PDA

View Full Version : Why wasn't Orange and Dallas looted and burned?!

mike240
08-14-14, 11:49
http://www.texasgopvote.com/issues/restore-families/justice-james-black-cop-shoots-unarmed-white-veteran-orange-tx-over-racial-slur-0057061

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/26249861/unarmed-man-shot-killed-by-dallas-pd-charged-at-officer

brickboy240
08-14-14, 12:04
Because people here (of all colors) know that if they start breaking windows and burning things...the lead will start flying here in a hurry!

In fact...there are plenty of people that are just waiting for the thugs and hoodlums to do just that so they can clean out their neighborhoods! LOL

Seriously...even in more "diverse" parts of Dallas or Houston...if they start breaking glass and lighting fires....the bullets will fly.

You also notice that while the thugs in New Orleans went nuts and pillaged after Katrina....you did not see ANY of that go down in Houston after Hurricane Ike...did you?

-brickboy240

mike240
08-14-14, 13:48
Though I can appreciate the pride of Texas and the belief of Texas Exceptionalism, the fact I cited two Texas incidents is merely a fluke. All over the country unarmed whites and Hispanics are shot by black, white and Hispanic cops with no looting or burning.

The point was raised to see what responses it would get and see and understand the thought processes of those due to age and or regions different than myself.

So far 76 views and one response would at face value tell me that there is a reluctance to discuss the matter. And that just once I'd like to see a headline like, "Black cop kills unarmed White man. No riots or looting ensues!"

Protests I guess I get. Most cultural groups await the findings of the investigation before protesting. The rioting and looting are just race pirates who don't care about their peers. The victim is someone they themselves would kill with little provocation anyways. They just can bear to miss the opportunity to profit from a "crisis".

Holder, Sharpton etc say serious conversation about race in this country needs to occur. It seems that other groups have just been beaten down trying to have the conversation because of being branded racist and because the other side really will not be honest about the issue.

rocsteady
08-14-14, 14:23
It is a pretty loud commentary on the different cultures in our society. Most, thankfully, wouldn't dream of reacting to an unpopular incident by looting, rioting or beating people who look like "x". However, the groups that will react that way seem to all have common themes; race, socio-economic standing and general feeling toward the government taking care of them. So when the issue of the moment involves a black person being "wronged", whether it actually happened that way or not, these areas have all the excuse they need to drop the law-abiding citizen act and lawlessness ensues.

In the other areas that had natural disasters, things happened in areas where the locals wouldn't put up with it and matters would be resolved before law enforcement would even be around. There is definitely something to be said for the fear of law-abiding citizens who are ready, willing and able to protect themselves and their communities.

In typical fashion, democrats are all too willing to throw race into the mix, but only if it paints a black man as a victim. It's a sad state of affairs when our society's answer to racism is racism.

brickboy240
08-14-14, 14:25
There was probably no outrage by whites over these shootings because they were not front and center on the news. Unless you were actively digging around on some local news website...chances of you seeing these stories was slim to none.

Reverse the races only in the stories and they are first thing on Good Morning America and the local evening news in most large cities. It is literally everywhere minutes after it happens.

There was also a story of three black boys that chased a smaller white kid to his doorstep and beat him and lit him on fire. Again...someone e-mailed me the link...we never saw the damn story on any broadcast news...even Fox, The Blaze or NewsmaxTV. Nowhere. Would white people be outrage by this story? Hell yes...but the majority never knew it happened and big media made damned sure that few ever did.

Often times...the media controls the messaging and therefore controls what people riot over and what they don't see until later...or never.

This is how people like Obama ever get elected...when you control the messaging...you control the elections. Facts just don't matter. The issue of Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright SHOULD have sunk Obama but in reality...to most...it was a minor speed bump on his trip to election day. However, carrying a dog on top of a station wagon or making statements about 47% that won't vote for you ARE front and center and MADE to be outrageous and top stories.

-brickboy240

mike240
08-14-14, 14:53
There was also a story of three black boys that chased a smaller white kid to his doorstep and beat him and lit him on fire. Again...someone e-mailed me the link...we never saw the damn story on any broadcast news...even Fox, The Blaze or NewsmaxTV. Nowhere. Would white people be outrage by this story? Hell yes...but

-brickboy240

....still would not have rioted and looted over it. Probably would not have mass protested either. And if they did it would have occurred after charges were declined or an acquittal.

That's what I have never understood. What is different in the emotional DNA of many blacks that bring these reactions? Lack of patience for the process to work and bring facts etc.

Any cop that has done death notifications can tell you that each group accepts the news differently. And in nearly all black households the emotions are so extreme that the actions can easily seem threatening and nearing violent on the bearers of bad news.

These are not racist opinions but facts. No one including black officers I work with have ever been able to explain the behavior of the cultures reactions to these events.

My mother grew up in Cambridge MD And was present when H Rap Brown (look him up) stirred the pot in the mostly segregated town erupted in violent rioting and looting. The towns fire department was all volunteer. The black community was angry at whites but looted their own members stores and burnt their side of town down. The fire department refused to fight fires. The understanding was it was black violence and as long as it did not effect anyone else the. Screw them. Let it burn.

That was a different time and right or wrong I understand the sentiment though obviously there were black victims too. Brown was reported to say that if Cambridge does not come around (grievances over educational funding) then "Cambridge got to be burned down". Then the black side of town was burned down.

TAZ
08-14-14, 14:58
Criminal acts committed by minorities agains other races are rarely mentioned in the news because it doesn't fit the narrative. These racially motivated riots are rarely grass roots type event. They are fomented and have their flames fanned by outsiders wanting to make a buck. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton et al all have a vested interest in keeping racism going. The media has a vested interest in keeping racism front and center. It sells ad space and air time; and in the end that is all they care about.

With that stated we have and racial issues here in Austin. LEO killing black kids and so forth, but thankfully nothing has turned violent yet. Im sure it's a combination of a different class of people involved, different media coverage and the likelyhood of lead flying at protesters that keeps things calmer.

brickboy240
08-14-14, 16:16
Another reason why us gringos don't protest?

Honestly...we are BUSY!

Busy with our jobs, our businesses, our families...our lives.

We have TONS of other more pressing and closer things to worry about. We have TONS more responsibilities...that we actually tend to.

I honestly think this HAS to be a huge part of it.

Is that racist? I don't think so...some might take it that way but I think it is just a fact. Does not mean I think we are better than anyone else...just too damn busy and preoccupied.

-brickboy240