PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Shows Up Intoxicated, Without Pants, On Very First day On The Job!!!

Denali
08-06-14, 14:23
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/08/06/police-teacher-found-in-classroom-intoxicated-without-pants-on-her-first-day/

A newly-hired teacher was found intoxicated and not wearing any pants inside an Oklahoma high school classroom on her first day of work, according to Wagoner police.
Police arrested Lorie Hill after two Wagoner High School teachers found her intoxicated and without pants in an empty classroom she was claiming to be her own, KOKI-TV reports. Recently hired by Wagoner Public Schools, Hill was reporting for her first day on the job as all teachers were also returning for teachers’ first day back in school from summer break.
“They didn’t know who she was, she was apparently new and was supposed to start yesterday,” Wagoner Police Chief Bob Haley told KOKI.
Wagoner Police say she admitted to drinking and authorities found an empty cup in her vehicle that contained an odor of vodka, but there was not enough evidence to prove that she commuted to work under the influence. There were no credible witnesses at her home in Claremore to prove a DUI charge, so Hill was only arrested for public intoxication.

How low this nation continues to sink will continue to depend on the contributions of reprobates like Miss Hill....

ABNAK
08-06-14, 14:41
Gotta love how they made the reach for a DUI there. :rolleyes:

But yeah, definitely an awesome hire.

RIDE
08-06-14, 14:43
The fast track to unemployment benefits.

Peshawar
08-06-14, 14:51
Alcoholism sucks. Hope she gets help.

Moose-Knuckle
08-06-14, 15:08
Wow, must have been a fun night prior . . . :jester:

fixit69
08-06-14, 15:15
We are on the highway to hell as a nation, but the kid in me has to wonder... Was she hot?

Mauser KAR98K
08-06-14, 15:38
And here I am stuck as a post undergrad with a history degree going for private sector jobs in a shitty economy, and I read this.

I know how much time and effort one has to go through (at least here in TN) to get a teaching cert., and hire. I was going to go back to get mine, but the state has changed the program that I know MUST get a masters with my license in a field that is really no my field. On top of that, pay graduate tuition and fees and add more onto my student debt ($40,000 and I am happy with it).

Then I read this...I don't think any members here know how angry I am.

SteyrAUG
08-06-14, 15:39
We are on the highway to hell as a nation, but the kid in me has to wonder... Was she hot?

That would be a firm negative.

http://www.fox23.com/news/news/police-say-wagoner-teacher-found-empty-classroom-w/ngwJ9/

11B101ABN
08-06-14, 15:48
Gotta love how they made the reach for a DUI there. :rolleyes:

But yeah, definitely an awesome hire.

What's your issue with that?

11B101ABN
08-06-14, 15:51

http://www.fox23.com/news/news/police-say-wagoner-teacher-found-empty-classroom-w/ngwJ9/

Jabba?

austinN4
08-06-14, 16:01
How do I get that image out of my head, short of suicide?

SteyrAUG
08-06-14, 16:06
How do I get that image out of my head, short of suicide?

Hours and hours of Andrew Blake films.

Honu
08-06-14, 16:11
OHHHHH jabba reference made me laugh :) I needed that this morning :) hahahaha

Big A
08-06-14, 16:40

Whoa...:bad:

She doesn't even make it into the "A little make up and in the right light" category...

fixit69
08-06-14, 16:42
And the kid in me just threw up...

TAZ
08-06-14, 16:45
Wow. If there were a Guinness book of world records for stupid she might make a run for the cover. SAD just sad.

austinN4
08-06-14, 16:45

She doesn't even make it into the "A little make up and in the right light" category...
A 6 pack wouldn't even fix that!

Moose-Knuckle
08-06-14, 16:47

:bad:

They shouldn't have called the police, they should have called animal control . . .

Sensei
08-06-14, 16:51
I'm plotting her on the Hot / Crazy Matrix. She epitomizes the no-go zone.

Ryno12
08-06-14, 16:52

Nope.

But just think of the laughing jag you'd have with your buddies in class if you'd have seen it. That's one that'd last forever... way past your 50th class reunion.

Denali
08-06-14, 17:04

Good lord, I believe I just developed Ebola of the eye's!

SeriousStudent
08-06-14, 20:19
Jabba?

It's not Jabba, it's his sister: Pizza the Hut.

Mauser KAR98K
08-06-14, 20:48
No Sally Struthers, that's my pie.

SteyrAUG
08-06-14, 22:59
It's not Jabba, it's his sister: Pizza the Hut.

You got me.

:lol:

NWPilgrim
08-06-14, 23:51
There must be another level of crime for this visage without pants: aggravated disturbance of the peace? Eye bleach assault?

ABNAK
08-06-14, 23:57
What's your issue with that?

She wasn't in a vehicle; she was sitting in a school. It was a bit of a stretch to me. PI seems appropriate as well as loss of job. Disappointed she didn't get a DUI too?

KCBRUIN
08-06-14, 23:59
When I read the story I immediately thought of the teacher from "That's my boy." Then I saw what she looked like, and almost threw up.

Caduceus
08-07-14, 00:45

I checked. **** no... About 5 f tall and the same around....

Mauser KAR98K
08-07-14, 01:08
Wonder if the kids just lied so they could have a better scenery through the rest of the year. (I know I would).

jaxman7
08-07-14, 05:10

As a guy who used to suffer tremendously from drinking I wholeheartedly agree man. It destroys way too many lives.

-Jax

williejc
08-07-14, 05:33
All jokes aside, before I retired from teaching, I saw more than one teacher come to school drunk or stoned. I had a lady principal who stayed ****ed up. Numerous teachers--male and female--got caught screwing students. Once, two teachers got caught screwing in the gym. One of our police chiefs was indicted for participating in a car theft ring. The sergeant at my school is still doing hard time for setting off a dynamite bomb in his girl friend's husband's car. Two of our high school graduates have been executed in very recent years. I could write more, but you understand when I say I worked at a tough school.

Big A
08-07-14, 07:03
A 6 pack wouldn't even fix that!

I don't think there would be enough beer in a keg!

Nope.

But just think of the laughing jag you'd have with your buddies in class if you'd have seen it. That's one that'd last forever... way past your 50th class reunion.

That or be in therapy until your 50th reunion!

J-Dub
08-07-14, 07:25

Buzz's girlfriend, WOOF! Lol yikes....must took a few gallons to get that cow hammered.

Chameleox
08-07-14, 08:19
She wasn't in a vehicle; she was sitting in a school. It was a bit of a stretch to me. PI seems appropriate as well as loss of job. Disappointed she didn't get a DUI too?

Not to me.

1. She's hammered to the point that she's sans pants with no reasonable explanation. Having worked in a college/party town for 10 years I can tell you that, problem or no problem, that takes a bit of work, and usually some time.

2. Given that a cup smelling of booze was found in her car, it follows that, at some point, she was drinking in her vehicle. Given her state of inebriation, no mention of her being found with booze in the classroom, and he fact that it's a cup and not a container in her car, I'd infer that she had been drinking in there fairly recently. I don't see whether or not an open bottle was also found in there, but it's less likely that she was sitting in her employers parking lot, filling it up and knocking it back, than it is that she would have taken her last drink with her on the road.

Where you see a stretch, I see a reasonable attempt to determine whether or not she committed a more serious offense of DUI, vs public intoxication(it doesn't sound like she was responsible for any children at that point). DUI typically means a stiffer fine or other consequences, vs an ordinance violation that she can pay and forget about. So, without trying to pin something on her that won't stick, it sounds like they exhausted an avenue of investigation. There was a thread last week or so about calling in drunk drivers, and some of us got a bit mad when it was explained that not all bad driver calls get immediately followed up on, nor result in DUI arrests. Suppose she was called in, would the caller be happy with knowing that the PO-lice at least tried to determine if she had been a threat to the public?

Big A
08-07-14, 09:01
Not to me.

1. She's hammered to the point that she's sans pants with no reasonable explanation. Having worked in a college/party town for 10 years I can tell you that, problem or no problem, that takes a bit of work, and usually some time.

2. Given that a cup smelling of booze was found in her car, it follows that, at some point, she was drinking in her vehicle. Given her state of inebriation, no mention of her being found with booze in the classroom, and he fact that it's a cup and not a container in her car, I'd infer that she had been drinking in there fairly recently. I don't see whether or not an open bottle was also found in there, but it's less likely that she was sitting in her employers parking lot, filling it up and knocking it back, than it is that she would have taken her last drink with her on the road.

Where you see a stretch, I see a reasonable attempt to determine whether or not she committed a more serious offense of DUI, vs public intoxication(it doesn't sound like she was responsible for any children at that point). DUI typically means a stiffer fine or other consequences, vs an ordinance violation that she can pay and forget about. So, without trying to pin something on her that won't stick, it sounds like they exhausted an avenue of investigation. There was a thread last week or so about calling in drunk drivers, and some of us got a bit mad when it was explained that not all bad driver calls get immediately followed up on, nor result in DUI arrests. Suppose she was called in, would the caller be happy with knowing that the PO-lice at least tried to determine if she had been a threat to the public?

Yeah, but, If she was charged with a DUI and hired an attorney it would be easy as pie to get the charge dropped. You can't prove she was DUI, you can only assume she was. Seen it plenty of times in my years as a bailiff.

J-Dub
08-07-14, 09:05
Not to me.

All she has to say is "I drank when I arrived at the school". If the Police did not observe her in control of her vehicle, a dui is a no go. That's day one stuff. You can infer and assume all you want, but that doesn't work in court, there you have to prove.

TAZ
08-07-14, 09:08
Yeah, but, If she was charged with a DUI and hired an attorney it would be easy as pie to get the charge dropped. You can't prove she was DUI, you can only assume she was. Seen it plenty of times in my years as a bailiff.

Exactly. All she has to do is say my date drove ( I shudder at that thought) and it's over. You'd figure being undressed at a school might lead to other charges, but who knows.

Chameleox
08-07-14, 09:08
Precisely. There's enough there to ask the questions, but it's short of PC. A half decent lawyer, or someone who has some experiences self representing, would easily get the charge dropped or amended to what she already got.
My point is that you can't blame them for looking at a DUI.

Chameleox
08-07-14, 09:11
All she has to say is "I drank when I arrived at the school". If the Police did not observe her in control of her vehicle, a dui is a no go. That's day one stuff. You can infer and assume all you want, but that doesn't work in court, there you have to prove.

Again, Dub, that's my point. They looked to see if they can get someone to say she left an address drunk. They couldn't, so they cut bait. But, if you have at least a reasonable suspicion that she may have driven there drunk, it's worth the time to look into it. They did, they didn't have it. But it's not a stretch to investigate.

Airhasz
08-07-14, 09:16
I'd like to see what else is on her record.
You don't just wake up one day and end up crocked in a classroom bare assed :sarcastic:

J-Dub
08-07-14, 09:32
Again, Dub, that's my point. They looked to see if they can get someone to say she left an address drunk. They couldn't, so they cut bait. But, if you have at least a reasonable suspicion that she may have driven there drunk, it's worth the time to look into it. They did, they didn't have it. But it's not a stretch to investigate.

I cant argue with that.

Big A
08-07-14, 09:36
I'd like to see what else is on her record.
You don't just wake up one day and end up crocked in a classroom bare assed :sarcastic:

You'd be surpised at the number of people who have substance abuse problems that some how manage not to get arrested. And stuff like this can manifest at any time in someone's life. It isn't always an on going problem. For all we know this could have been her first time trying hard liquor and she couldn't handle it or she could have been on prescription or illicit drugs that enhanced the effects of the alcohol.

Plus, I doubt the school board hired her without doing a background check.

Airhasz
08-07-14, 09:40
You'd be surpised at the number of people who have substance abuse problems that some how manage not to get arrested. And stuff like this can manifest at any time in someone's life. It isn't always an on going problem. For all we know this could have been her first time trying hard liquor and she couldn't handle it or she could have been on prescription or illicit drugs that enhanced the effects of the alcohol.

All good points. School must be hard up to hire her at all IMHO.

TAZ
08-07-14, 12:31

Actually, you'd be surprised at the "quality" of the background checks your local ISD runs. Nut jobs get through DoD clearance procedures from time to time. Do honestly think the district is running detailed BG on these folks.

ETA: that's assuming that she was actually a full teacher and not an aide of sorts. Those are even scarier.

Big A
08-07-14, 12:41
Actually, you'd be surprised at the "quality" of the background checks your local ISD runs. Nut jobs get through DoD clearance procedures from time to time. Do honestly think the district is running detailed BG on these folks.

Detailed? No. I would hope they at least check with their local SO or PD and have them run an NCIC check for arrests. That should be the bare minimum, but I digress...

ABNAK
08-07-14, 13:36
Not to me.

Proof of DUI was required. There wasn't any and they dropped it. Inference in a criminal case (which DUI is) doesn't, and shouldn't, meet the burden of proof. I wonder if even a family member saying she was drunk when she left would be proof enough for DUI. She could argue said family member and herself had an argument that day and they were lying. Can't prove otherwise. As someone else mentioned she was not seen in control of the vehicle so all the fishing is a moot point.

markm
08-07-14, 13:46
OHHHHH jabba reference made me laugh :) I needed that this morning :) hahahaha

Shit... I thought they were just being over the top with the mean comments.... but WOW.

Chameleox
08-07-14, 20:39
Proof of DUI was required. There wasn't any and they dropped it. Inference in a criminal case (which DUI is) doesn't, and shouldn't, meet the burden of proof. I wonder if even a family member saying she was drunk when she left would be proof enough for DUI. She could argue said family member and herself had an argument that day and they were lying. Can't prove otherwise. As someone else mentioned she was not seen in control of the vehicle so all the fishing is a moot point.
Maybe I was being vague, but my post was in reference to another that was wondering if pursuing an OWI was a stretch. I never meant to suggest that this was enough for arrest. It isn't. Look at my follow up posts. However, an inference based on what the officers apparently saw is enough to look at a possible OWI. If I was vague, I apologize. And yes, it is possible to find PC for DUI without the officers actually seeing her drive. It's not easy, and it is rare.

Moose-Knuckle
08-07-14, 20:55
If the arresting officer cannot place her behind the wheel, i.e. testify to the fact that he/she observed Pizza the Hutt operating a motor vehicle and or a witness then no DA is going to waste their limited time and resources on a Class B Misdemeanor.

Chameleox
08-07-14, 21:05
Yup. Which is why they looked for the witnesses, and ultimately couldn't get a good statement. So, as noted before, they called it off since they had no PC.
And yes, with the backlog that many DA offices have, and the many technicalities of a drunk driving case, they should throw something like that out. I'm not talking out of my rear here.

Big A
08-07-14, 21:19
If the arresting officer cannot place her behind the wheel, i.e. testify to the fact that he/she observed Pizza the Hutt operating a motor vehicle and or a witness then no DA is going to waste their limited time and resources on a Class B Misdemeanor.

I'm not sure how it works where you live but in my county (Duval, Jacksonville FL) I have seen a few easily beatable DUI's get plead out in my courtroom. (I work the 1st appearance courtroom. Everybody that got arrested from 9am this morning until 9am tomorrow will be in my courtroom.) The defendants always focus on the "I get outta jail today?" part and tend not to pay attention to the 6 months probation, license suspension and thousands of dollars in fines part.

Not being argumentative with you Moose, just stating what I've personally seen.

Moose-Knuckle
08-07-14, 21:30
I'm not sure how it works where you live but in my county (Duval, Jacksonville FL) I have seen a few easily beatable DUI's get plead out in my courtroom. (I work the 1st appearance courtroom. Everybody that got arrested from 9am this morning until 9am tomorrow will be in my courtroom.) The defendants always focus on the "I get outta jail today?" part and tend not to pay attention to the 6 months probation, license suspension and thousands of dollars in fines part.

Not being argumentative with you Moose, just stating what I've personally seen.

Oh I don't think you are being argumentative. Where I work our officers will not arrest anyone on DWI unless they can put them behind the wheel (or via witness). They will scoop them up for PI however.

ABNAK
08-07-14, 21:53
Maybe I was being vague, but my post was in reference to another that was wondering if pursuing an OWI was a stretch. I never meant to suggest that this was enough for arrest. It isn't. Look at my follow up posts. However, an inference based on what the officers apparently saw is enough to look at a possible OWI. If I was vague, I apologize. And yes, it is possible to find PC for DUI without the officers actually seeing her drive. It's not easy, and it is rare.

It was a stetch in the sense of it was a fishing expedition to find something else, something more severe. Why? Just to be a prick? She wasn't found behind the wheel so why try to fernagle a backdoor way to hang her out further?

Let's say you're shooting on private land and the owner calls the cops. You're arrested for trespassing (probably about as severe as PI). You've been had, you're guilty of trespassing. Your shooting could have caused injury to the owner or his family, but it didn't (just like her allegedly driving there drunk could have harmed someone but didn't). So, in the quest to nail you to the wall the cops want to get into your gun safe to see if any of your stuff is illegal (short barrel, FA, whatever). Judge says no way to that warrant. Was this a stretch? Of course it was. Was it "related" to shooting? Yeah, kinda. About as much as her being PI and pantless in school is "related" to possibly driving there drunk.

That is why I think it was a stretch to do nothing more than nail her fat ass to the wall even more. I think that's bullshit to even try despite the evidence that wasn't there to charge anyway.

glocktogo
08-07-14, 22:02
I checked. **** no... About 5 f tall and the same around....

At the neck no less! :fie:

montanadave
08-07-14, 22:49
Oh for ****'s sake, who hasn't shown up drunk for work without their pants?

But, damn, I hope that's mostly water bloat from the margarita salt.

Belmont31R
08-08-14, 01:49
I wonder what the percentage of is of teachers is who make it through their first 5 years are. My kids are entering 2nd grade and so far, of teachers we know, one had a mental breakdown and didn't show up for work one day. Or the day after. And just quit in essence. Another, after obtaining a masters, taught one year and quit. Wasn't for her. No idea what she's doing for a job now. The one with the breakdown got hired the next year in another district.

By far the best teachers we have had had been on the job for 10+ years and still had a lot of enthusiasm in the class. Last year we had one like that and another new teacher. The new teacher was noticeably worse in every way and I doubt she lasts. Having twins we get two teachers in the same grade every year so it's very easy for us to compare and contrast.

SteveS
08-21-14, 15:07
The fast track to unemployment benefits. UNION??? Government employee ??? Probably no one told her about wearing pants on the job. Besides another hot government employee in Texas. Yee Haa I gots to move to Texas.

lifebreath
08-22-14, 12:02

This.