PDA

View Full Version : How to tell a chrome lined bore

GRJ
08-04-14, 21:39
I am looking at a barrel at that is up for sale. Seller says it is but the bore by the muzzle (because that is all i can see) is a dark grey, black color. All my ARs have chrome bores but they are like a light to medium grey and somewhat blueish. It looks different from the rest. The muzzle is dark with a shiny ring right next to the crown but then gives way to a blackish, grey bore. Has anyone seen a really dark chrome plating job before?

Col_Crocs
08-04-14, 22:03
Hard to tell from your description... Pics would really help. What barrel is it and why do you want to buy it?

GRJ
08-04-14, 22:58
I will try and get pics. I just was looking for another midlength barrel for a build.

Col_Crocs
08-04-14, 23:07
Oh ok. Not trying to be an dick but what's so special about this barrel? It seems to be of unknown origin and spec, and, with the availability of good quality barrels at very reasonable prices, it seems like a no-brainer-no-go.

GRJ
08-04-14, 23:10
You don;t sound like a dick. Seller claims it is a DD barrel. I will look it over tomorrow. I have researched DD stampings they put on barrels so if they don't match I will pass.

Col_Crocs
08-05-14, 06:48
How is he asking for it? I ask because Sionics has barrels for $189...

turnburglar
08-05-14, 07:07
If it has the proper DD markings I wouldn't worry about it. The chamber is way easier to see the chrome lining than the muzzle anyways.