PDA

View Full Version : Great Movies Totally Ruined by their Sequels

Doc Safari
08-12-14, 17:10
1. Star Wars

In 1977, there was only one Star Wars movie. It was so good that people finished seeing the film, and literally got right back in line to see it again. You knew who the good guys and bad guys were, and the movie didn't try to shovel any great literary content or strong emotion. It was a rollercoaster ride where the guys saving the galaxy get to win, and the main bad guy survives to fight another day. The Empire Strikes Back subjected us to the news that Vader was Luke's father. At the time this disappointed enough people that I suspect to this day it was the last Star Wars film many saw. Subsequent offerings just seem to get less and less relevant. The filmmakers should have simply let the bad guys be bad guys and kept out all the fairy tale father/son/sister nonsense.

2. Jaws

This is the movie that started the trend of people seeing a movie more than once. By the time we get to Jaws 3D and such horseshit it makes you wish the original Jaws had been allowed to become legend as a fantastic stand-alone horror film.

3. Planet of the Apes

The original 1970's Apes franchise started out with a fantastic flick with a surprise ending. The film series was so popular that the studio simply ran it into the ground. By the time the final episodes were completed, the writers had to resort to a "time travel" story and a "Battle for the Planet of the Apes" that was little more than an excuse to make another one.

I picked these films because they seem to be the ones that created the urge for endless sequels to be cranked out. I cringe whenever a new concept is introduced because, if it makes money, it will simply be run into the ground.

Honorable mention: Alien

Although the first sequel Aliens was in some ways superior to the original, Alien 3 made a huge mistake by restarting the franchise and killing off beloved characters (who did not even appear in the third one). Aliens was non-stop action/adventure. Alien 3 was like watching "Alien Lite". Alien 4 just flat out sucked, with a plot that just scraped the bottom of the barrel. Prometheus was supposed to restart the franchise, but was just less of the same.

Moose-Knuckle
08-12-14, 17:20
Aliens was just as good if not better than Alien, they should have stopped after that.

The Godfather, I & II were outstanding . . . III not so much.

Death Wish, by far one of my favorite films. The second one wasn't horrible but 3, 4, and 5 sucked.

Dirty Harry, they should have stopped after The Enforcer (part 3) . . . Sudden Impact (part 4), and The Dead Pool (part 5) should not even be included.

Lethal Weapon series . .

Die Hard Series . . .

I have to say I think the Rambo series got better as they went.

Liked all the Terminators as well.

Plumber237
08-12-14, 17:40
I thought Terminator 4 was horrible...it's like they just tried to mesh together pieces of the previous ones, as some kind of homage. The story was pretty weak, allegedly due to the original ending being leaked, which they then changed. 3 wasn't exactly outstanding either.

Major League...first one is a masterpiece, second one was basically a shittier made remake of the first, and the third :suicide:

I personally disagree with Star Wars since Empire Strikes Back is my favorite of them all.

Sensei
08-12-14, 17:41
Superman (Christopher Reeve)
Friday the 13th
Halloween
Star Trek after Wrath of Kahn
Matrix
Police Academy
Revenge of the Nerds
Porky's
Raiders of the Lost Arc
48 Hours
Beverly Hills Cop
NL Vacation with the exception of Christmas Vacation
Bourne Identity
Mission Impossible
Sniper
Major League

Plumber237
08-12-14, 17:44
Raiders of the Lost Arc

No love for the last crusade?

Doc Safari
08-12-14, 17:47
I loved Raiders of the Lost Ark. It may be my favorite movie.

Temple of Doom was decent, kind of like an encore. It wasn't as good as Raiders, but I'll take it.

Last Crusade was so-so.

Crystal Skull: Good Grief!

jpmuscle
08-12-14, 17:49
I'd add Predator to the list as well

SteyrAUG
08-12-14, 17:52
I just ignore shitty sequels.

What pisses me off is when they **** over the originals for DVD. Lucas and Spielberg should not be allowed to "improve" their original work.

Doc Safari
08-12-14, 17:54
I just ignore shitty sequels.

What pisses me off is when they **** over the originals for DVD. Lucas and Spielberg should not be allowed to "improve" their original work.

I agree. I also generally prefer the original theatrical release to anything with "added material."

I still fear the day when I will watch the director's "final cut" of Blade Runner.

I almost didn't buy the director's cut of "Last of the Mohicans" and it turned out to be fine as far as I'm concerned. I know true aficionados are pissed that the Clannad song was omitted for the director's cut. I really couldn't remember the original theatrical release in enough detail that the director's cut was particularly jarring.

El Cid
08-12-14, 18:01
How about a predicted fail? Top Gun 2....

http://m.christianpost.com/news/top-gun-2-latest-rumors-sequel-is-top-priority-maverick-to-fight-off-drones--124618/

SPQR476
08-12-14, 18:04
Highlander.

sadmin
08-12-14, 18:32
Best of the Best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColtSeavers
08-12-14, 18:39
Bloodsport

Karate Kid

Starship Troopers

Superman 2 (though I do like Superman Returns w/Brandon Routh)

Moose-Knuckle
08-12-14, 19:07

:lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Hat

http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s06e09-free-hat

Palmguy
08-12-14, 19:24
Isn't The Empire Strikes Back pretty commonly considered to be the best of the series?

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/americas-favorite-star-wars-movies-and-least-favorite-characters/

ColtSeavers
08-12-14, 19:26
Revenge of the Nerds

Plumber237
08-12-14, 19:29
Highlander.

OMG I can't believe I forgot highlander. When your tag line is "There can be only one", take it as a goddamn hint!

Kain
08-12-14, 20:34
Die hard is the first hte comes to mind. I did actually enjoy the third one, but the second, and fourth sucked balls. Have been putting off the fifth.

Terminator... I actually like the 2nd more than the first(Sorry, likely because I saw the second first as a kid and it stuck), the third sucked, and the Rise of the Machines I liked. But one was meh, and three was OMG get it away.

Blade is another. Though I am sure that many here didn't like the first, the second was shitty and Ryan Reynolds and Jessica was the only reason to watch the third.

The Matrix.... My head hurts from that.

Mission Impossible, not sure if it is the movies or the actor here but the second, third, and fourth ones..... Dear Christ.

The Bourne series really should top the list. The first was okay, it showed promise, but had issues, after that they went so ****ing far off script that I felt that the Ludlum estate should have had rights to remove the heads of those involved. I mean if you are going to make a movie based on the book how about reading the ****ing book you mother****ing hollycocksuckingwood hack before writing the sceneplay you talentless cocksucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bourne Legacy... Okay, I went to see that one, Mainly because I really love Jeremy Renner as an actor and he was the only reason I watched that piece of tripe or Ghost Protocol for that matter. Honestly, I wouldn't be as harsh on the movie if they didn't try to cash on on the Bourne series. Cut out of the bourne shit, add some more of Renner caving in skulls and shooting shit up, bill it as a super soldier/spy movie and I would have given it a solid seven . As it was, didn't follow the actual book, which ****ing sucked on so many goddamn levels that I can not begin to describe, and the science was soft shit and then you had them just about forcing in shit related to the bourne series that it was pitiful on twenty seven different levels.

Jurassic Park 3 should also make the list. The Lost World, could be argued, but three.....
Haven't seen it but 300 Rise of an Empire makes my list because it is no longer the 300 Spartan's you ****ing moron hence it is no longer the 300! (Sorry, but that pissed me off when they announced that. Felt too cash-in-ish. Have heard good things in regards to the movie, then again these are the same people who think American idol is quality TV
How about Charlie and Chocolate Factory? Haven't seen it but........

There are others I am sure, but I can't think of any other blatant cash ins of sequels off the top of my head that truly sucked that I haven't been relegated to the deepest, darkest recesses of my memory to be tortured.

I agree. I also generally prefer the original theatrical release to anything with "added material."

I still fear the day when I will watch the director's "final cut" of Blade Runner.

I almost didn't buy the director's cut of "Last of the Mohicans" and it turned out to be fine as far as I'm concerned. I know true aficionados are pissed that the Clannad song was omitted for the director's cut. I really couldn't remember the original theatrical release in enough detail that the director's cut was particularly jarring.

Actually, I own Blade Runner the Final cut in the 10th anniversary DVD set. Nothing too drastic was changed, and I have watched all the cuts that were included because I was in college, drunk, and bored. I would honestly argue, unless I missed something, that it was an improvement, if in only the small details on where the movie did **** up. Like the one scene were Zhora is running through the glass and gets shot. Will say that it beat the hell out of Alexander: Revisited the Final Cut, in my opinion. And yes, I do own both. Though I am usually the type that enjoys the extended cuts(Alexander exempted here), at least of movies that I really liked, but then again I liked watching movies I really liked with commentaries too, so I am strange that way.

uffdaphil
08-12-14, 22:00
The decade plus of Roger Moore's 007 has to be the record for longest series of rotten sequels. Connery was aggressive and arrogant based on confidence in his competence. Moore was merely flippant and mocking. Too old in the first, he was creaky by the last.

Daniel Craig is great, but would like to see more of the book Bond playfulness in future outings.

You had to be of reading age at the time to appreciate how quickly 007 came into the country's consciousness. When it was reported that the Fleming books were JFK's favorite, everyone read them, including twelve year old me.

jpmuscle
08-12-14, 22:05
C'mon Kain, tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back lol

ColtSeavers
08-12-14, 22:10
Tremors

Poltergeist

Blues Brothers

SteyrAUG
08-12-14, 22:21

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Hat

http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s06e09-free-hat

Sometimes I think South Park is the last bastion of sanity in the country.

ColtSeavers
08-12-14, 22:25
House....... the movie, not Stuart Little's dad.

Friday

Iron Eagle

MountainRaven
08-12-14, 22:33

Kingdom of Heaven went from meh to pretty good with the director's cut. In fact, I count the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven among my favorite movies. And I also enjoy the extended cuts of Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings.

The Bourne series really should top the list. The first was okay, it showed promise, but had issues, after that they went so ****ing far off script that I felt that the Ludlum estate should have had rights to remove the heads of those involved. I mean if you are going to make a movie based on the book how about reading the ****ing book you mother****ing hollycocksuckingwood hack before writing the sceneplay you talentless cocksucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you ever see Starship Troopers?

I mean, I enjoyed the movie, but thanks to the movie I can't talk about Robert Heinlein's works without somebody mentioning that he was a fascist... which they know because they saw Starship Troopers and skimmed through the wikipedia article on it.

ColtSeavers
08-12-14, 22:40
Robocop 2 - anything afterwards sucks including the reboot.

Mauser KAR98K
08-12-14, 22:47
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2. Nuff said.

Kain
08-12-14, 22:50
C'mon Kain, tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back lol

If I didn't hold back the amount of digital malevolence that would spew forth would, if we were lucky, shut down M4C and get my ass banned. If we were not lucky then it would spread and grow as if it were Cthulhu himself and shut down the entirety of the internet, throwing the world into blackness and chaos from which it might not return.

Kain
08-12-14, 22:52
Kingdom of Heaven went from meh to pretty good with the director's cut. In fact, I count the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven among my favorite movies. And I also enjoy the extended cuts of Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings.

I mean, I enjoyed the movie, but thanks to the movie I can't talk about Robert Heinlein's works without somebody mentioning that he was a fascist... which they know because they saw Starship Troopers and skimmed through the wikipedia article on it.

Once, maybe. Not quite all the through though. I know, cult classic, ect, ect, ect. But I just really never got into it. And the few times I have seen it it was at friend's houses usually when we were drinking and discussing great important issues of life and the world. Like the benefits of a girlfriend with a D cup over B cup.

I am not going to comment on the Lord of the Rings or the extended cuts.

Endur
08-12-14, 23:24
There are a lot in here I do not agree with.

I like all the Lethal Weapons, Die Hard's, Terminator's (third wasn't that good though), Blade's, TMNT's (except that animated crap), Blues Brothers, Matrix's, Beverly Hills Cop (third wasn't very good and the second was the best), Vacation's...

The worst:

Speed 2
Any Superman (newest was halfway ok)
Predator 2
Starship Troopers 2
All Bourne's (Matt Damon should not be in action)
Anaconda's after the first
Halfway through the first Hangover plus 2 & 3
Grown Ups 2 (not that the first was great but definitely better than the 2nd)
Son of the Mask
Dumb and Dumber'er

All I can think of for now..

BoringGuy45
08-13-14, 01:01
I don't consider a great movie "ruined" unless it has an open or incomplete ending that requires the viewing of the crappy sequel to conclude the tale. For example: I think both Terminator and Terminator 2 were awesome movies, with 2 being the best of the bunch and one of my all time favorites. 3 ruined it and 4 was okay at best. However, the second one ended somewhat conclusively. They actually had to screw with some of the continuity to make the 3rd one work. I can just stop at Terminator 2 and pretend that the story is over. However, with Star Wars, as a contrast, both Episodes IV and V were the best in the series, and I frankly don't care for Return of the Jedi. But, I'm sucked into the story and I have to see how the Galactic Civil War ends because Empire Strikes Back ends with a lead in to Jedi. The stupid Ewoks and Luke's transformation from whiny wannabe Jedi to Jesus Christ with a lightsaber with no explanation of how he made such progress annoys me.

SteyrAUG
08-13-14, 01:06

Wait...I thought he was a damned hippie. You know "Stranger in a Strange Land."

ColtSeavers
08-13-14, 01:25
All the Hangovers sucked.

Why?

Because I already watched them when they were called Bachelor Party and Dude Where's my Car?.

SteyrAUG
08-13-14, 01:28
I don't consider a great movie "ruined" unless it has an open or incomplete ending that requires the viewing of the crappy sequel to conclude the tale. For example: I think both Terminator and Terminator 2 were awesome movies, with 2 being the best of the bunch and one of my all time favorites. 3 ruined it and 4 was okay at best. However, the second one ended somewhat conclusively. They actually had to screw with some of the continuity to make the 3rd one work. I can just stop at Terminator 2 and pretend that the story is over. However, with Star Wars, as a contrast, both Episodes IV and V were the best in the series, and I frankly don't care for Return of the Jedi. But, I'm sucked into the story and I have to see how the Galactic Civil War ends because Empire Strikes Back ends with a lead in to Jedi. The stupid Ewoks and Luke's transformation from whiny wannabe Jedi to Jesus Christ with a lightsaber with no explanation of how he made such progress annoys me.

The force is strong with this one...

Seriously, couldn't agree more. Loved "Star Wars", they really pissed me off with the cliffhanger ending of "The Empire Strikes Back." I mean WTF...Seriously? You are not gonna finish this movie? Do you know how long three years for the next movie is for a little kid? And why the hell is there a muppet named Yoda? We crammed a little guy into R2D2, are you telling me we couldn't find another little guy...we have to use a freaking muppet?

So three years later they finally finish the damn thing, by now I'm in high school and don't really care as much. But I've been invested in this stupid story since I was 10 years old so what the hell, I go to see it. And what do I get? Walking teddy bears. Muppets and walking teddy bears that actually captured Luke and Han Solo....seriously?!? The same guys who ass raped Jabba the Hutt (the baddest gangster in the galaxy) get taken down by walking teddy bears? It was at this point I understood Lucas had a pair of vibrating panties.

And don't even get me started on the soap opera bullshit like Vader is Luke's father and Leia is his sister.

Lucas made three decent films: THX 1138, American Graffiti and Star Wars. And quite frankly even those three weren't all original work.

Doc Safari
08-13-14, 09:17
The force is strong with this one...

Seriously, couldn't agree more. Loved "Star Wars", they really pissed me off with the cliffhanger ending of "The Empire Strikes Back." I mean WTF...Seriously? You are not gonna finish this movie? Do you know how long three years for the next movie is for a little kid? And why the hell is there a muppet named Yoda? We crammed a little guy into R2D2, are you telling me we couldn't find another little guy...we have to use a freaking muppet?

So three years later they finally finish the damn thing, by now I'm in high school and don't really care as much. But I've been invested in this stupid story since I was 10 years old so what the hell, I go to see it. And what do I get? Walking teddy bears. Muppets and walking teddy bears that actually captured Luke and Han Solo....seriously?!? The same guys who ass raped Jabba the Hutt (the baddest gangster in the galaxy) get taken down by walking teddy bears? It was at this point I understood Lucas had a pair of vibrating panties.

And don't even get me started on the soap opera bullshit like Vader is Luke's father and Leia is his sister.

Lucas made three decent films: THX 1138, American Graffiti and Star Wars. And quite frankly even those three weren't all original work.

Death-dealing post. The only difference in my experience is that I was in college by the time Jedi came out and I no longer gave a shit. I saw it with a couple of friends at the one-dollar movie on Christmas break.

I don't know how much Lucas actually had to do with Raiders of the Lost Ark but it's one of my all-time favorite movies.

sandman99and9
08-13-14, 10:19
Terminator 2 was amazing !! I love Terminator but T2 was the better film for me.

Alien = great movie but Aliens is by far my all time favorite and I will not even speak of any of the crap piles after Aliens.

Caddyshack, has anyone actually seen the entire sequel ??

The Sandlot, personally my favorite baseball movie ever but the second film makes me want to go Elvis and shoot my T.V. !!

I loved the Matrix series but the 3rd one was is way behind the first 2 in my opinion.

As far as any of the Star Trek movies there is only one, The wrath of Khan :) I did like the reboot though.

Did Starship troopers 2 even go to the theaters or was it straight to video ? I don't remember.

I remember Star Wars as a kid and was blown away but now I think Empire is my favorite in the series. I hate the extra scenes and directors cuts in Star Wars !! Just random scenes that add nothing to the story and make you think huh ? if you saw the original.

S.M.

ramairthree
08-13-14, 10:30
Highlander.

Many sequels do not live up to the original, even if they are not bad.

Some just don't work.

Dome they are just phoning it in.

Some are just cheap attempts to make a buck that do not cut it.

Some are just really bad.

But, you choice in my opinion,
is the epitome.

A horrible movie that for unknown reasons also completely devastated the mythos of the original. To this day I cannot fathom what went on with that.

Moose-Knuckle
08-13-14, 14:46
Sometimes I think South Park is the last bastion of sanity in the country.

Yeah, I find it therapeutic. Both Matt Parker and Trey Stone "get it".

Jellybean
08-13-14, 20:20
Grown Ups 2 (not that the first was great but definitely better than the 2nd)
Son of the Mask
Dumb and Dumber'er

Word.
GU 2 was literally the stupidest thing I have watched since Dumb and Dumber (first one)- and it made that look like fine comedy. Actually, I have to admit it was- one of those once in a lifetime movies that's so stupid it's brilliant. :D
The original "Mask" was hilarious (and Diaz was hot...) - the second... some one needs to be hung for that one.

Terminator 2 was amazing !! I love Terminator but T2 was the better film for me.

Alien = great movie but Aliens is by far my all time favorite and I will not even speak of any of the crap piles after Aliens.

Caddyshack, has anyone actually seen the entire sequel ??

The Sandlot, personally my favorite baseball movie ever but the second film makes me want to go Elvis and shoot my T.V. !!

I loved the Matrix series but the 3rd one was is way behind the first 2 in my opinion.

As far as any of the Star Trek movies there is only one, The wrath of Khan :) I did like the reboot though.

Did Starship troopers 2 even go to the theaters or was it straight to video ? I don't remember.

I remember Star Wars as a kid and was blown away but now I think Empire is my favorite in the series. I hate the extra scenes and directors cuts in Star Wars !! Just random scenes that add nothing to the story and make you think huh ? if you saw the original.

S.M.

The only Terminator I've ever liked was 3- the only reason being the 30 seconds where Arnie busts out of a mausoleum with a casket full of guns one-handing a Browning.
That being said, my lack of interest in the movies pales in comparison to my utter hatred of the TV show. Yes, Glau as a terminator worked really well. But that was all that worked. So stupid. Hang whoever wrote and directed it.

The original sandlot is a movie that I don't think anyone can NOT like. It's a perfect capture of what you either lived as a kid, or wanted to.
The second... Another director/writer has a due appointment with the gallows for that...

The Matrix movies were all stupid. All three were the most basic, predictable tripe I have watched, potentially ever. So sorry, but it's true. The stupid leather outfits didn't help either- looked lie some emo/goth nerd's wet dream.
I watched the first just to see what I missed out on when it first came out. Reaction: not a bad idea, but meh.
Watched the second. Reaction: why did I just watch that?
Watched the third because it was on a free movie channel, and what the hell I might as well finish the story. Reaction: I could feel my brain cells committing suicide one by one...

Star wars... I was a huge star wars nerd before I found 40K (yep, once a scifi nerd, always a scifi nerd).
As corny and lame the as original ones can seem these days, and how underwhelming the special effects and equipment are, the original two (4, 5) are still the best.
Six, I dig the Jabba scenes and the speederbike chase, but then the attack of the goddamn teddy bears happened, and I was like WTF? Come one- you're telling me an empire with unlimited resources can't provide their storm troopers with armor that can stop arrows, or training to a high enough standard to fight... teddy bears with spears?
Actually- I take some of that back. The stormtroopers kicked those damn furbys' ass. And then the good guys cheated, as usual. :laugh:

Now, the current star wars (1,2,3) are an interesting situation.
The first one, I think we can all agree we're sorry Qi Gon didn't let the droid APC run JarJar over. Or the hoverbikes shoot him. I mean, my god, even the droids wanted him dead! The only thing that was worth watching that movie was the Naboo scenery/architecture/costumes, and the podrace.
The second had a little do much soap opera, but... it had some promise. And watching the Clone troopers waste a legion of droids was epic.
So It was set up pretty good for the third movie to totally redeem the franchise, especially with the origins of Darth Vader.
And they totally failboated it.
The opening space battle had SO much potential, and you get what- barely a passing overflight of ships shooting at each other, than performing all sort of wild maneuvering, afterwords Grievous's ship is still magically "dead ahead", fitted with the mother of all crappy shield doors to the hangar bay, upon entering which we get to fight... hopelessly idiotic droids with cute voices.
CUTE.
VOICES.
You're telling me the most fearsome army in the galaxy that is bringing the Republic to it's knees is filled with soulless killer droids with... cute lovable voices....?
And it never got better from there. It could have been a grim drama and action filled edge of your seat nailbiter, but NOOOOO....we need more cute droids to make it kid friendly so we can sell lots of Mc'Dees happy meals.
OFF WITH THE DIRECTOR'S HEAD!!! :angry:

Time will tell if Ep. 7 can put some life back into it.
Not betting on it though.

Also, South Park is probably the most brilliant commentary on life, current events, and pretty much everything to ever grace or unworthy TV screens.
Long live the South Park creators!

halo2304
08-13-14, 20:38
Karate Kid

The biggest problem with the Karate Kid series was the second and third should have been reversed. I think it would've made a much better story.

I'm also ignoring the one with what's-her-horse-face, Hillary 'Hee-Haw' Swank.

JusticeM4
08-13-14, 20:50
Some of you guys didn't think Matrix 2 was good? C'mon... it was pretty awesome. The 3rd, not as much.

Transformers has horrible sequels too. After the 1st one, the rest we're crap and way too complicated. Megan Fox was acceptable, but the other chick actresses did not impress me.

ColtSeavers
08-13-14, 22:25
Some of you guys didn't think Matrix 2 was good? C'mon... it was pretty awesome. The 3rd, not as much.

Transformers has horrible sequels too. After the 1st one, the rest we're crap and way too complicated. Megan Fox was acceptable, but the other chick actresses did not impress me.

Matrix 2&3 blew. Neo goes from being the second coming to a scared bleeding b!tch.... really?

As for Transformers, I think you mean Judd Nelson as HotRod, the Micro Machine Man as Blur, Spock as Galvitron and Orson Wells as Unicron, cause that's the movie I remember seeing in theaters. Damn near everyone DIES. It was brutally epic.

Everything after that, sucked.

I think I stilll have a Sharktacon somewhere in the garage.

@Halo2304: Let's not forget the one with The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air's son and Jacky Chan

Pork Chop
08-13-14, 23:13
Ghostbusters. Talk about a shitty sequel!

And if anybody talks shit about Raiders of the Lost Ark 1-3 again, I'll have my people shut the internet off. Best movies ever.

Alex V
08-14-14, 06:34
Ghostbusters. Talk about a shitty sequel!

And if anybody talks shit about Raiders of the Lost Ark 1-3 again, I'll have my people shut the internet off. Best movies ever.

When was there (3) three Raiders of the Lost Ark movies? There were (3) three Indiana Jones movies ;-) There was Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, and Last Crusade. The cristal scull one kinda sucked.

Personally, I prefer "In Diana Jones and the Temple of Poon." :-D

Chameleox
08-14-14, 08:45
Matrix 2&3 blew. Neo goes from being the second coming to a scared bleeding b!tch.... really?

As for Transformers, I think you mean Judd Nelson as HotRod, the Micro Machine Man as Blur, Spock as Galvitron and Orson Wells as Unicron, cause that's the movie I remember seeing in theaters. Damn near everyone DIES. It was brutally epic.

Everything after that, sucked.

I think I stilll have a Sharktacon somewhere in the garage.

Let's be friends. I was just thinking about this last week. I think the recent reboots of Transformers are horrible in comparison to he 1987 original.

My contribution:
While I think the sequel was OK, the French Connection is still by far the stronger of the two.

Yeah, I don't recall Starship Troopers 2 making it to theaters either.

According to my kids, Cars (2008 animated) is much better than Cars 2.

ColtSeavers
08-14-14, 15:28
Let's be friends. I was just thinking about this last week. I think the recent reboots of Transformers are horrible in comparison to he 1987 original.

As long as you also feel that G.I.Joe The Movie was better than the live action garbage as well, then deal!

Anyone mention The Exorcist yet?

brickboy240
08-14-14, 15:43
Temple of Doom completely sucked but the first and third "Raiders" movies were great.

Sucky sequels? How about the Tom Clancy/Jack Ryan movie with Ben Affleck and the Neo-Nazs that nuke a city? Pure junk!

-brickboy240

Moose-Knuckle
08-14-14, 19:28
As long as you also feel that G.I.Joe The Movie was better than the live action garbage as well, then deal!

Hell yeah, the animated movie blows these live action abortions away!

Chameleox
08-14-14, 21:16

My brother!