation...

I'm a member on a Facebook group that is place for people to buy/sell/trade guns and gear locally (it's a statewide group). What I'm having an issue with is there is a member of the group that is building and selling ARs with no FFL. I can't imagine he is selling his "personal collection" because he will have 4 (or so) brand new PSA rifles for sale every week. New and unfired. He does typically state "must have CCW permit or purchase permit" so he probably is at least not selling to people that can't legally own a firearm.

So my dilemma, do I leave it be or report him for building and selling firearms with the intent of resale without holding an FFL?

markm
08-01-14, 15:13
Ignore it. Although I hate this kind of roach... let the chips fall on their own.

hatidua
08-01-14, 15:18
MYOB.

Eurodriver
08-01-14, 15:19
Report him? For what? Is it hurting you at all? Don't invite the man in your life if you don't have to.

Next thing you know you're on ILEADS, your Facebook group is shut down, and you're answering a bajillion questions from officers who know you're a gun nut.

AKDoug
08-01-14, 15:22
He'll get busted soon enough. I know for a fact that ATF is well aware of Facebook buy and sell groups and monitors them. I'd just not worry about it.

montanadave
08-01-14, 15:26
He'll get busted soon enough. I know for a fact that ATF is well aware of Facebook buy and sell groups and monitors them. I'd just not worry about it.

This would be my take on it.

jmnielsen
08-01-14, 15:39
To make things clear I was planning on letting it be, I don't really care to mess with it. Just was unsure if it was something I should do. Got my answer!

Belmont31R
08-01-14, 16:58
MYOB. The ATF ****s over enough people on their own without gun owners snitching on each other for laws that are unconstitutional in the first place. Why help them?

BBossman
08-01-14, 17:12
Just a matter of time as they build their case, get warrants, line up the MRAP's, etc.

That's just to raid his vets office to find out what kind of dog he has so they can formulate how best to neutralize the pets first.

Moose-Knuckle
08-01-14, 17:59
MYOB. The ATF ****s over enough people on their own without gun owners snitching on each other for laws that are unconstitutional in the first place. Why help them?

This. I'm sure they already monitor your group, this forum, etc. Don't be surprised if you are contacted by them, they may even approach you to help them do a sting.

SteyrAUG
08-01-14, 19:30
Thought I would ask the fellow members what they would do in this situation...

I'm a member on a Facebook group that is place for people to buy/sell/trade guns and gear locally (it's a statewide group). What I'm having an issue with is there is a member of the group that is building and selling ARs with no FFL. I can't imagine he is selling his "personal collection" because he will have 4 (or so) brand new PSA rifles for sale every week. New and unfired. He does typically state "must have CCW permit or purchase permit" so he probably is at least not selling to people that can't legally own a firearm.

So my dilemma, do I leave it be or report him for building and selling firearms with the intent of resale without holding an FFL?

Just step back. He might be ATF, he might not be. You don't want to be associated in any way, shape or form. I might even bail on the FB page as it generally isn't hard to harvest personal information and it sounds prime for investigation.

williejc
08-02-14, 16:02
There's a remote possibility that the seller has an FFL and may be advertising on FB. I agree that you should let it ride.

7.62NATO
08-02-14, 16:09

Mauser KAR98K
08-02-14, 16:35
Let it ride. Don't give F-troop a reason, or aid.

Moose-Knuckle
08-02-14, 16:51
As a citizen of Amerika, immediately report this potential crime to DHS.

http://www.dhs.gov/if-you-see-something-say-something

I remember when I first saw this shit and the DHS Fusion Centers . . . I couldn't help but think of the Nazi/Soviet propaganda posters about spying on your neighbors and relatives.

jmnielsen
08-02-14, 17:18
There's a remote possibility that the seller has an FFL and may be advertising on FB. I agree that you should let it ride.

People asked him and he said "No, I do not have an FFL".

Not really a big deal, just curious what the forum thought.