PDA

View Full Version : Moving to KS (Ft Riley/Junction City/Manhattan Area)

BOOSTjunkie
08-06-14, 22:18
The great powers to be have decided to station me in the great state of KS. Im currently looking for rental properties but running into issues finding the place I want. I dont mind having a 30+ minute commute to work but would prefer to live in a more rural area. The ideal property would be a farm-ish type residence with allot of land surrounding and neighbors far enough away that I can set up a range in my backyard. Any ideas for locations or properties I should be looking at? Thanks

telecustom
08-07-14, 10:17
You should look into the Abilene or Chapman area. Nice little towns just West of FT Riley on I-70. I was at Riley from 2009-2013 and might be able to answer some questions. PM me if you want.

Linkscoach
08-07-14, 12:42
Manhattan will be expensive and it'll also be difficult to find something there this time of year. Claycenter is a possibility to the areas listed above but if I remember right it may be a little longer drive time.

BOOSTjunkie
08-08-14, 20:25
You should look into the Abilene or Chapman area. Nice little towns just West of FT Riley on I-70. I was at Riley from 2009-2013 and might be able to answer some questions. PM me if you want.

Only prob is I dont see too many rental properties in these areas...

BOOSTjunkie
08-08-14, 20:27
Manhattan will be expensive and it'll also be difficult to find something there this time of year. Claycenter is a possibility to the areas listed above but if I remember right it may be a little longer drive time.

No prob about expense... I never mind paying over BAH if its a place I want

TomD
08-09-14, 14:31
As to setting up a range on a rented property, get it in the agreement to avoid conflict later!

BOOSTjunkie
08-09-14, 22:23
if this doesnt work out ill just find me a house with a long hallway and construct a 10m indoor range :D