PDA

View Full Version : Question about Idaho carry laws

PdxMotoxer
08-01-14, 18:27
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot but Im an Oregon resident with my Oregon CCW/CHL
and haven't left the state in 10+ years but there is a family reunion just out of Twin Falls ID
that last minute I decided to go to.
Just realized I have NO CLUE about Idaho carry laws.

No I do not have one of those multi-state permits as I never leave the state and
this is a last minute decision to attend and see family i haven't seen in 20+ years.

When I get to the Idaho border can i put my loaded M&P9c under the center conceal of
of my Ford F150 or put it in the glove box? can i even keep it loaded?
I have a locking tool box in the bed of my truck where I will be storing my Rifle and couple gun's
I'm bringing to plink while there.
Hoping I don't have to put my carry pistol locked in there and can it be loaded if i do?

Sorry for all the questions that I would normally google myself or write OFF (Oregon Firearm Fed)
But I'm pressed for time to get ready and be gone in two days.

Not sure if we have many Idaho members here.
I want to be 100% legal and I do not think ignorance is an excuse for breaking the laws.
Thank You in advance for your help and sharing your knowledge!!

CoryCop25
08-01-14, 18:38
I'm not an Idaho resident but we do have a summer home there. I am pretty sure Idaho honors an OR carry permit, unless something has changed recently. ID is an open carry state.

AKDoug
08-01-14, 20:16
12 seconds on Google and to post here... http://www.ag.idaho.gov/concealedWeapons/concealedWeapons_index.html

PdxMotoxer
08-04-14, 02:53
Thank You for your replies.
And thank you AKDoung for your 12 seconds.

for those wondering.....

Does Idaho recognize concealed weapons licenses from other states?

Yes. However, while in Idaho, you must carry the license on your person at all times when you are carrying a concealed weapon. (Idaho Code Section 18-3302(12)(g))

(g) Any person who has a valid permit from a state or local law enforcement agency or court authorizing him to carry a concealed weapon. A permit issued in another state will only be considered valid if the permit is in the licensee's physical possession.

ALSO:
May I carry a weapon on my person in Idaho?

Yes, you may carry a weapon on your person in Idaho as long as the weapon is clearly visible.

May I carry a firearm in my vehicle without a concealed weapons license?

You may carry a firearm in your vehicle inside the city limits or confines of a city, as long as it is in plain view, loaded or unloaded. But if you are going to conceal it, the firearm must be disassembled or unloaded.