PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell my Bushmasters?

1911pro
06-12-08, 20:48
Well I have been lurking on this great site and finely desided to join. I have desided to become serious about my guns and training. I joined GTA and would like to thank Grant from G and R Tactical for his time and knowledge. I have a LMT patrol for my go to gun and love it. I also have a LMT upper and a Bushy lower for my backup gun. Then there are the Bushy A2 patrolman and the postban Dissipator A2 solid stock.( I know it seemed cool at the time.) Would you guys sell them for one Colt, LMT, or Noveski? Maybe I could use the lowers for custom builds. If I do this LMT's LPK seems to push the price up soit is not worth it. I had no idea how lacking the Bushys are from the factory. I would like to be able to trust my life to all my ar15s. What would you do? Thanks!

Warrior
06-12-08, 21:13
Well I have been lurking on this great site and finely desided to join. I have desided to become serious about my guns and training. I joined GTA and would like to thank Grant from G and R Tactical for his time and knowledge. I have a LMT patrol for my go to gun and love it. I also have a LMT upper and a Bushy lower for my backup gun. Then there are the Bushy A2 patrolman and the postban Dissipator A2 solid stock.( I know it seemed cool at the time.) Would you guys sell them for one Colt, LMT, or Noveski? Maybe I could use the lowers for custom builds. If I do this LMT's LPK seems to push the price up soit is not worth it. I had no idea how lacking the Bushys are from the factory. I would like to be able to trust my life to all my ar15s. What would you do? Thanks!

Sell your bushies and take some training classes. ;)

LIL-COMMANDO
06-12-08, 23:19
Well if you sell your Bush I bet you wont come away with more then you spent but instead you will lose money. Bushies dont have great resale value but if you have the extra cash get what you can for the bush and purchase a Colt or LMT for the new replacement.

If I was given a Bush for Free it would be up for sale that same minute.:eek:

Sandman751
06-12-08, 23:37
Those damn Bushies sure have been taking a beating lately. LOL! The sad thing is that they could probably put out a great rifle if they only got their QC squared away and went to 1/7 barrels. Sometimes it shocks me that Magpul went into a business venture with Bushmater.

Scooter-PIE
06-13-08, 00:49
What is your rationale for selling the Bushmaster? Since you already own them, you should know whether your rifles are functional or not? Is it just the LMT "cool-factor?" :) My suggestion would be to skip spending money on the superficial "cool-factor" and get some real cool: upgrade your trigger, get a better barrel, etc. Those are things you will actually notice.

In short, the upper and lower are not all that important as long as they are in spec: Bushmaster, LMT, whatever. The quality of your gun will be determined by what is inside: barrel, BCG, and trigger mostly. For me, it's cheaper and more fun to upgrade and customize what you have.

One tip I have learned: the Wylde chamber is absolutely fantastic. It gives you the best combination of accuracy and reliability. So, if you decide to upgrade your barrel consider a Wylde chamber.

Best wishes,
Scott

Patrick Aherne
06-13-08, 00:55
We have twelve Bushmasters in issue as patrol rifles at my department. As parts wear I replace them; I replace the extractor spring and insert with Bravo Company parts and drive on. Just two days ago, officers depended on my choices with their lives in responding to a home invasion robbery; every rifle worked as intended.

If you have a Bushmaster that works, be happy and contented. We, as in my agency, have a number that are north of 10k rounds without problems. However, if I had to do it again, I would buy LMT.

Bushmasters run fine if you run good ammo and maintan them properly.

Patrick Aherne
06-13-08, 01:01
I must reply to the Wylde chamber issue as referenced above. Who gives a flying fahrvergnugen about accuracy at 200 yards and in? If your job is putting down bad guys at 200 yards and in, 5.56mm NATO chambering is the way to go.

Keep in mind, I have a wylde chamber on my personal AR, but it's not for work or serious purposes.

I am tempted to say things that violate the Ten Commandments about how stupid a wylde chamber is compared to a NATO chamber on a real fighting rifle. Please, Lord, let me forgive the stupid people.

Patrick Aherne
06-13-08, 01:04
Well if you sell your Bush I bet you wont come away with more then you spent but instead you will lose money. Bushies dont have great resale value but if you have the extra cash get what you can for the bush and purchase a Colt or LMT for the new replacement.

If I was given a Bush for Free it would be up for sale that same minute.:eek:

I am not a fan, per se, of Bushmaster, but dumb is dumb. Bushmasters, in my experience of multiple, as in north of 50k rounds, work if you sake the carrier key and replace the extractor spring.

Scooter-PIE
06-13-08, 01:07
Ummm, I hunt with my ARs....sorry I'm a semi-auto rifle toting fella. So, I care about accuracy and reliability at 200+ I hope that doesn't "out" me :)

1911pro
06-14-08, 07:28
I have about $720. 00 in the Dissipator and about $850.00 in the Patrolman. I am looking at about $160 just for an LMT LPK kit. Barrel about $300 or more for a Noveski light. I also need to go from A2 upper to A3 at about $100. an upper. I am starting to think even with the hit that I will take on selling,it might be the better option.