PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon reflex?

ar-15 fanatic
06-13-08, 01:11
why do i never hear anybody talking about the Trijicon Reflex sights? are they bad sights compared to aimpoint and eotech red dots?

-thanks in advance

USMC03
06-13-08, 07:29
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=4209

S/F,
Jeff

Steve
06-13-08, 08:38
I have been running the newest version of th ereflex on a limited basis

so far the news is good
large FOV

dot is bright
lens clear like an acog

my issue's have been

weight
intergral arms mounts

ar-15 fanatic
06-13-08, 12:38
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=4209

S/F,
Jeff

thanks for the link but i need to know how it performs at a minimum distance of 50 meters out to 300 meters.

ar-15 fanatic
06-13-08, 12:40
I have been running the newest version of th ereflex on a limited basis

so far the news is good
large FOV

dot is bright
lens clear like an acog

my issue's have been

weight
intergral arms mounts

how far away are the targets that you usually shoot at? because i need to know how it performs at further away distances than CQB like a minimum of 50 meters and a maximum of 300 meters.

USMC03
06-13-08, 13:14
thanks for the link but i need to know how it performs at a minimum distance of 50 meters out to 300 meters.

Did you read the info contained in the first post of the link provided above? It probably answered your initial questions.

In the link pros and cons were listed for the Trijicon Reflex, as well as pros and cons of electronic red dot sights like the Aimpoint and EO Tech.

You may also want to do a search in the optics forum for "Reflex" as the subject has been discussed several times before.

S/F,
Jeff

Steve
06-13-08, 13:37
As Jeff stated much info posted

the new version that i have ran, has a large Dot i have only run it at 100 and under it has about a 6.5 moa dot..

Harv
06-13-08, 17:14
Steve
How is it in Bright outdoor daylight and then going into a darkened interior structure?

I have always thought that is where it struggles..

Jay Cunningham
06-13-08, 17:50
They are garbage, esp. compared to an Aimpoint.

Reticule easily washes out, epsecially shooting from a dark area (indoors) into a light area (exterior threat).

SuicideHz
06-13-08, 17:55
I like my used Amber 8MOA dot version. It came on a carry handle mount, perfect for my 9mm RO635 SBR.

I only use it outdoors. The polarizing filter helps when you are trying to rely solely on the tritium...

Mine was $200 and I am really happy with it.

Steve
06-13-08, 18:02
Harv, Limited use in and out..

its not to bad equal to acogs in my side by side with my acogs

yes its no aimpoint thats for sure.

but this new version is 500x's better than the old reflex and reflex II's of old.

When i get back from Boone county this week ill have more time to play with it:D