PDA

View Full Version : James Brady Dead

Sensei
08-04-14, 13:02
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/james-brady-press-secretary-shot-assassination-attempt-81/story?id=24835830

Yeh, I bet this one gets locked before we fill the first page...

uffdaphil
08-04-14, 13:27
Mama said if you can't say something nice... But then, Jimmy Carter was her favorite POTUS. Still, I'd give Brady a couple of days to cool before giving him his due.

NWPilgrim
08-04-14, 13:38
He seemed like a nice enough guy before the shooting. After that it seemed the vulture wife and HCI cohorts exploited his good name while he was helpless to object, whether he would have we will never know. One of the most unseemly exploitations since it was only his name that gave them notoriety and they rode it for decades.

RIDE
08-04-14, 13:41
<silent>.....

montanadave
08-04-14, 13:43
Mr. Brady got shot in the head and ****ed up for life by a nut with a gun. I might not agree with many of the policies the Brady Center has advocated for, but I can't say as a fault the guy for wanting to see fewer nuts with guns.

R/Tdrvr
08-04-14, 14:40
One of the most unseemly exploitations since it was only his name that gave them notoriety and they rode it for decades.

The anti-gun types don't seem to have a problem with exploitation of tragedies (i.e. Columbine, Sandy Hook, Gabbie Giffords, Aurora, etc.).

Straight Shooter
08-04-14, 15:01
I had less of a problem with him than I did his lying, crazy ass wife. Man, I despise that bitch.

markm
08-04-14, 15:25
I had less of a problem with him than I did his lying, crazy ass wife. Man, I despise that bitch.

Kinda my thoughts too.

No.6
08-04-14, 15:41
He seemed like a nice enough guy before the shooting. After that it seemed the vulture wife and HCI cohorts exploited his good name while he was helpless to object, whether he would have we will never know. One of the most unseemly exploitations since it was only his name that gave them notoriety and they rode it for decades.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

tb-av
08-04-14, 17:15
I just hope they don't start that "we need to do it for James" BS, like they did for Ted K.. Seems like they might need another politician that's been shot in the head to take his place for that.... ... oh, wait a minute.....

I'm sorry he got shot as a person. I'm sorry he lived in a wheelchair as a person...... but politicians are not high on my sympathy list even in death. I can respect their right to think for themselves and pursue their individual happiness which may be opposite mine, but beyond that, it's simply the passage of time in a natural manner.

skydivr
08-04-14, 18:06
I have always wondered how the liberals reconciled that he worked for Reagan before he got shot and became their posterchild. Kinda reminds me of Cindy Sheehan's son (oh, and I think she finally figured out she was getting used, too...)

TriviaMonster
08-04-14, 18:10
He gave his life for the president, in the most patriotic fashion, shame his legacy will not be a positive one.

tb-av
08-04-14, 18:14
I don't believe Liberals reconcile.

CoryCop25
08-04-14, 18:14
An instructor I had in the police academy had a bumper sticker on his truck that read....

Hinkley Shot the Wrong Brady

I tend to believe that statement. It's too bad that Mr. Brady had to live like he did after he was shot.

R/Tdrvr
08-04-14, 19:33
An instructor I had in the police academy had a bumper sticker on his truck that read....

Hinkley Shot the Wrong Brady

I tend to believe that statement. It's too bad that Mr. Brady had to live like he did after he was shot.

If it was reversed then there would have been the possibility he would be like Mark Kelly and exploit his wife for the gun control cause.
Too bad his wife didn't join him though.

Honu
08-04-14, 20:24
he was doing his job ?
don't take the job then whine about the outcome of what you do ? why did he take it then surely not for the pay was he hoping to get something else out of it later on ? book deal or who knows what ?
if he was truly genuine he would not become who he did and not let his wife do what she did IMHO anyway
sad it happened but that is one dangerous job

like the guys that join military and cry about going to war saying they just wanted the free education !

montanadave
08-04-14, 20:45
Um, guys, James Brady was Reagan's press secretary. He just happened to catch a stray bullet that day, one of four people shot, including the president, by Hinckley.

Honu
08-04-14, 20:51
yup doing his job ? its a bummer but you hang out with a president things happen is my point ?
he changed his opinion it seems

no politician right or left is safe in a sense with nuts that want to do things to them maybe is what I mean
and I could be wrong but read he shifted radically ? will getting shot do that ? no idea but I doubt it with most folks I know

look at how some view Gibbs when he was with obama ? and the current idiot
IMHO you take on the target kinda thing as you are the presidents voice granted he was not the target but nuts are nuts and don't care

politicians put themselves out there sadly look at whats her name down here in Arizona and what has happened

Um, guys, James Brady was Reagan's press secretary. He just happened to catch a stray bullet that day, one of four people shot, including the president, by Hinckley.

NWPilgrim
08-04-14, 21:00

Thanks, the thread took a sharp turn to I don't know where. History is more memorable when we learn it as current events.

As his press secretary, Brady was just accompanying Reagan as he left the building and was waving to the friendly crowd and entering the limo when Hinkley opened fire. No one took a bullet for the president except by accidental proximity.

I never heard anything before the shooting that James Brady had any position on guns. Back then press secretaries just represented the president to the press and coordinated press ops, they were not policy stars and hit men as they have become. The virulent anti-gun agenda was totally Sarah and that former CIA director.

SteveS
08-04-14, 21:18
B.F.D. Did any one regognize Otis Mcdonald dies? Now he in my opinion is a real hero. A great American http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-04-06/news/ct-otis-mcdonald-obituary-met-20140406_1_gun-ban-illinois-state-rifle-association-gun-rights

SteyrAUG
08-05-14, 00:35
Mr. Brady got shot in the head and ****ed up for life by a nut with a gun. I might not agree with many of the policies the Brady Center has advocated for, but I can't say as a fault the guy for wanting to see fewer nuts with guns.

The problem is they went after the guns and guys like Hinckley were allowed to eventually leave to visit his parents, go to the movies, etc.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/12/nation/la-na-hinckley-20130413

WASHINGTON — The man who shot Ronald Reagan and three other men in 1981 has been behaving normally when he leaves the mental hospital in Washington, D.C., where he is being treated, according to Secret Service observations in newly released court documents.

John Hinckley Jr., 57, shops at Wal-Mart, Target and PetSmart during visits to his mother's home in Williamsburg, Va. One of his first stops is often a Wendy's. At home with his mother, he performs lots of chores, plays guitar and makes art. He shows few of the symptoms that led to the 1982 finding that he was insane, and therefore not guilty of attempted murder and other charges in the assassination attempt.

Hinckley has been allowed to make visits of increasing length to his mother's home since 2006. The documents released Wednesday, including mental evaluations, Secret Service surveillance transcripts and other records, detail his releases from February 2012 to January 2013. They are part of an effort by his attorneys to increase the amount of time Hinckley is allowed out of St. Elizabeth's Hospital — currently 10 days at a time.

The Secret Service transcripts show the detail in which Hinckley is observed. During random observations, agents noted whether he bought dry or canned cat food, described a McDonald's order and noted details on his clothing color and cleanliness.

The accompanying mental evaluations are similarly detailed, and note the kinds of transgressions for which Hinckley has been disciplined.

"He reported viewing and enjoying two movies when in fact he did not view the movies at all," one report states. "He was assigned treatment consequences for his actions."

SteyrAUG
08-05-14, 00:38

Yeah, don't want to say bad things about the guy, but the news is making him sound like a secret service agent who "took a bullet for the President" when the reality is he was simply one of many who got ambushed that day.

DTHN2LGS
08-05-14, 17:19
I wish there was an animation of pissing on someone's grave.

montanadave
08-05-14, 17:22

What? Did Dick Cheney die?

Moose-Knuckle
08-05-14, 17:25
It's all that succubus Jodie Foster's fault!!!!!!!

Honu
08-05-14, 18:14
I worked with the guy from Spain and he always laughed at how Americans insult

someone said something like that and he said no no no you have it all wrong don't say that
say I hope your mother is dead so I can go dig up her grave pull her out take a dump in it throw her down face first in it then piss on her back and then put a outhouse on the hole and use her headstone as step that is how you insult someone

all of us on the boat were just kinda left jaw dropped :) OK thats harsh