PDA

View Full Version : AIM Surplus Magpul CTR Stock

RecklessRookie
08-13-14, 07:30
Hey Fokes,
Sorry if this is a question that has been asked before, But I searched the forum and Google, and came up with nothing. Be Mindful that I am a NooB to the world of AR's and other rifle's for that matter.

Has anybody brought Magpul CTR Stocks from AIMSurplus, and can anybody attest to their product as far as quality / authenticity in concerned.

They have great prices on their website and offer free shipping and I wanted to know if anyone actually checked their product after they have purchased it to make sure it was in fact authentic.

I know a lot of people and vendors have been selling either Knock-offs and / or even the PTS versions (Arisoft World) as the real steels.

So if anybody can share or even post an actual pic (Picture) of the product, that would be great.

What i'm looking for are the words on the sides of the stock, The Button, and the Magpul Insignia / Logo

Thanks in advance and again sorry if this has already been covered.

Palmguy
08-13-14, 07:34
You are not getting a fake Magpul product from AIM Surplus. They are a legitimate vendor.

Eurodriver
08-13-14, 07:35
Buy with confidence. I order all of my furniture (and ammo, and magazines, and some guns) from them due to free shipping and everything is legit.

RecklessRookie
08-13-14, 07:35
You are not getting a fake Magpul product from AIM Surplus. They are a legitimate vendor.

Thanks Bud.

RecklessRookie
08-13-14, 07:36
Buy with confidence. I order all of my furniture (and ammo, and magazines, and some guns) from them due to free shipping and everything is legit.

I guess I will Make my Purchase today then. Thanks a lot.

C4IGrant
08-13-14, 07:52
Hey Fokes,
Sorry if this is a question that has been asked before, But I searched the forum and Google, and came up with nothing. Be Mindful that I am a NooB to the world of AR's and other rifle's for that matter.

Has anybody brought Magpul CTR Stocks from AIMSurplus, and can anybody attest to their product as far as quality / authenticity in concerned.

They have great prices on their website and offer free shipping and I wanted to know if anyone actually checked their product after they have purchased it to make sure it was in fact authentic.

I know a lot of people and vendors have been selling either Knock-offs and / or even the PTS versions (Arisoft World) as the real steels.

So if anybody can share or even post an actual pic (Picture) of the product, that would be great.

What i'm looking for are the words on the sides of the stock, The Button, and the Magpul Insignia / Logo

Thanks in advance and again sorry if this has already been covered.

We sell legit Magpul products and offer M4C member discounts on Magpul products. Feel free to PM or e-mail us for the coupon code.

C4

ibmikey
08-13-14, 08:27
I purchase routinely from Aim and have total confidence in their products. I purchased three Magpul CTR stocks in the past month for $56 bucks each ...great price!

RecklessRookie
08-13-14, 08:39
Made My Purchase. Thanks Fokes.

RecklessRookie
08-17-14, 19:20
I recieved my Magpul CTR stock on Saturday. Although the D.A Mailman delivered it to a neighbor's house 2 houses down to my left across the street instead of mine.
Amyway, So I opened it up and i'm looking at the inside of the friction lock and what I see looks like its broken. I will show you all a picture. Someone please let me know if this is normal. If u have a picture of yours on the inner part where the Buffer Tube goes. But right at the bottom. I can better show you all the. I can tell you.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

RecklessRookie
08-17-14, 19:28
Left side looking at authenticity.

RecklessRookie
08-17-14, 19:29
Right side authentic.

RecklessRookie
08-17-14, 19:31
Look at the bottom or . In this case because of the orientation of the picture, its on the right. But officially look at the bottom portion of the stock. Thats what we will be focuaing on. I will point out the part in the next photo.

RecklessRookie
08-17-14, 19:32
The pointer is pointing out the piece in question to see if its broken or not.

RecklessRookie
08-17-14, 19:37
Open area. When I activate or engage the friction lock. I don't see anything happening. I don't have it connected to a buffer tube or anything for actual testing. This is just a review to see how it works.

Quiet-Matt
08-17-14, 19:38
Thats part of the friction lock. Nothing is missing or broken in that picture.

Eurodriver
08-17-14, 19:39
Boy, you sure are thorough.

I have three CTRs and they all look identical to yours.

Do you worry this much about all of your purchases?

RecklessRookie
08-17-14, 19:42
Pretty much. I like to make sure I'm gtg. But qhat mafe me curious about this n one is, there's a piece thats hanging off.

Eurodriver
08-17-14, 19:43
I'm not sure if that is a design feature or an unimportant area of plastic but all of mine have that piece.
Given that yours is new and that my stocks still work fine, I'm going to go with it doesn't matter

The Thief Lord
08-17-14, 19:47
Pretty much. I like to make sure I'm gtg. But qhat mafe me curious about this n one is, there's a piece thats hanging off.

Probably from the manufacturing process. But damn... You're thorough.

RecklessRookie
08-17-14, 19:49
Here's a better look just to be on the safe side.
Now here's my question. How does the friction lock actually work.

^Rb
08-17-14, 20:46
I would buy with confidence. AIM Surplus has been one of the leaders in Magpul pricing as of late. Their low prices are a simple function of unit economics.

RecklessRookie
08-17-14, 22:07
I would buy with confidence. AIM Surplus has been one of the leaders in Magpul pricing as of late. Their low prices are a simple function of unit economics.

I have no doubt about that. Their prices are sweet. But when I got it and looked at it, I had to ask that question because i know all company's make blemished items, so the initial thought was it was blemished.

elephantrider
08-18-14, 02:42
I have no doubt about that. Their prices are sweet. But when I got it and looked at it, I had to ask that question because i know all company's make blemished items, so the initial thought was it was blemished.

Whatever you do, don't use that stock... it might get blemished. ;)

RecklessRookie
08-18-14, 13:50
Thanks for the sarcasm, however, I don't mind the normal wear and tear and in my field, there will be a lot of wear n tear. But what I'm saying is, I'm not going to pay for a part that im thinking is brand new but in all actuality is a bad, blemmished or an already broken part. I might as well had gone o craigs or armslist for that.

Now lets be clear. I'm happy with my purchase, and Aim is a great company from what I can tell, especially when it comes to prices. The quality is exactly that. Quality.

I was just concerned because when I originally opened up the package and looked inside at the mechanics on how the friction lock works. I could see a little peice in the back kind of flipped up slightly which I had thought was broke.
Now after messing with the actual friction lock, I couldn't tell if it actually does/did anything because that little area looked to be broken or something like that.

When i engage the friction lock, nothing moves or even tightens for that matter, same when I disengage the lock. I could be wrong. I guess I need to wait until my spikes buffer tube kit comes in. Also buyi g from Aim. To be a little more accurate with my comments.

I'm still a noob in the AR world and this is my 1st true build. So I'm trying to get things right.

Thanks to all who commented and left feedback.