PDA

View Full Version : H.R. 5344 Body Armor Ban?

Jellybean
08-08-14, 22:10
Ran across this from AR500 armor on Fartbook.

Looking for more info.
Is this for real?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-hr-5344-banning-responsible-law-abiding-citizens-owning-body-armor/GNrBKFrF

RMiller
08-08-14, 22:21
Yea, that makes sense.....

Ban the one thing that'll protect them liberal selves from us crazy criminal gun owners......

Ned Christiansen
08-08-14, 22:29
I'd like to suggest they add wording that also makes it illegal, should gunfire erupt, to get down behind something that will stop bullets. Just seems like a logical and sensible extension of what they propose. None of it will apply to them of course-- that would just be wrong.

jpmuscle
08-08-14, 22:32
Our government is stupid...

RMiller
08-08-14, 22:37
And I'm sure there will be a little exception for political leaders, etc.

AR 500 makes a good affordable product. They have a great stake in this, their main market is civilian, no doubt.

jpmuscle
08-08-14, 22:41
And I'm sure there will be a little exception for political leaders, etc.

AR 500 makes a good affordable product. They have a great stake in this, their main market is civilian, no doubt.
I could a rebranding of sorts to start selling 10-12 multi-curve coated targets...

Its not body armor, obviously.

RMiller
08-08-14, 22:44
I could a rebranding of sorts to start selling 10-12 multi-curve coated targets...

Its not body armor, obviously.

And they'll just happen to sell them with multicam target carriers :rolleyes:

RIDE
08-08-14, 22:46
And they'll just happen to sell them with multicam target carriers :rolleyes:

You mean "carrying cases" right?
;)

RMiller
08-08-14, 22:51
Yup, with padded carry handles. :)

;)

RIDE
08-08-14, 22:52
Haha! That's good stuff!

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-08-14, 23:16
;)

Yup, with padded carry handles. :)

Ergonomic carriers, don't want to hurt your back.

"Why no officer, these are weights to help tone my legs and increase my vertical leap..."

We have a law in CO, IIRC, that body armor is illegal to wear during the commission of a violent crime- or something like that.

Leave it to progressives to take the individual freedom of self-protection away from us.

RIDE
08-08-14, 23:28
We have a law in CO, IIRC, that body armor is illegal to wear during the commission of a violent crime- or something like that.

You'd think the fact that violent crime is already illegal would stop bad guys from doing it.

Weird

jpmuscle
08-08-14, 23:34
Ergonomic carriers, don't want to hurt your back.

"Why no officer, these are weights to help tone my legs and increase my vertical leap..."

Leave it to progressives to take the individual freedom of self-protection away from us.
Wait illegal for the perp or victim to wear during the commission of said crime? Libs make it all so confusing....

BoringGuy45
08-08-14, 23:53
It's very obvious. A lot of people want a dictatorship. They want to be enslaved. That's the only explanation I can think of for wanting to be defenseless.

Todd00000
08-09-14, 00:16
It's very obvious. A lot of people want a dictatorship. They want to be enslaved. That's the only explanation I can think of for wanting to be defenseless.

Absolutely. I used to think college kids wearing Che Guevara t-shirts were idiots, but now I take them at face value that they favor the mass killing of those that oppose their views.

jpmuscle
08-09-14, 01:26
I've always attributed it to the fallibility of the human condition. But Yea, I think your spot on. It's simply the intellectual and moral weakness of our species being reflected in sociocultural terms.

Magic_Salad0892
08-09-14, 01:50
wat..

jpmuscle
08-09-14, 02:10
wat..
Humans suck basically lol

Irish
08-09-14, 02:23
Brilliant.

"This bill will keep military body armor out of the wrong hands," Honda said. "It would ensure that only law enforcement, firefighters and other first responders would be able to access enhanced body armor."

"We're not talking about just a standard bullet-proof vest," he said. "We're talking about body armor that is designed for warfare, designed to protect against law enforcement ammunitions."
Hey ****wad, military armor isn't designed to protect against "LE ammo" whatever the **** that means. Military guys fight bad people overseas, not CONUS police. There is no such thing as LE ammo you dumb****.

Magic_Salad0892
08-09-14, 02:26
That seems like a vehicle to ban certain types of ammunition based on their use in LE circles.

jesuvuah
08-09-14, 04:30
How exactly do you ban armor. One could simply take a piece of good steel and duck tape it to their chest.

jpmuscle
08-09-14, 05:12
Brilliant.

Hey ****wad, military armor isn't designed to protect against "LE ammo" whatever the **** that means. Military guys fight bad people overseas, not CONUS police. There is no such thing as LE ammo you dumb****.
I found the firefighter point to be rich as well. I distinctly remember rolling up to the occasional house fire in full bunker gear and SCBA and thinking yup, I wish I had level 4 plates on as well....

I think that quoting makes better sense if you just accept the premise that we the people are the enemy in their eyes.

How exactly do you ban armor. One could simply take a piece of good steel and duck tape it to their chest.

Their politicians.. They actually believe writing words on paper can stop people from doing things in the real world.

Crow Hunter
08-09-14, 08:06
Brilliant.

The LE Ammo is probably in a companion bill.

It probably bans any ammo that can kill someone.

TAZ
08-09-14, 08:50
It's a Kalifornia proposal so what do you expect from those idiots?

Why would there be a White House petition to stop this? It's a state law proposal.

All these effing petitions to the White House are meaningless.

Jellybean
08-09-14, 09:33

Why would there be a White House petition to stop this? It's a state law proposal.

Thanks for the info- that's what I was interested in- whether this was another full retard national attempt to ban stuff, or local law.
Of course, as we all know, Kali is the most socially progressive of all our great states, and we must follow their example for our own good... ;)

You know that, and I know that....
But I mean, what can it hurt? It's kind of like voting. Not going to solve a damn thing, but at least however many years down the road when people say "WTF happened" you get to at least say "well, *I* tried...."

No.6
08-09-14, 10:38

Correction: It's a US House of Representatives proposed law, not California.

ETA: Mike Honda is the California District 17 (Silicon Valley) Representative.

Mauser KAR98K
08-09-14, 13:53
What chance does this have passing?

Magic_Salad0892
08-09-14, 14:00

Somewhere between 0% and 1%.

PatrioticDisorder
08-09-14, 14:18

I'm glad it was brought to people's attention. These ****wads will not stop in their relentless pursuit of tyranny... I hope after the 2016 elections those who believe in freedom can start taking our country back and get on the offensive instead of being on the defensive, it's getting old.

ptmccain
08-09-14, 14:20
Good God, how depressing that any government officials would be so STUPID as to deny civilians the ability to defend themselves in this way.

I'm sorry, but I well and truly hate these moronic liberal idots.

jpmuscle
08-09-14, 14:34
Good God, how depressing that any government officials would be so STUPID as to deny civilians the ability to defend themselves in this way.

I'm sorry, but I well and truly hate these moronic liberal idots.
To defend themselves from the morons who come up with this crap I might add...

Moose-Knuckle
08-09-14, 19:22
Brilliant.

"This bill will keep military body armor out of the wrong hands," Honda said. "It would ensure that only law enforcement, firefighters and other first responders would be able to access enhanced body armor."

"We're not talking about just a standard bullet-proof vest," he said. "We're talking about body armor that is designed for warfare, designed to protect against law enforcement ammunitions."

Allow me to interpret that one for you . . .

. . . "designed to protect against law enforcement ammunitions"

What they're saying here is that they do not want us lowly serfs to have the means in which to protect ourselves from gunfire from Federal troops; i.e. Waco & Ruby Ridge. This has nothing to do with the local crack dealer up arming and going to war with his local PD but everything to do with an unarmed and defenseless useless eater class.

Eurodriver
08-09-14, 21:04

This isn't about getting criminals to stop wearing body armor. This is about making all people who wear body armor criminals.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-10-14, 00:14
This isn't about getting criminals to stop wearing body armor. This is about making all people who wear body armor criminals.

Stick. Bear. Poke.

wildcard600
08-10-14, 00:46

And that, sums it up perfectly.

No.6
08-10-14, 07:45

Stick. Bear. Poke.

And that, sums it up perfectly.

You guys do realize that in the eyes of the current government that we're all already criminals. We support the Constitution, we exercise our 1st Amendment Rights as well as our 2nd Amendment Rights, we conspire by voicing our distrust of the government on forums, and I'm sure with all the obscure laws that are currently on the books (or in process of being "put on the books"), that many of us are unwitting felons.

ETA: My NSA file just grew again today.

SteveS
08-10-14, 14:58
Our government is stupid...
The people who elect and allow the government are stupid

jpmuscle
08-10-14, 17:50
The people who elect and allow the government are stupid
Touché indeed.

Jellybean
09-06-14, 21:04
Figured I'd bring this back up- what's going on with this?

MorphCross
09-06-14, 21:09
Figured I'd bring this back up- what's going on with this?

From https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr5344

Prognosis
7% chance of getting past committee.
2% chance of being enacted.

Magic_Salad0892
09-07-14, 08:42
It'd be funny to see the opposition say "Poor Trayvon Martin would've been saved, if he'd been wearing body armor that night..."

No.6
09-07-14, 09:25
It'd be funny to see the opposition say "Poor Trayvon Martin would've been saved, if he'd been wearing body armor that night..."

Perhaps O should begin (by executive order) and new benefits program and supply body armor to those who can't afford it. Think of all the underprivileged "children" it would save.

MountainRaven
09-07-14, 11:10
Perhaps O should begin (by executive order) and new benefits program and supply body armor to those who can't afford it. Think of all the underprivileged "children" it would save.

I wonder how long it would take Hi-Point to make a pistol in 5.7 or 4.6....

Magic_Salad0892
09-08-14, 00:17
I wonder how long it would take Hi-Point to make a pistol in 5.7 or 4.6....

I don't think the civilian loadings of 5.7x28mm will even penetrate soft armor. I think you need SS190 for that.