PDA

View Full Version : Noveske/Silencerco Video

Scottk
08-14-14, 14:44
Does anyone know how they made the 11.5" barrel and 11" NSR work with the Saker?

I have called Noveske and Silencerco and no one seems to know.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nOaiQSp4Zwc&feature=youtu.be

Slippers
08-14-14, 20:36
Noveske doesn't make an 11.5" barrel AFAIK. However, they make a 12.5", which would work perfectly with the 11" NSR.

I bet it's just a mistake in the video.

NickB
09-05-14, 01:11
Noveske doesn't make an 11.5" barrel AFAIK. However, they make a 12.5", which would work perfectly with the 11" NSR.

I believe that was a custom extended Saker flash hider mount. Not something we offer right now, but if there is enough demand we may consider it. Sorry to disappoint right now.

JG007
09-06-14, 12:31
I believe that was a custom extended Saker flash hider mount. Not something we offer right now, but if there is enough demand we may consider it. Sorry to disappoint right now.

Id buy at least one, I wanted to do their 12.5 with a 12" handguard but every similar option has the same problem, the handguard is about 1/4" (?)
too long.

so the noveske marked saker flash hider is just the normal one (like the one that came with my saker), not the extended?

http://www.shopnoveske.com/collections/parts/products/noveske-marked-saker-trifecta-flash-hider

ROG Tactical
09-06-14, 15:47

Noveske did sell an 11.5" barrel. It is still listed as an option on their website, but I do not know if it is a regularly stocked item.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Leonidas24
09-07-14, 02:36
PWS did have an extended Saker flash hider for use with their MK107 but I don't think it ever came to fruition. I believe it was a Triad compensator with index points for the MAAD mount.

ROG Tactical
09-10-14, 13:39
For those interested...I just looked at a stand-alone Noveske Trifecta and a regular SilencerCo Trifecta, and the Noveske-marked one is slightly longer (at the threaded end). The Noveske is about 1/8" longer.

JG007
09-10-14, 14:17
I had thought you needed about 1/4" in order to make a saker /etc fit flush

That a 10" handguard wouldn't work with a 10.5" barrel, I would have guessed you'd need 1/4-1/2 but maybe this is exact, otherwise why would it exist.....?

dan.p
09-11-14, 17:46
Yes they do, I own one.

Scottk
09-11-14, 19:19
Yes they do, I own one.

Hey Dan how did you make it work?

dan.p
09-12-14, 09:16
Hey Dan how did you make it work?

Sadly, out of the 5 rifles I've built (all with Noveske barrels) my 11.5" is the only one I can't get to work 100% reliably no matter what I do. It shoots great, but ejects at about 2 o'clock and rarely locks back on the last round. I've tried suppressed/unsuppressed, swapped buffer weights, etc. and can't figure this one out. My current project is trying to figure out what the heck is going on with it.

ROG Tactical
09-12-14, 09:39
Sadly, out of the 5 rifles I've built (all with Noveske barrels) my 11.5" is the only one I can't get to work 100% reliably no matter what I do. It shoots great, but ejects at about 2 o'clock and rarely locks back on the last round. I've tried suppressed/unsuppressed, swapped buffer weights, etc. and can't figure this one out. My current project is trying to figure out what the heck is going on with it.

Maybe try an adjustable gas block.

Onyx Z
09-12-14, 09:41

And adjustable gas block should fix that right up.

dan.p
09-12-14, 13:57
Maybe try an adjustable gas block.

And adjustable gas block should fix that right up.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to go that far, but will see. Either way, so as not to drive this thread off topic, maybe I'll post a new thread when I run out of other ideas. You guys are always so helpful.