PDA

View Full Version : Heinie Sights for the HK VP9

Street Dog
08-14-14, 18:30
Here are a couple of pictures of the prototype "Ledge" sights for the VP9. featuring the new EZ Lock system, which eliminates the need to fit the rear sight to the slide dovetail. These should be available fro Heinie Specialty Products in the next 2 to 3 weeks.
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg570/ppsshooting/20140814_152236_zpsd41e6060.jpg (http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/ppsshooting/media/20140814_152236_zpsd41e6060.jpg.html)
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg570/ppsshooting/20140814_152253_zpsd86228e4.jpg (http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/ppsshooting/media/20140814_152253_zpsd86228e4.jpg.html)

plouffedaddy
08-14-14, 18:44
Very nice.

og556
08-14-14, 19:12
Any idea if the front sight height is the same as stock ?

KentuckyWindage
08-14-14, 20:18
Iam interested. Tag.

Meplat
08-14-14, 20:42
Very cool. Any chance we could get a no-angle vanilla picture of the whole gun and the sights from the side? And maybe one looking down the sights?

m1a_scoutguy
08-14-14, 20:46
Cool,,will be looking for updates !

The Dumb Gun Collector
08-14-14, 20:59
Pretty sexy.

kantstudien
08-16-14, 03:31
Do they make that rear Heinie sight sans tritium?

Street Dog
08-16-14, 10:09
These sights are a prototype set. I'll measure the front, and take a couple more pics, and get them posted on Monday.

Richard Heinie
08-16-14, 10:58
The sights are a set. They will not work with the factory sights. The sights are the same heights as the HK45 and P30 we have been selling. Suppressor, (Tall) sights are in process also.

og556
08-16-14, 16:09
The sights are a set. They will not work with the factory sights. The sights are the same heights as the HK45 and P30 we have been selling. Suppressor, (Tall) sights are in process also.

Mr. Heinie,

Is POA/POI the same as stock sights ? I'm going to send one of mine in to get these installed once they are available.

Richard Heinie
08-17-14, 11:00
They do on this one.

opmike
08-17-14, 13:01
So, does anyone have a description of these "EZ-Lock" sights that go beyond the ad copy? Are they anything more than set screw sights machined with looser clearances in relation to the slide dovetail?

mtdawg169
08-17-14, 13:23
So, does anyone have a description of these "EZ-Lock" sights that go beyond the ad copy? Are they anything more than set screw sights machined with looser clearances in relation to the slide dovetail?

They appear to be designed so as to not require fitting and they use dual set screws for an easy, but secure install.

mtdawg169
08-17-14, 13:25

Mr. Heinie, can you tell us a more definite delivery time line for these? I run straight eights on almost every other handgun I own. Can't wait to replace the factory sights on the VP9.

Richard Heinie
08-18-14, 09:16
The EZ-Lock is made large enough to just slide into the dovetail without filing or pounding or driving the sight into place. There are two hardened set screws that lock against a cross-hardened pin in the dovetail. Which tightens the dovetail into the slide. Once you have the sight adjusted, a small bit of blue or pink loctite on the screws should keep it from loosening.
We have raw sights today. Hopefully we should have them ready to ship in about 3-4 weeks, depending on Trijicon.

KentuckyWindage
08-18-14, 09:19
The EZ-Lock is made large enough to just slide into the dovetail without filing or pounding or driving the sight into place. There are two hardened set screws that lock against a cross-hardened pin in the dovetail. Which tightens the dovetail into the slide. Once you have the sight adjusted, a small bit of blue or pink loctite on the screws should keep it from loosening.
We have raw sights today. Hopefully we should have them ready to ship in about 3-4 weeks, depending on Trijicon.

Will the ez-lock be on both front and rear sights? Or just the rear?

Richard Heinie
08-18-14, 10:02
Just the rear. I have changed size on the front so it is a bit easier than it has been. It still needs two front screws.

mtdawg169
08-18-14, 10:41

Thank you for the update!

TAZ
08-18-14, 11:25
Good news and perfect timing on these sights. Was looking to replace my P30 factory units and these look like they fit the bill perfect.

08-18-14, 12:27
Will there be a version of these sights without tritium inserts?

cgcorrea
08-18-14, 20:47
These look great. Definitely interested. Will you be taking pre-orders at all?

one
08-23-14, 02:54
Speaking as a customer that begged and begged for these sights for the P30 I can't thank you enough for coming out with this. This is going to truly bring the VP9 into the level of just about as great as it can get. If there's anyway to start working out a pre order or get squared up for a buy as soon as they hit the web store.

travward89
08-23-14, 12:50
Really happy to see these coming out. The stock sights leave a lot to be desired. Hopefully I can get my hands on some.

one
08-23-14, 16:18
Really happy to see these coming out. The stock sights leave a lot to be desired. Hopefully I can get my hands on some.

Agreed. If I can get my hands on a set of these it'll mean the difference in whether or not I take this gun to a Frank Proctor class in October.

Mr. Clean
09-03-14, 06:24
It is unclear to me if the prototype sights pictured earlier in this thread have actually become available to ship ... but clearly there is some version of the Heinie sights for the VP9 / P30 / Hk45 / HK45c currently in stock.

The description states "Heinie EZ-Lock Ledge Quick", but the picture shows the old non-ledge version. However it does appear the catalog number has changed.

Here is the LINK (http://www.heinie.com/shop/3950p-q-heinie-hk-45-45c-p30-slantpro-qwik-straight-eight-ni/) to the Heinie Website.

Regardless, I ordered a pair and will report back when I receive them.

cpekz
09-03-14, 10:34
It is unclear to me if the prototype sights pictured earlier in this thread have actually become available to ship ... but clearly there is some version of the Heinie sights for the VP9 / P30 / Hk45 / HK45c currently in stock.

The description states "Heinie EZ-Lock Ledge Quick", but the picture shows the old non-ledge version. However it does appear the catalog number has changed.

Here is the LINK (http://www.heinie.com/shop/3950p-q-heinie-hk-45-45c-p30-slantpro-qwik-straight-eight-ni/) to the Heinie Website.

Regardless, I ordered a pair and will report back when I receive them.

Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered a set myself.

Richard Heinie
09-03-14, 10:58
We do have the sights in stock.

Rear Sight is .345 Tall Front Sight is .220

The Tall (Tactical) Suppressor sights are having the finish done at this time.

Richard

jdavis6576
09-10-14, 13:48
Received mine a few days ago but wasn't able to install them until today. The front sight required a few taps but the rear slid in easily. I haven't had a chance to shoot them yet but the sight picture is good. These are the ledge sights BTW.

These replaced 10-8 sights, I didn't like the all black rear on the 10-8s for a carry gun. Hopefully these will shoot POA/POI. If so the 10-8s will go on another VP9 that I plan to get as a range gun. That one will sport a FO front.

one
09-10-14, 20:24
Mine arrived a couple of days ago. Both the front and rear slid in with almost no force at all. Unfortunately they sent the wrong screws for the front sight. But a trip to my local tool supply with the front sight and I was able to locate a set of the appropriate size to install the front. I ran it a little today to see how it does and the improvement over the stock factory sights is night an day. These are like my seventh or eighth set of Heinie's and I'm impressed with the performance as always. Target acquisition is first rate and the amount of light to see the front post works quite well.

One note to anyone installing these that have done Heinie's in the past. The rear sight screws go in at an angle instead of directly downward.

These made a great gun perfect for me.

travward89
09-10-14, 20:26
Mine arrived a couple of days ago. Both the front and rear slid in with almost no force at all. Unfortunately they sent the wrong screws for the front sight. But a trip to my local tool supply with the front sight and I was able to locate a set of the appropriate size to install the front. I ran it a little today to see how it does and the improvement over the stock factory sights is night an day. These are like my seventh or eighth set of Heinie's and I'm impressed with the performance as always. Target acquisition is first rate and the amount of light to see the front post works quite well.

One note to anyone installing these that have done Heinie's in the past. The rear sight screws go in at an angle instead of directly downward.

Mine also arrived with the wrong sized front set screws

cgcorrea
09-10-14, 20:55

I had the same issue with the front sight screws. I contacted Heinie and they sent another set of screws my way, with the correct dimensions. This is my first set of Heinie sights, and hey look great. I'm in no rush, but I'm definitely looking forward to getting these zeroed and loctited for some serious shooting.

one
09-11-14, 00:38
Good to know. I figured I'd call them this week when I had a little time in the a.m. I've had years of good service out of them so wasn't concerned about it. Meantime the quick fix is working fine.

mtdawg169
09-23-14, 15:32
Got mine installed over the weekend and finally got to the range with them today. Great sights, as usual. I currently have them on my M&P9 & 9c. One thing to note, the Heinie sights are taller than the factory sights and designed to "shoot the dot". My factory sights were dead on when shooting off of the top of the front sight blade.

Mr. Clean
10-07-14, 13:53
Is there any update for when the Tall / Tactical Height EZ-Lock Ledge Sights will be in stock?

MountainRaven
10-07-14, 22:32
How long does it usually take them to ship their sights?

mtdawg169
10-07-14, 22:53

A few days, maybe a week.

MountainRaven
10-08-14, 01:13
A few days, maybe a week.

Ugh... I strongly dislike when companies offer expedited shipping and then take their time shipping things. Amazon Prime has ruined me.

MGWS
10-08-14, 02:47
Ugh... I strongly dislike when companies offer expedited shipping and then take their time shipping things. Amazon Prime has ruined me.

Mine were around a week as well.

mtdawg169
10-08-14, 13:09

Yeah, we've all become a bit spoiled by some of our favorite retailers. But I'm a big fan of the Heinie sights, so I was willing to wait. No biggie.

Meplat
10-08-14, 16:38

I've ordered 2 sets of sights from Heinie and most recently a set of the new Ledge/QWIK sights for my VP9 when they first got them in stock. Both times my order shipped next day. I've also sent in two slides to have sights installed and both times the slides were shipped within 2 days of receiving them.

dieselgeek
10-08-14, 21:57
Just FYI my sights came w/ the wrong size screw. They were M3.5 and should have been M3

mtdawg169
10-08-14, 23:08
Just FYI my sights came w/ the wrong size screw. They were M3.5 and should have been M3

Would they not thread in or were they too tall? The screws for my front sight are tall and stick up. I've been meaning to call about that, but haven't gotten around to it.

MountainRaven
10-09-14, 19:49
Sights showed up.

According to the instructions, the screws for the front sight may be slightly too long. I don't think thats going to be a problem for me.

Does anybody know what the stainless steel pin is for?

mtdawg169
10-09-14, 19:54
Sights showed up.

According to the instructions, the screws for the front sight may be slightly too long. I don't think thats going to be a problem for me.

Does anybody know what the stainless steel pin is for?

That's the ez lock. It slips into the front dovetail of the rear sight and the screws go in at an angle to lock the sight in place.

MountainRaven
10-09-14, 22:15
That's the ez lock. It slips into the front dovetail of the rear sight and the screws go in at an angle to lock the sight in place.

Got it figured out, thanks!

I have to say that I'm not exactly enthused with the idea of two screws and some threadlocker being the only thing keeping the front sight from flying off, though.

mtdawg169
10-09-14, 22:24
Got it figured out, thanks!

I have to say that I'm not exactly enthused with the idea of two screws and some threadlocker being the only thing keeping the front sight from flying off, though.

Mine had a fair amount of tension and had to be tapped into place before locking it down with the screws.

Ranger325
10-16-14, 14:42
Any updates on your experience with your new Heinies? POA/POI? How are you likin' them?
I'm deciding on replacements for my VP9 and looking for your feedback. Thanks.........

jdavis6576
10-16-14, 21:13
I've had mine for about a month, maybe longer. Used them in a DCNC class a few weeks ago. They shoot low for me, I didn't realize they are "shoot the dot" sights or at least that's what I've read. I'm not used to that sight picture and want a shorter front sight but haven't had the chance to zero at 25 yards in order to replace it with a Dawson front. I hope to get to the range this weekend. I've talked to Dawson and they'll make me a custom sight once I know what I need. I wish these were available as separate pieces instead of the set. I like the rear sight, guess I'll throw the front in my parts bin. Of course, YMMV.