PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster BAR-10

Abflyboy
06-12-08, 00:40
I have a Bushmaster BAR-10 that I picked up at a gun show prior to my "enlightenment" :( about the AR-10 rifle in general.

The rifle is a very good shooter, feels solid, and has a nice feeling two-stage trigger.

There are a lot of stories flying around about the Bushmaster BAR-10's having problems and I am wondering what's true and what isn't. I've been avoiding asking about this on other forums as they all shoot a lot of BS that's hard to follow and everyone here seems knowledgeable and well-informed.

Is this an okay rifle? Are FAL mags really that bad? Do the tails really break off the bolts in BM BAR-10's? What other issues will I face?

Thanks for your help. I'm not going through buyer's remorse, just want to be aware of all that can be prevented.

Thanks everyone

Littlelebowski
06-12-08, 09:50
I believe Bushmaster issued recalls/updates for the bolt; you should call them with your serial number and bolt in hand to check.

06-12-08, 13:16
I have a Bushmaster BAR-10 that I picked up at a gun show prior to my "enlightenment" :( about the AR-10 rifle in general.

The rifle is a very good shooter, feels solid, and has a nice feeling two-stage trigger.

There are a lot of stories flying around about the Bushmaster BAR-10's having problems and I am wondering what's true and what isn't. I've been avoiding asking about this on other forums as they all shoot a lot of BS that's hard to follow and everyone here seems knowledgeable and well-informed.

Is this an okay rifle? Are FAL mags really that bad? Do the tails really break off the bolts in BM BAR-10's? What other issues will I face?

Thanks for your help. I'm not going through buyer's remorse, just want to be aware of all that can be prevented.

Thanks everyone
I take it you Bushy has not given you any problems. So, what's with the :( ?

Abflyboy
06-12-08, 21:21
I take it you Bushy has not given you any problems. So, what's with the :( ?

I like to prevent problems, not have problems. . .;)