PDA

View Full Version : Quality Leather AIWB

walker2713
08-14-14, 09:51
Right now I'm using a Blade Tech Kydex AIWB for my Glock 19.

I would appreciate suggestions, based on your experience, for a quality leather AIWB holster.

Thanks,

George

TheCrimsonMane
08-14-14, 10:17
The 5 Shot SME (http://www.5shotleather.com/sme.htm) and JR Custom AIWB (http://jrcholsters.com/holsters/inside-the-waistband/8-aiwb-cda) are the most recommended leather AIWB holsters I've seen, though I have no first hand experience with either. Some good reviews out there for both, however.

Up1911fan
08-14-14, 11:20
The JRC is great. Lots of adjustment, hides as well as my JM or Keeper kydex holsters.

l8apex
08-19-14, 00:28
Best for me personally so far as been the TT Gunleather AIWB. My second leather AIWB, much more comfortable than any of the kydex versions except for the Armiger holster that I used for my RMR'd Glock 19. Has enough give to move with you yet holds the gun stable. Ride height is perfect not too low and not too high. Especially with AIWB, YMMV.

Amur
08-22-14, 18:14
I have a 5 shot on order. Not sure I he is even taking new orders now. They seem I be the highest desired leather AIWB currently.

JRC seems to get good reviews with the AIWB community.

TT is a solid maker of holster and has an AIWB

Vinh
08-22-14, 19:22
I am one of the few that carries a series 70 1911 AIWB. My holster of choice is the 5 Shot SME (straight drop). I also have the Glock 17 and P30 holsters, but prefer the 1911 one. No significant time with the Glock/P30 variants. Been using the 1911 SME since it became commercially available. Good luck with your search.

ffemt
09-01-14, 22:05
For an HK P2000sk I used to have, I used a Lobo Leather AIWB that was super sturdy, a little on the thick side with the leather but I liked it. Now I use a hybrid kydex outside shell + leather lined inside Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Slim II for my Kahr MK9. Overall I prefer the Garrett Industries and will most likely get another.