PDA

View Full Version : Old School Loadouts

Jellybean
08-02-14, 23:40
Ran across this article on a Brit news site.
An interesting picture gallery of a basic soldier's kit from the days of axes and swords to the present.
It's interesting how much hasn't changed, as far as the basic categories of gear go...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-one/11006139/Inventories-of-war-soldiers-kit-from-1066-to-2014.html?frame=2994148

Cincinnatus
08-03-14, 00:17
Absolutely outstanding! Reminds me of one of the classic books on Vietnam, The Things They Carried.

docsherm
08-03-14, 19:03
That is one of the coolest things I have seen i a long time. Nice find!

dth4lf
08-03-14, 19:13
Very interesting, thanks for the link.

T2C
08-04-14, 10:43
I spend a lot of time shooting old bold action military rifles and found the link interesting. I see there were 5 clips loaded with 10 rounds for the Enfield below the rifle and a bandoleer with another 50 rounds above the rifle in the WWI equipment picture. That is a lot of ammunition for the time period.

The spiked trench club is a nice addition to the kit.

replacement
08-09-14, 22:19
very interesting - thanks for sharing

tacoops
08-10-14, 08:15
The very last picture, that is just one soldiers typical load out? That is a lot of gear to carry.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Moose-Knuckle
08-12-14, 16:37
So guys I wonder how many ounces the new whiz bang RIS and LW barrel is going to save me, should I drill holes in my BCG?

:jester:

That was pure bad ass, thanks for sharing!

Moose-Knuckle
08-12-14, 16:39
I spend a lot of time shooting old bold action military rifles and found the link interesting. I see there were 5 clips loaded with 10 rounds for the Enfield below the rifle and a bandoleer with another 50 rounds above the rifle in the WWI equipment picture. That is a lot of ammunition for the time period.

The spiked trench club is a nice addition to the kit.

The Brits and their "Mad Minute" Enfields, they could put a lot of rounds on target. Probably the fastest bolt action ever fielded.

I too like the touch of the spiked club for trench warfare lol. Some things just never change. We still have guys deploy with Tomahawks.