PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Predictions Thread

RIDE
08-07-14, 12:54
Finally!!! The NFL is back!!
This is easily my favorite time of year. I am a huge fan of the NFL, and place quite a few bets throughout the year. I follow it very very closely, down to some crazy fine details... It's my hobby I guess.

Let's see your predictions for your team or others for the year, the division the conference the the next Super Bowl, whatever.

Once the regular season starts I'll be picking some games against the spread and post them here. I invite others to do the same and see how we turn out.

I am a life long Seahawks fan, so while years (decades!) have been absolutely brutal as a hawks fan, last year was especially great! It was sugar on top that I now live in Denver and am surrounded by Bronco fans, even my wife!

My predictions for a few divisions and conferences:

Seahawks will win the NFC West and be the #2 seed in the NFC with a 12-4 record
Saints will win the NFC South and be the #1 seed in the NFC with a 13-3 record
Seahawks will beat the Saints in NO to move onto the the SB in an attempt to repeat

The Colts will win the AFC South, with ease, and be the #1 Seed in the AFC with a record of 13-3
The Pats will win the AFC East and be the #2 seed in the AFC with a record of 12-4
Broncos will win the AFC West (their division sucks, and are in for a rude awakening playing the NFC west this year) and be the #3 seed w a record of 11-5.

Lets see your predictions!

We are a house divided as they say:
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3844/14666624579_0fffd08786.jpg

C-grunt
08-07-14, 13:29
I think my Cardinals are going to give your Seahawks a run for their money.

Palmguy
08-07-14, 13:31
Nothing you predicted would surprise me, although I don't think the Saints will take the 1 seed...

I assume you meant to say you think the Broncos will go 11-5?

markm
08-07-14, 13:35

Seattle was a fluke. Another vote for Cardinals Superbowl Championship ring!

RIDE
08-07-14, 13:36
Now lets not be crazy!!! ;) Kidding , kidding.. I can see that being the case this year... AZ was the only team to beat SEA in Seattle in the past 2 full seasons. (should we talk about the ball bouncing off the turf being an interception to end that game?). Cards covered on that game, and got the W. SF looks to be taking a step back. NFC West is going to be tough again.

Nothing you predicted would surprise me, although I don't think the Saints will take the 1 seed...

I assume you meant to say you think the Broncos will go 11-5?
Correct! And thank you, anytime I can add a loss to the Bronco's I'm happy! ;)

RIDE
08-07-14, 13:37
Seattle was a fluke. Another vote for Cardinals Superbowl Championship ring!

FLUKE? C'mon now...:cool:

VIP3R 237
08-07-14, 13:47
Patriots #1 AFC Seed
Colts #2
Bengals #3
Chargers #4

Broncos WC
Steelers WC

Saints #1 NFC Seed
Seahawks #2
Green Bay #3
Eagles #4

Bears WC
Cardinals WC

I think Denver takes a huge step back after the embarrassment of the super bowl, plus they have a much harder schedule than last year (10-6). Sure they'll make the playoffs as the wild card but San Diego wins the division (11-5), and no record breaking stats this year. I think the NFC West may sweep the AFC West. The Saint may break Denver's record from last year, and face the Patriots in the SB. My Raiders climb out of the basement of the AFC West, but yet again fail to put up a winning record (7-9), but are competitive in most of their games unlike last year from a revamped roster.

skijunkie55
08-07-14, 13:51
Lions go undefeated in the preason, and only win 4 games during the regular season. No playoff chances.

markm
08-07-14, 13:52
Cardinals WC

I'll WILD CARD YOU!!!

VIP3R 237
08-07-14, 13:55
I'll WILD CARD YOU!!!

Haha as a Raiders fan I'd love a wild card!

brickboy240
08-07-14, 14:01
Come on Saints! You gotta put the Seahawks away this year.

Seahawks are a thuggish team with no class.

-brickboy240

markm
08-07-14, 14:07
Haha as a Raiders fan I'd love a wild card!

You're actually probably right. :sarcastic: Cardinals ownership is retarded.

HKGuns
08-07-14, 14:15
The Loins are going to suck.

RIDE
08-07-14, 14:16
Patriots #1 AFC Seed
Colts #2
Bengals #3
Chargers #4

Broncos WC
Steelers WC

Saints #1 NFC Seed
Seahawks #2
Green Bay #3
Eagles #4

Bears WC
Cardinals WC

I think Denver takes a huge step back after the embarrassment of the super bowl, plus they have a much harder schedule than last year (10-6). Sure they'll make the playoffs as the wild card but San Diego wins the division (11-5), and no record breaking stats this year. I think the NFC West may sweep the AFC West. The Saint may break Denver's record from last year, and face the Patriots in the SB. My Raiders climb out of the basement of the AFC West, but yet again fail to put up a winning record (7-9), but are competitive in most of their games unlike last year from a revamped roster.

Looks good!!!!

Come on Saints! You gotta put the Seahawks away this year.

Seahawks are a thuggish team with no class.

-brickboy240
You forgot "Championship" team :)

Thuggish, lacking class.. <cough><cough> Jimmy Graham <cough><cough>

Saints could do some damage this year, schedule not too bad, no major holes, something to prove, etc. I like their chances.

Airhasz
08-07-14, 14:38
Nice to see you lions fans standing behind your team :sarcastic: Go pussy Cats!

bluejackets92fs
08-07-14, 14:55
I don't know enough about other teams but I'll give my $.02 on the teams I follow.
Bengals will win the AFC North at 11-5 and stick with tradition and lose their first game in the post season.
Colts win their division with a record of 12-4 and advance to the AFC championship where they lose to Denver.
Bears will win a WC seed but lose their first game of the post season much like the Bengals.

J-Dub
08-07-14, 15:13
Tony Romo will find anyway possible to choke away another season.

Pork Chop
08-07-14, 15:22
The Loins are going to suck.

Tony Romo will find anyway possible to choke away another season.

You guys aren't really "predicting" so much as stating obvious fact. :lol:

Another fact: Packers win the Superbowl. Write it down.

WickedWillis
08-07-14, 15:23
I think it's funny how everyone thinks Denver is going to take a major step back this year. They spent $90 Million in the offseason on Defense alone. Ware, Ward, Talib, and a healthy Von Miller they are going to look completely different on defense. The offense will still be there. They lost Decker, next man up, they signed Emmanuel Sanders and drafted Cody Latimer out of Indiana who is a big, physical receiver. That being said, they have the 2nd toughest schedule in football behind Oakland. I think they will win a very good AFC west, but I think it all relies on the Defense. I have been a Broncos fan my whole life, and I lived in the Pacific Northwest until I was 11 before moving to Montana. There were more Hawks fans in MT then in Washington at that time. It makes me laugh, my brothers live in Seattle and are avid Hawks fans, and that's great, I was happy for them last year. I don't hate the Seahawks, I hate all the bandwagon fans that live in North Idaho and Eastern Washington that just became fans in the last year, it's precious. I wear my Broncos Tattoo proudly because I believe in loyalty. And I got that Tattoo when Kyle Orton was the QB.....

My predictions;

AFC
East: New England, major upgrades on both sides of the ball, coupled with one of the best QB's in history, they will have a great season.
North: Cincinnati, offense will be decent, defense is great, they should win a fairly weak north.
South: Indianapolis, ANother year under Luck's belt, improved receiver corps, better defense ideally.
West: Denver, Offense is there, Defense will be much improved, they will win a great division.

WC: Oakland: THis might be going out on a limb, but Oakland is much improved over last year on both sides, and Dennis Allen is a better coach than he gets credit for
WC: Miami: Another surprising pick to most people. The offensive line has been fixed, so have the distractions, I think Miami is going to be good.

NFC

East: Philadelphia: That Offense is scary. If the defense is improved, watch out.
North: Green Bay: The best QB in the NFL, should be healthy all year, their defense is suspect though.
South: Atlanta: Last season was a fluke, they got better on defense, and offense and should come back to 2012 form
West: San Francisco: The Niners will win the west, the best division in football.

WC: Seattle: They will still be great.
WC: Chicago: If Cutler stays healthy and the Defense can stop the ball.

Superbowl: Someone from the NFC west be it Seattle, or SF, will win this year.

brickboy240
08-07-14, 15:36
So nobody believe Johnny Football is going to revive the Browns and part the seas?

LOL

KCBRUIN
08-07-14, 15:37
Patriot's Defense with the addition of Revis and Browner will finally be able to get off the field on 3rd down, which means Brady gets the ball more, and there's less pressure to score every drive. Pats win it all.

WickedWillis
08-07-14, 15:39
Patriot's Defense with the addition of Revis and Browner will finally be able to get off the field on 3rd down, which means Brady gets the ball more, and there's less pressure to score every drive. Pats win it all.

Very good possibility if Revis can stay healthy.

RIDE
08-08-14, 16:16
What I learned from last nights SEA vs DEN game....

Terrell Pryor (3rd string QB) has athletic talent, but is sans brain.
Seahawks better hope Marshawn Lynch stays healthy and powerful, otherwise without a threat to run, SEA is in for a loooong year.
Paul Richardson could make for a pretty good WR this year and years to come.

DEN's D is a whole lots better than last year
DEN's offensive line has some significant depth.

Looking forward to game 1 of the real games!

BoringGuy45
08-09-14, 00:14
My predictions for this year:

AFC Division Winners:

Patriots
Broncos
Colts
Ravens

Wild Cards:

Jets
Steelers

WC Round:

Colts over Steelers
Ravens over Jets

Divisional:

Patriots over Ravens
Colts over Broncos

Championship:

Patriots over Colts

NFC Division Winners:

Seahawks
Packers
Saints
Eagles

Wild Cards:

49ers
Cardinals

WC Round:

49ers over Eagles
Saints over Cardinals

Divisional Round:

49ers over Seahawks
Packers over Saints

Championship:

49ers over Packers

Super Bowl XLIX:

In a very close, defensive game, Tom Brady will do what he did in his early career and lead the game winning drive, scoring a touchdown at the very last minute, making the final score Patriots 23, 49ers 20

I hate the Patriots with a passion, so this isn't just a homer prediction. They keep knocking on the door year after year, and one of these years before Brady walks off they're going to do it. With a revamped defense this year, they're looking like they could be the kind of team they were 10 years ago.

ralph
08-09-14, 08:03
So nobody believe Johnny Football is going to revive the Browns and part the seas?

LOL

No,I figure the Browns will come out swinging during the pre-season, and beat everybody they play. The real season starts, and Johnny Football get his ass handed to him, and is out for the rest of the season. The team then struggles to win maybe 6 games, and end the season in last place, squalling that they need a quarterback. Johnny Football gets traded, and goes on to win the superbowl the next season....

montanadave
08-09-14, 08:52
No,I figure the Browns will come out swinging during the pre-season, and beat everybody they play. The real season starts, and Johnny Football get his ass handed to him, and is out for the rest of the season. The team then struggles to win maybe 6 games, and end the season in last place, squalling that they need a quarterback. Johnny Football gets traded, and goes on to win the superbowl the next season....

Or he ends up on a Dish commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sypZwmxePE4

sandman99and9
08-09-14, 12:15
There is 1 pick and only 1 pick for the Super Bowl .................

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr147/sandman99and9/oakland-raiders-logo.png (http://s478.photobucket.com/user/sandman99and9/media/oakland-raiders-logo.png.html)

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr147/sandman99and9/Raidernation.gif (http://s478.photobucket.com/user/sandman99and9/media/Raidernation.gif.html)

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr147/sandman99and9/Raiders.jpg (http://s478.photobucket.com/user/sandman99and9/media/Raiders.jpg.html)

Silver and Black forever !!!

S.M.

RIDE
08-09-14, 12:29

S.M.

I like your enthusiasm Sandman, but the Raiders should probably focus on going .500 before sizing any superbowl rings.
;)
:P

VIP3R 237
08-09-14, 13:21
I like your enthusiasm Sandman, but the Raiders should probably focus on going .500 before sizing any superbowl rings.
;)

Im a die-hard Raiders fan as well but i just dont see the Raiders having a winning season much less the playoffs this year. Too tough of a schedule and no real QB doesnt bold well for my guys in Silver and Black.

sandman99and9
08-09-14, 16:42
We have the most dysfunctional ownership ever !!! We need our own stadium to play football in.

How many great players have we had over the years ? SMH, but I still love those Raiders.

Just win baby :)

S.M.

sandman99and9
08-09-14, 16:45
I have lived in Florida almost my entire life but I can't stand the teams down here. I am the oddball here even in college season since I love Notre Dame football !!

So many delusional Dolphins fans around here it drives me crazy. Almost as many Bucs fans and we won't even mention that team up in Jacksonville.....

S.M.

RIDE
09-04-14, 13:40
OK... I have 10 cookies I'm starting with going into the season. This week, I'm taking the following games.

SEA -5.5 for 1 cookie
SD -3.5 for 2 cookies
PHI -10 for 1 cookie
Jets -5 for 1 cookie

Singlestack Wonder
09-04-14, 16:38
The Cincinnati Bungals will not win the Super Bowl (ever)....

Voodoochild
09-04-14, 16:40
The Cowboys will not win their division and will not have a winning record.

Voodoochild
09-04-14, 16:41

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr147/sandman99and9/oakland-raiders-logo.png (http://s478.photobucket.com/user/sandman99and9/media/oakland-raiders-logo.png.html)

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr147/sandman99and9/Raidernation.gif (http://s478.photobucket.com/user/sandman99and9/media/Raidernation.gif.html)

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr147/sandman99and9/Raiders.jpg (http://s478.photobucket.com/user/sandman99and9/media/Raiders.jpg.html)

S.M.

I think you meant to put the Steelers logo and 6 super bowl trophies up there. But I hope the kid out of Buffalo you guys drafted kicks ass this year. I predict he will be better than clowney.

Ryno12
09-04-14, 20:49
I guess it's time for my annual avatar change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

montanadave
09-04-14, 21:46
I guess it's time for my annual avatar change.

You sure about that?

Ryno12
09-04-14, 22:00
You sure about that?

I stick by the Green and Gold through thick and thin but yeah, they're not lookin' so hot at the moment. If it's any consolation, at least Wilson was a Badger.

How's Montana's team looking this year? ;)

montanadave
09-04-14, 22:44
I stick by the Green and Gold through thick and thin but yeah, they're not lookin' so hot at the moment. If it's any consolation, at least Wilson was a Badger.

Unlike your Packers, the Battlin' Bears of Rocky Mountain College are off to a 1-0 start! :neo:

Belmont31R
09-04-14, 22:48
Greenbay fan here but just a continuation of last year with questionable play calls, and starting a rookie center in SEA.

VIP3R 237
09-04-14, 23:10
Seattle may be faster and more physical than last year. That is a scary thought my friends.

MountainRaven
09-05-14, 00:06

Montana doesn't have a team.

Our men are too busy turning animals into food this time of year to bother with slapping each other on their asses, after coming out of a room where they were all naked together, to even bother with a team.

My prediction? Washington Redskins win the Superbowl. Why? Because f___ you, that's why.

;)

Palmguy
09-05-14, 06:49
I have lived in Florida almost my entire life but I can't stand the teams down here. I am the oddball here even in college season since I love Notre Dame football !!

So many delusional Dolphins fans around here it drives me crazy. Almost as many Bucs fans and we won't even mention that team up in Jacksonville.....

S.M.

Booo.

Greenbay fan here but just a continuation of last year with questionable play calls, and starting a rookie center in SEA.

Also a GB fan (by proxy/marriage)......it's not like they started him by choice; Tretter has a fractured knee.

chuckman
09-05-14, 08:48

Well, in Green Bay's defense ("Green Bay's defense" Ha! That's funny right there!), half the field was unavailable for Rodgers, the Seattle defense was very fast, the GB O line was porous from injuries and shuffling. GB will have a good team this year, but last night they play one of the best of not THE best team in the NFL.

My dad's family in is northern Wi, and I remember suffering through some bad, very bad, seasons in the 80s. This year will be OK.

montanadave
09-05-14, 09:01
My prediction? Washington Redskins win the Superbowl. Why? Because f___ you, that's why.

;)

Clear. Concise. Supported by incontrovertible evidence and impeccable logic. Well done. I think we're done here.

WickedWillis
09-05-14, 10:30

I don't think the center looked all that bad. He did play at Ohio State so he's seen some really hostile locations, Michigan, etc. The turning point of the game really was when Bulaga went down. That opened up the floodgates for Seattle to get into the backfield. Plus, even when he had time, Rodgers really didn't look as sharp as he usually does.

MountainRaven
09-05-14, 13:19
Clear. Concise. Supported by incontrovertible evidence and impeccable logic. Well done. I think we're done here.

I accept your praise and proclaim you to be among the ranks of the Awakened: For my internet logic is utterly unimpeachable. (It's all open source, research it yourself.)

montanadave
09-05-14, 13:34
I accept your praise and proclaim you to be among the ranks of the Awakened: For my internet logic is utterly unimpeachable. (It's all open source, research it yourself.)

I fear you may have confused my sincerity with sarcasm. :laugh:

montanadave
09-07-14, 19:08
The Cowboys will not win their division and will not have a winning record.

You're off to a fantastic start.

montanadave
09-07-14, 19:26
It's Sunday Night Football. And I still miss Faith Hill. :cray:

Belmont31R
09-08-14, 01:19
Julius Thomas projected me into second place in my FF league...;)

Palmguy
09-08-14, 06:53
It's Sunday Night Football. And I still miss Faith Hill. :cray:

Even though NBC upgraded to Carrie Underwood?

montanadave
09-08-14, 07:23
Even though NBC upgraded to Carrie Underwood?

Upgraded?

Pork Chop
09-08-14, 07:37
Upgraded?

I'm with Dave. Carrie Underwood is gorgeous, but Faith Hill not only brought sexy, she ROCKED THAT SHIT OUT! Carrie, while nice to look at, brings country. Country doesn't "Rock". It can, mind you, (I still miss Hank Williams Jr. on Monday night) but not the variety she brings.

Truth be told, I preferred Pink's version to Ms. Underwood's, minus the eye candy.

chuckman
09-08-14, 07:47
The Panthers clutched a victory from the jaws of defeat. I thought they were gonna lose the opener like they lost the last couple, in the final minute on the final play. Good game by back up QB.

Palmguy
09-08-14, 07:47
I'm with Dave. Carrie Underwood is gorgeous, but Faith Hill not only brought sexy, she ROCKED THAT SHIT OUT! Carrie, while nice to look at, brings country. Country doesn't "Rock". It can, mind you, (I still miss Hank Williams Jr. on Monday night) but not the variety she brings.

Truth be told, I preferred Pink's version to Ms. Underwood's, minus the eye candy.

Was speaking strictly from an, um, aesthetic point of view. Not that there's anything wrong with Faith Hill...

Ryno12
09-08-14, 08:03

Same here. Faith did it better than Carrie.
Although I'm probably in the minority here, I'd ultimately prefer to have Joan Jett perform it.

montanadave
09-08-14, 09:55
Same here. Faith did it better than Carrie.
Although I'm probably in the minority here, I'd ultimately prefer to have Joan Jett perform it.

If Joan Jett wants to sing while Faith Hill struts the stage in a mini skirt and thigh high hooker boots, well, I'm cool with that.

Onyx Z
09-08-14, 14:56
I predict that Ray Rice will be cut by the Ravens and suspended indefinitely:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11489134/baltimore-ravens-cut-ray-rice-new-video-surfaces

The_War_Wagon
09-08-14, 15:37
Same here. Faith did it better than Carrie. Although I'm probably in the minority here, I'd ultimately prefer to have Joan Jett perform it.

Three lemons. :rolleyes: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/three-lemon-slot-machine-22981921.jpg

HANK... or GO HOME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K8LLKO0-PAE

docsherm
09-08-14, 16:06
I predict that the Cowboys are going to strive to be mediocre.......yet again.........:mad:

Not a difficult prediction but spot on.........

VIP3R 237
09-08-14, 16:09
I predict that the Cowboys are going to strive to be mediocre.......yet again.........:mad:

Not a difficult prediction but spot on.........

If you want to talk about mediocre, my Raiders didn't break 100 offensive yards until the 4th quarter, yet the punter had over 400 yards...

Ryno12
09-09-14, 20:23
Unlike your Packers, the Battlin' Bears of Rocky Mountain College are off to a 1-0 start! :neo:

Some of us deal with disappointment better than others.

http://youtu.be/Fzh1eknXpDg

(Oldie but a goodie).

MBtech
01-23-15, 12:58
Superbowl XLIX bump!

I hope the footballs are inflated properly :sarcastic:

WickedWillis
01-23-15, 13:06
Patriots and Seahawks, I called that one going into the season.

MBtech
01-23-15, 13:25
Patriots and Seahawks, I called that one going into the season.

I actually changed the channel at the last of Seahawks game and went back and was like holy shit wtf! What a comeback!

WickedWillis
01-23-15, 13:28
I actually changed the channel at the last of Seahawks game and went back and was like holy shit wtf! What a comeback!

I hate them both so much, the Superbowl is just a lose-lose for me haha.

MBtech
01-23-15, 13:35
I hate them both so much, the Superbowl is just a lose-lose for me haha.

Talk about lose-lose, I'm a Colts fan! They got their asses handed to them, then all the BS about underinflated footballs. :fie:

WickedWillis
01-23-15, 13:38
Talk about lose-lose, I'm a Colts fan! They got their asses handed to them, then all the BS about underinflated footballs. :fie:

It's okay, your Colts knocked my Broncos out of the playoffs. I was completely hoping the Colts were going to beat New England. I turned that game off early. No one can be shocked the Patriots are caught in another cheating scandal though lol. I was in Denver week one for my very first Broncos game (been a fan for 20 years) against the Colts.

MBtech
01-23-15, 13:49
It's okay, your Colts knocked my Broncos out of the playoffs. I was completely hoping the Colts were going to beat New England. I turned that game off early. No one can be shocked the Patriots are caught in another cheating scandal though lol. I was in Denver week one for my very first Broncos game (been a fan for 20 years) against the Colts.

I want my Manning back!!! I still route for him.

WickedWillis
01-23-15, 14:00

There were TONS of people with Manning jerseys that were half Colts-half Broncos. They were pretty cool. I'll trade you Manning for Luck, straight up. If you want to continue, I'll call Elway and tell him what I did.

MBtech
01-23-15, 14:11
There were TONS of people with Manning jerseys that were half Colts-half Broncos. They were pretty cool. I'll trade you Manning for Luck, straight up. If you want to continue, I'll call Elway and tell him what I did.

LOL, that's good stuff man, I need to look for some of those jerseys. Luck is growing on me, I just hated to see Manning go, been Colts fan my whole life, grew up in Indiana. My son's middle name is Peyton :cool:

We really didn't name him after Manning, but I tease him about it :)

AKDoug
01-23-15, 16:39
As a Seahawks fan since 1979... I am a happy guy. I was not happy for 56 minutes of football, but that last 4 minutes sure was fantastic. They will not be able to play like that again, or the Patriots are going to eat them alive.

MBtech
01-23-15, 16:59
As a Seahawks fan since 1979... I am a happy guy. I was not happy for 56 minutes of football, but that last 4 minutes sure was fantastic. They will not be able to play like that again, or the Patriots are going to eat them alive.

I wish I wouldn't have changed the channel, that was story book.

VIP3R 237
01-23-15, 17:38
I think it'll be a close game. My gut is that Patriots win it, but you can't clint out Seattle as they just find ways to win. I don't think we'll see another shellacking like Denver last year.

Eurodriver
01-23-15, 19:18
I'm just going to say it like this.

RIDE was on point with his predictions. Wow!

VIP3R 237
01-23-15, 19:58
But I hope the kid out of Buffalo you guys drafted kicks ass this year. I predict he will be better than clowney.

You called it! Mack should win droy with the way he played, he'll be a pro bowl stud for years!

Belmont31R
01-24-15, 02:37

I was rooting for Denver last year but I think Manning is done. The last few games I saw him in were not good in any capacity. Last year was his last big chance.

And Wilson is way over rated. His team has a lot of energy and he's had the number 1 D two years in a row. Their win against GB was just one of those games where the better team ****ed up and lost. The onside kick should have ended it. Just pure dumb chance where one play changed the game.

chuckman
01-24-15, 05:47
Wilson is a good QB. What, best passer rating in post-season of all time or something like that? And he is going to get better. That said, I do not care for him, and I do not like the Seahawks. And I loathe the Pats. Football season is over...time to watch NCAA bball.

MBtech
01-24-15, 11:54
I was rooting for Denver last year but I think Manning is done. The last few games I saw him in were not good in any capacity. Last year was his last big chance.

And Wilson is way over rated. His team has a lot of energy and he's had the number 1 D two years in a row. Their win against GB was just one of those games where the better team ****ed up and lost. The onside kick should have ended it. Just pure dumb chance where one play changed the game.

Unfortunately I have to agree, I just wish Manning could have finished out his career in Indy.

ForTehNguyen
02-03-15, 19:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E613YAIlM2Y

WickedWillis
02-04-15, 11:21
The Superbowl was a lose-lose for me personally. I hate to see Tom Brady win another one, because it's now really hard to argue that he's not the greatest Quarterback in the history of the game. On the other hand, it is going to be nice to see all of these obnoxious bandwagon Seahawks fans fall off in my area. The older fans are great, but these new ones are horrible.

Eurodriver
02-04-15, 21:18
I had no dog in that fight, but I agree with what you said Willis. The new breed of Seahawks fans ("I've been a Die Hard Fan since 2013!") are annoying, and Tom Brady jumping up and down after the 4th quarter interception just confirmed to me that he is a 10 year old boy inside who's never known anything other than football in his entire life.

With that said, Seattle was the better team. When I saw 20 seconds left, 1 timeout, and Seattle on the 1 yard line I was like "Okay, they're gonna hand it to Marshawn Lynch and call it a day. Game over"

Pete Carroll lost that game, not the Seahawks.

ForTehNguyen
02-04-15, 22:30
They were probably saving their final time out for a 4th down. With 20 sec left they could pass on 2nd down and if its incomplete no biggie, stop the clock. With clock stopped on 3rd down you can try a run, then use a timeout to have a clock stopped for 4th down. But if you watch the play again Butler read Wilson like a book and instantly knew who he was going to pass to. One guy suddenly becomes open on the snap and Butler zeroed in on him.

On the other hand, it is going to be nice to see all of these obnoxious bandwagon Seahawks fans fall off in my area. The older fans are great, but these new ones are horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbIR51_J_qY

http://i.imgur.com/iPTQcLQ.jpg

http://www.sportsmemes.net/pics/7686.jpg

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAhfO9wCAAArzVH.jpg:large

MBtech
02-04-15, 22:50
Thanks for putting together a good laugh :jester:

ralph
02-05-15, 07:19
In other news.. I see Cleveland's splash in the pan, Johnny Football, has recently checked into rehab...Sometimes I think Art Model had the right idea..

Pork Chop
02-05-15, 07:30
In other news.. I see Cleveland's splash in the pan, Johnny Football, has recently checked into rehab...Sometimes I think Art Model had the right idea..

That kid is the most arrogant waste of a uniform I've ever seen. When they drafted him and he walked on stage rubbing his thumb and fingers together they should've immediately changed their mind and forfeited that draft slot. I hate to say it, but I am enjoying watching him fail. He is everything that is wrong with professional athletes today and a pathetic excuse for a role model. He'll be the next Ryan Leaf and we'll read about him in 10-15 years when he goes to prison or is found in a motel room.

ralph
02-05-15, 09:29
That kid is the most arrogant waste of a uniform I've ever seen. When they drafted him and he walked on stage rubbing his thumb and fingers together they should've immediately changed their mind and forfeited that draft slot. I hate to say it, but I am enjoying watching him fail. He is everything that is wrong with professional athletes today and a pathetic excuse for a role model. He'll be the next Ryan Leaf and we'll read about him in 10-15 years when he goes to prison or is found in a motel room.

I couldn't agree with you more... His performance this year was pitiful... He certainly didn't live up to all the hype..I'd like to see him traded ASAP..

ForTehNguyen
02-06-15, 14:44
thats why he fell down so far in the draft, no one wanted him...except Browns LOL