PDA

View Full Version : DEFCON 22

Koshinn
08-03-14, 19:11
Anyone going?

https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-22/dc-22-schedule.html

SeriousStudent
08-03-14, 19:17
Didn't go to Black Hat, not going to be at DEF CON this year either. Too much work to do back here at the mines. Plus we have a new overseer, and he's something else.

I did send a minion, though. He promised me swag.

If you are going, have fun with the Wall of Sheep and the after parties.

Koshinn
08-03-14, 19:20
Didn't go to Black Hat, not going to be at DEF CON this year either. Too much work to do back here at the mines. Plus we have a new overseer, and he's something else.

I did send a minion, though. He promised me swag.

If you are going, have fun with the Wall of Sheep and the after parties.

I was out of town when Black Hat took place a few days ago unfortunately.

I'm not much of a party person, so I highly doubt I'll be hitting up the after parties. Also there's IDPA on Sunday... can't decide if I want to shoot or go to the last day of DEFCON.

I also always bring pen and paper to DEFCON to take notes. Phone is on airplane mode and solely for pictures, lol.

Any speech or event in particular you want me to attend and bring back notes on?

Safetyhit
08-03-14, 19:36
I did send a minion, though.

Good Lord man you've only been a mod for about a year (or so I think). Stay humble!

He promised me swag.

Interesting because I thought this group would surely be off limits amongst our affiliates. And you of all people??

https://forum.defcon.org/forumdisplay.php?f=798

I tried to stop myself but I couldn't. I really did try though.

:rolleyes:

SeriousStudent
08-03-14, 19:38
Thanks for the notes offer, my minion has that covered. He's really, really good at that, hence his attendance.

And it's always worth going, just to sit and listen and make mental notes.

SeriousStudent
08-03-14, 19:47
Good Lord man you've only been a mod for about a year (or so I think). Stay humbl

Sort of an inside joke. There was an excruciatingly long problem at work once, and IT geeks get a bit loopy after 2 or 3 days with no sleep. My VP brought us all a set of the little figurines, and I somehow ended up with the head evil persona, ala Despicable Me.

I was baffled as to why he made that choice. Me being a kindly old man, who is the soul of gentility at work.

But my team still has the little figures in their cubes, and actually refer to themselves in that manner. Also makes it easier to spot them on Lync.

Safetyhit
08-03-14, 19:53
Sort of an inside joke. There was an excruciatingly long problem at work once, and IT geeks get a bit loopy after 2 or 3 days with no sleep. My VP brought us all a set of the little figurines, and I somehow ended up with the head evil persona, ala Despicable Me.

I was baffled as to why he made that choice. Me being a kindly old man, who is the soul of gentility at work.

But my team still has the little figures in their cubes, and actually refer to themselves in that manner. Also makes it easier to spot them on Lync.

Know you well enough to know that brother. All in good fun.

moonshot
08-03-14, 20:41
Wish I could go - it's a great forum and I love Penn & Teller (and that's no Bullshit).

SeriousStudent
08-03-14, 21:59
Penn and Teller, Sinbad and the Amazing Jonathan were some of my primary reasons to go.

Oh yeah, and that computer stuff too. Better get some more book learnin'.

Koshinn
08-04-14, 00:59
Penn and Teller were quite entertaining last time I went!

Koshinn
08-07-14, 21:57
Stood in line for 3 hours today. -.-