PDA

View Full Version : New (Soon) Stag Arms AR 9mm carbines - G&A September 2014, pg 64

MarkB1
08-05-14, 18:24
Has anyone seen the writeup in the Guns & Ammo September 2014 issue on page 64 about the new 9mm AR carbines (left and right) that Stag is going to be coming out with? These are a new design made for the 9mm and not just adapting a standard AR to the 9mm. The last line of the article is interesting. Mark Malkowski, Stag owner and president, has said that once the 9mm carbines go into production ".40 will soon follow"!

Kain
08-05-14, 18:35
Saw the article, read it a few days ago. Meh.
Umm, may pay a bit more attention to it once review of non-preproduction models hit the dirt. I wasn't too keen on Stag sending them a rifle with unfinished parts and the basic word was that Stag wasn't finished with the design as of yet, or at least it was a good excuse to excuse the issues that arouse. Just pointing out my observation, and not saying that the final product doesn't run, but reviewing a preproduction model that doesn't run doesn't sit well with me.

Also, again my thoughts, I wasn't to keen, personally, on a proprietary lower. I understand why they went that route, but to me the idea of a 9mm AR was that I could swap parts and go to 5.56. Just my views again, and am not wanting to sound like I am assassinating the platform before it hits the market and get shaken down.

Now, I will say this, I would love to have a 9mm carbine as a fun rifle, and with Microtech arms was still afloat and pitching their pistol carbine in an AUG package that took glock mags.... that I would have liked to have and play with. After that, just want an MP5. After that.... meh, I'll keep 9mm in pistols.

MarkB1
08-15-14, 16:44
I just received an email announcing the 9mm carbines are now available from Stag to buy.

Model 9 - $990, 9L- $1025

Model 9T - $1275, 9TL - $1295

Now when you can buy the lowers and uppers separately, you can put a pistol together.

You can find them here at the bottom of the page.

https://www.stagarms.com/ar15-rifles/

Right now only complete carbines are available, no individual lowers or uppers.