PDA

View Full Version : Blackwater USPSA rifle side match pics

Robb Jensen
09-17-06, 20:59
Here's us VA Arms crew shooting the side match today. I wasn't on my game on pistol today (3rd place) but did pretty well with rifle (1st place). Terry puts on a great match, if you live even kinda close and want to try USPSA competition come out and play. The Blackwater Practical Shooters web site is http://www.blackwateripsc.exis.net/. We traveled 4hrs each way from northern VA. We even had a pistol stage in the shoot house which was awesome.

Robb (me)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/competition%20pics/robbrifle.jpg

Brett Simon
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/competition%20pics/brettrifle.jpg

Luis Gines
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/competition%20pics/luisrifle.jpg

TOrrock
09-17-06, 21:08
Cool deal.....what kind of gloves are you guys using?

VA_Dinger
09-17-06, 23:32
These photos are like a kick in the balls. :D

I was signed up, packed, and ready to go......until my wife dropped one kids B-day party and one softball game square in my lap.

M4arc and I did the August match.

Robb Jensen
09-18-06, 03:42
Cool deal.....what kind of gloves are you guys using?

Oakleys. I always wear on when shooting this rifle or my Benelli 3 gun shotgun. I've been burned before by both.

These photos are like a kick in the balls. :D

I was signed up, packed, and ready to go......until my wife dropped one kids B-day party and one softball game square in my lap.

M4arc and I did the August match.

Where does Terry Bailado post the scores now?
The website shows the May 21st 2006 Steel Challenge as the last match there which we know isn't true and the www.USPSA.com website isn't showing them either.

Hardgear, LLC
09-18-06, 06:10
Robb,

Thanks for sharing.......when are we going to do some shooting? With the shop opening, I'm relagated to Sundays. IIRC, you are in the same boat.

Bomber

Robb Jensen
09-18-06, 06:29
Robb,

Thanks for sharing.......when are we going to do some shooting? With the shop opening, I'm relagated to Sundays. IIRC, you are in the same boat.

Bomber

Quantico Range 1 is closed until further notice. They're likely going to be building up the dividing berm between R-1 and R-2 and make it go all the way to the end (it's about 50yds short) since that Marine Lt got hit in the head by a bullet fragment while working the butts on R-2 (it came from Range 1).

Range 305 is now sometimes open on Sundays for rec shooting. I'll let you know when it is next and I'm free.

VA_Dinger
09-18-06, 07:08
Where does Terry Bailado post the scores now?
The website shows the May 21st 2006 Steel Challenge as the last match there which we know isn't true and the www.USPSA.com website isn't showing them either.

I have no idea.

I've emailed them 5-6 times since the August match looking for the results.

Voodoochild
09-18-06, 08:04
What kind of Rifle is that you are using Robb. Did you build that just for 3 gun matches.

M4arc
09-18-06, 08:11
Damn! I wish I could have made it yesterday. :(

Hopefully next month...

Mig
09-18-06, 10:59
Nice photos especially of Brett's Tigerstripe. Good job.

Joe Mamma
09-18-06, 11:22
I thought about going but pussed out. Thanks for posting the pics.

How was the turnout?

Joe Mamma

Robb Jensen
09-18-06, 18:33
What kind of Rifle is that you are using Robb. Did you build that just for 3 gun matches.

Total Frankengun and yes is a competition only gun.

Bushy lower, Bushy lower parts kit, JARD trigger, Magpul MIAD grip and PRS stock, Enidine buffer, CMT upper receiver, JP service weight carrier, Leitner Wise Advanced Combat Bolt, PRI gas buster charging handle, JP FF tube, JP gas block, Bushy 20" 1x9 fluted bbl, JP Bennie Cooley muzzle brake, Larue SPR scope mount, Leupold Vari-X III 1.5-5x illuminated scope (German No.4 reticle), JP 'home-boy' close range (10yds) sight, on a JP 4" rail with 1/2" YHM risers.

I thought about going but pussed out. Thanks for posting the pics.

How was the turnout?

Joe Mamma

Small turnout, less than 30 I think.

subzero
09-18-06, 18:37
I've been trying to make it out to every one of these, but I didn't find out about this one until the day before. Since Klaus went his own way, the website hasn't been a very good source of info, which sucks since I can never make it out to their meetings. There's a big paper/steel match scheduled for next month that I hope to make it out to.

SIMPLYDYNAMIC
09-18-06, 20:01
Nice Robb...making me jealous! whis I was there with you guys.

Robb Jensen
09-18-06, 20:09
Nice Robb...making me jealous! whis I was there with you guys.

In do time brother, in do time! :D

smith m4
09-19-06, 14:38
Where was this shoot?

Anyone know how far it is from Raleigh NC?

Can anyone come play?

9x19
09-19-06, 17:39
Blackwater Practical Shooters, LLC matches are held at Blackwater USA, located in Moyock, NC. It is in the northeastern corner of NC, near the Virginia border.

http://blackwateripsc.exis.net/

chris914
09-27-06, 18:52
I spoke to Ron Reiner today. He is the guy that is doing the Paper and Steel Shootout at Blackwater October 28/29. Ron said that match will be 7 stages with paper in 3 of the shoot houses and 4 stages of steel. Round count will be over 250. The classes will be a mix of IDPA and IPSC rules. A new thread should be up very soon. Prize money will be awarded. I am shooting both Stock Revolver and Stock Pistol. :D

Joe Mamma
09-27-06, 19:02
I spoke to Ron Reiner today. He is the guy that is doing the Paper and Steel Shootout at Blackwater October 28/29. Ron said that match will be 7 stages with paper in 3 of the shoot houses and 4 stages of steel. Round count will be over 250. The classes will be a mix of IDPA and IPSC rules. A new thread should be up very soon. Prize money will be awarded. I am shooting both Stock Revolver and Stock Pistol. :D

I'm in dude! I'm shooting Sunday morning. Hopefully we'll get a good sized group from the forum there. I'll probably spend the night nearby on Saturday night. We should try to get a group of us together for dinner or something.

Joe Mamma

Robb Jensen
09-27-06, 21:16

I'm very interested in shooting this. Will probably have 5 or 6 of us. How do I sign up? We would need to shoot Sunday.

Joe Mamma
09-28-06, 18:58
I'm very interested in shooting this. Will probably have 5 or 6 of us. How do I sign up? We would need to shoot Sunday.

There's no way (that I know of) to sign up online. Also, I don't think the match information is posted online either.

I just emailed you the match application and detailed match information. Feel free to post it on this forum. I would do it myself but, I don't know how!

The match information said it may be the last match at Backwater because they've gotten so busy.

Also, one of the stages will be on the Rogers electronic range (target's that pop up and down).

Joe Mamma

chris914
09-28-06, 20:56
Ron Reiner told me that there would also be a shotgun side match on Saturday as well as a Night Shoot in one of the shoot houses. Each of these matches would cost $10. The proceeds for both of these matches will go to the Blackwater Fallen Comrades Fund. I have an electronic version of the flyer with all the match information and the sign-up sheet. It looks to be a good time. Anyone interested in the match send me an email chris914 at peoplepc dot com. I will send you the information that I have.

Joe Mamma
10-01-06, 23:46
Ron Reiner told me that there would also be a shotgun side match on Saturday as well as a Night Shoot in one of the shoot houses. Each of these matches would cost $10. The proceeds for both of these matches will go to the Blackwater Fallen Comrades Fund. I have an electronic version of the flyer with all the match information and the sign-up sheet. It looks to be a good time. Anyone interested in the match send me an email chris914 at peoplepc dot com. I will send you the information that I have.

I heard the shotgun sidematch will be Saturday morning from 9-11, and the night shoot will be about 8:00 on Saturday night.

Joe Mamma

Voodoochild
10-02-06, 11:40
Is there a super noob class in 3 gun comps. It looks like it is fun and looks like everyone enjoys competeing. I have 2 out of 3 guns for the comp so I am short there but was just wondering if there was a complete idiot's class in the comps.

chris914
10-02-06, 19:05
If someone would help me with posting the flyer we could get this information out to everyone that is interested.

Voodoochild
10-02-06, 20:35
Do you want it posted here? If so then host it on fileshack.us and post it. If you want you can email it to me and I will post it for you.

Robb Jensen
10-02-06, 22:25
I heard the shotgun sidematch will be Saturday morning from 9-11, and the night shoot will be about 8:00 on Saturday night.

Joe Mamma

We won't make the sidematch but the VA Arms crew will be there Sunday for the pistol match.

Looey
10-02-06, 23:26
We won't make the sidematch but the VA Arms crew will be there Sunday for the pistol match.

What's up to all, i want to introduce my self. i am Luis but most know me as just plain looey, that's why i have that as my screen name. i work with rob at VA Arms, i am the lefty of the crew good to meet you all.
hope to see you at the match at black water.
aloha travis good to hear from you, you sound like my best frined that was in hawai for he's first tour in the Corp's, he got bored out there after the first year.

Robb Jensen
10-03-06, 07:43
Welcome Luis.

Hey M4arc they do have the scores up now for the August Blackwater match. M4arc looks like you need a little practice! ;) Dinger, you did pretty well! :D

http://www.blackwateripsc.exis.net/

John_Wayne777
10-04-06, 07:05
Ahrg!!

You are killing me here.

It's not bad enough that I already show up at BW a couple of times a year to train there, but now you have me contemplating showing up and shooting matches there!

I don't know how well I would do, seeing as how I don't have any of that fancy competition equipment......but I have a feeling I could at least turn in a respectable performance...

ETA -- I assume one can shoot multiple pistol categories, right?

u-baddog
10-04-06, 07:29

Ron's past matches at Blackwater have always been a great time. If you guys can only make one match at Blackwater Ron's match should be the one.

If your an RO/SO contact him he normaly will work a trade for fee's vs working a stage.

Thanks for the pics wish I could have been there

Blackwater Practical shooters member #005
USPSA # TY-48924

Robb Jensen
10-04-06, 07:33
Ahrg!!

You are killing me here.

It's not bad enough that I already show up at BW a couple of times a year to train there, but now you have me contemplating showing up and shooting matches there!

I don't know how well I would do, seeing as how I don't have any of that fancy competition equipment......but I have a feeling I could at least turn in a respectable performance...

JW,
You don't have to have 'fancy' equipment to compete in USPSA you just need any 'stock' type pistol (must be DA first shot). Glock, S&W M&P, SIG, XD, Beretta, CZ etc will work for Production division and any AR without optics is good for Limited with rifle. I think Brett, Luis and I were the only guys with 'Race guns' for both Limited pistol and Open in rifle.

You'll have fun.

Later,
Robb

Voodoochild
10-04-06, 08:05
Here you all go. Just right click and choose save as and then print them.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4850/blackwater1cj4.jpg

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7548/blackwater2ed4.jpg

u-baddog
10-04-06, 08:11
Ahrg!!

You are killing me here.

For a normal USPSA match its best to stick to one class. The club doesnt care what class you shoot but it slows the match down too much if people shoot more than one type of gear in the same match.

Steel Challanges are different they move faster so shooting two classes is Ok.

In regards to the race guns .
Bring what you got is the name of the game, race gear is fine but practice is really the point maker.
I shot a bone stock Sig 220 with 8rd mags for years. I did Ok enough to bring home a few Blackwater limited 10 class plaques.
Side rifle matches = Factory Oly flat top with an EO-TECH. Ive never been place 1st but its been close.

Most of the people are not using race guns.

chris914
10-09-06, 10:12
Where did the flyers go to?

Robb Jensen
10-12-06, 17:44
Where did the flyers go to?

Must be your computer. I can still see them.

chris914
10-16-06, 18:35
I guess you were right. Maybe I should spend some gun money on a new computer. Nah! If you guys want to shoot you need to mail your stuff to Ron NLT the 20th. That will give him time to get your packet to you and get you and your guest on the access list.

Robb Jensen
10-17-06, 07:22
There will be a Steel Challenge but there isn't a date set yet.

http://www.blackwateripsc.exis.net/Steel/steel_challenge_info.htm

The rules and course of fire are posted all handguns must make minor power factor and they're saying under 140PF. No factory ammo for the centerfire divisions. It'll be a blast. :D

I'll likely be shooting Production using a S&W M&P using Black Hills 147gr Subsonic.

chris914
11-03-06, 16:16
So how many of you shot the match? I know that Subzero and myself were there on Saturday. I was there on Sunday. I shot the G34 on Saturday and the 625 on Sunday. Shooting on Sunday was a whole lot easier. Knowing the layout was a plus. I was in the squad with Todd Jarrett on Saturday. The guy can shoot fast. He had a guy with him named Phil (I think) that made his fat-mag 1911 sing. All in all it was a good time had by all. I hope that Ron is able to put on this match again next year.

Robb Jensen
11-03-06, 17:44
That was Phil Strader (my old boss). He's also a Grand Master.

Here's our crew.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/competition%20pics/robb2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/competition%20pics/robb1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/competition%20pics/luisbullet.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/competition%20pics/luis3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/competition%20pics/luis2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/competition%20pics/brett3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/competition%20pics/brett2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/competition%20pics/brett.jpg

Glockster35
11-03-06, 18:17
I wonder how far away from me Blackwater's facility/range is. I might be interested in a match or two throughout the year.

M4arc
11-03-06, 20:55
There will be a Steel Challenge but there isn't a date set yet.

http://www.blackwateripsc.exis.net/Steel/steel_challenge_info.htm

The rules and course of fire are posted all handguns must make minor power factor and they're saying under 140PF. No factory ammo for the centerfire divisions. It'll be a blast. :D

I'll likely be shooting Production using a S&W M&P using Black Hills 147gr Subsonic.

November 19th

The next time you and Bonnie stay down here we should go out to dinner. I'll bring Mrs. M4arc and we'll find a place along Greenbrier to eat and have a cold one.

Robb Jensen
11-04-06, 08:46
I wonder how far away from me Blackwater's facility/range is. I might be interested in a match or two throughout the year.

According to Microsoft Map/Streets it's 3.5hrs away from you.

November 19th

The next time you and Bonnie stay down here we should go out to dinner. I'll bring Mrs. M4arc and we'll find a place along Greenbrier to eat and have a cold one.

That would be great. We'll likely be staying down there Saturday night before the Steel Challenge but we'll be getting there late. I work until 7pm and it took use 3.5hrs last time to get to Chesapeake. If you and/or Paul are shooting this match be sure to tell Terry B to squad you guys with us.

M4arc
11-04-06, 08:50
No problem, just keep it in mind.

I hope to shoot the steel challenge as well so at least I should see you at BW.

Joe Mamma
11-06-06, 17:53
So how many of you shot the match? I know that Subzero and myself were there on Saturday. I was there on Sunday. I shot the G34 on Saturday and the 625 on Sunday. Shooting on Sunday was a whole lot easier. Knowing the layout was a plus. I was in the squad with Todd Jarrett on Saturday. The guy can shoot fast. He had a guy with him named Phil (I think) that made his fat-mag 1911 sing. All in all it was a good time had by all. I hope that Ron is able to put on this match again next year.

I shot on Sunday. Actually, I shot the 2 side matches (shotgun and nighttime shoothouse) on Saturday and the main match on Sunday.

The side matches were great. But, the nighttime shoothouse match didn't get started until very late. I think they estimated a start time of 8:00 pm but, the first shooter didn't shoot until about 10:30 pm!

I really liked this match. There was a lot of shooting. I think one stage had about 40 targets.

Joe Mamma