PDA

View Full Version : Legal..Illegals, now what?!

slamd095
08-13-14, 09:51
Just out of curiosity, how many of you have seen an increase in crime in the last few weeks? My neighborhood has gotten to the point where it feels like we are walking on eggshells. It has become a vigil where we go through a complete lock down at night. I appreciate all the info here on the site, but is there anything else that we can do to protect ourselves? For instance, this is what my family does nightly.

The front door has a bar to stop a kick in.
The back glass door has been coated with that plastic non-breakable film, this includes any windows that are on the lower story.
Cars are not only locked and the alarm turned on, but we have cams pointed at them.
The lights outside never get turned off.

I swear it feels like we have dug our trenches, stacked the sand bags, and we are just waiting for no-mans to be filled with the enemy. Am I being overly paranoid?

Co-gnARR
08-17-14, 19:00
Not sure where you are, but I live in downtown Albuquerque, in what is considered a nice part of the city. Before we even completely moved in, burglars struck. Fortunately the majority of our household goods were not moved yet, but I lost sporting gear and tools, which are easily sold at the flea markets here. Twice in the past six weeks some one has been in my wife's car. Nothing of value was lost as she does not keep anything in the car. A couple that live three houses down from us stated that they've had a break in attempt, while the young woman was home, dog barking, ALARM SYSTEM BLARING, in broad daylight, with no apparent deterrence to the perp. They've experienced repeat attacks, with both their cars being hit, and odd middle of night events where the dog suddenly wakes up and goes to full alert. My wife no longer answers the door without my consent, and I now keep a firearm nearby whenever I'm home. We do have a problem with drugs and homelessness here, and FSA types as well as their leftist supporter/enablers are the norm here, it seems. I think with the ease of getting heroin, meth and the like, drug seeker patients who get their narcotic prescriptions cut off have alternatives. Consequently, they need a source of money. I think there has been an uptick lately in property crime, although violent crime in this area is not anything I am aware of. Still, we are living at a heightened level of readiness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Co-gnARR
08-17-14, 19:03
What is the plastic film you are using? We would like an added level of protection for our windows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slamd095
08-18-14, 12:01
For the most part, I find it very interesting that the lame-stream media glosses over these facts and issues. I have no issue with someone getting a better life. I just don't want it to happen at the cost of my family.

I found a local guy in the PHX/Mesa area, and most are going to be tint shops.

This was the stuff I bought: (3M-Presteige)

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Window_Film/Solutions/Markets-Products/Residential/Safety-Security_Window_Films/Ultra_Prestige_Series/

Another source..

http://emeraldcitywindowtinting.com/plastic-window-film

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlEcffvTWak

Needless, I am sure after about 20 seconds of this, you would just open the door and shoot the idiot..I know I would.