PDA

View Full Version : new battlefield game you hunt white tea party folks as the bad guys ?

Honu
08-16-14, 00:34
OK not sure how many have seen this
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/08/13/Shoot-Racist-Tea-Partiers-in-Battlefield-Hardline/

have to wonder how its going to do and shows how screwed up things are these days with who the enemy is ?

Moose-Knuckle
08-16-14, 03:02
Indoctrinating youth is an old tactic and is apparent here though most will just dismiss it.

Google this, several years ago there was a game created called "Dead Island" set on one of the islands of Haiti. Guess what, the game was not released because players would be shooting Zombies that were in Haiti so they were black. Yup the game was racist! Resident Evil 5 had a mix of white and black Zombies but due to the black ones there was some static in the typical circles. So this new game shooting up white conservatives is a go!

Now as far as demonizing and criminalizing white Conservative Tea-Party members, hell any freedom loving American for that matter . . .

DOCUMENT: Homeland Security Predicts Rise of 'Anti-Government' Violence

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/08/14/Document-Homeland-Security-Predicts-Rise-of-Anti-Government-Violence

foxtrotx1
08-16-14, 04:30
Indoctrinating youth is an old tactic and is apparent here though most will just dismiss it.

Google this, several years ago there was a game created called "Dead Island" set on one of the islands of Haiti. Guess what, the game was not released because players would be shooting Zombies that were in Haiti so they were black. Yup the game was racist! Resident Evil 5 had a mix of white and black Zombies but due to the black ones there was some static in the typical circles. So this new game shooting up white conservatives is a go!

Now as far as demonizing and criminalizing white Conservative Tea-Party members, hell any freedom loving American for that matter . . .

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/08/14/Document-Homeland-Security-Predicts-Rise-of-Anti-Government-Violence

Dead Island was released. It even had a squeal.

7.62WildBill
08-16-14, 15:22
OK, a few points based on my experience/knowledge in this area:

1. The Battlefield series focuses on the online multi-player experience. The single-player "story line" is always very short, commonly taking less than 2 hours to complete, and is really just a trainer to get a player used to the controls and moving the character around, etc. People will then spend hundreds of hours playing the multi-player mode.

2. I participated in the Beta testing for Battlefield Hardline and played the game (multi-player) for about 20 hours. It is framed as a "Cops vs. Robbers" conflict, which was a welcome change from the "Modern Military" format for me. In the Beta testing, only one map was available, but I never noticed any political overtones during the week that testing was conducted.

3. When Battlefield 4 was announced, critics said Dice was run by a bunch of Neo-Cons who wanted to go to war with China. Now they are Ultra-Progessives programing the youth to destroy American Patriots? Wrong, they grab themes from current events and Domestic Terrorism has been getting a lot of air-time recently. Dice is trying to make money, not a statement.

Moose-Knuckle
08-16-14, 16:46
Dead Island was released. It even had a squeal.

I stand corrected. Was the game altered or did the black zombies remain?

MountainRaven
08-16-14, 16:59
White tea party folks are holding up banks and it's a good thing that they're doing it?

ETA: And no racist has ever flown a Gadsden in the history of ever?

Moose-Knuckle
08-16-14, 17:01

1. The Battlefield series focuses on the online multi-player experience. The single-player "story line" is always very short, commonly taking less than 2 hours to complete, and is really just a trainer to get a player used to the controls and moving the character around, etc. People will then spend hundreds of hours playing the multi-player mode.

2. I participated in the Beta testing for Battlefield Hardline and played the game (multi-player) for about 20 hours. It is framed as a "Cops vs. Robbers" conflict, which was a welcome change from the "Modern Military" format for me. In the Beta testing, only one map was available, but I never noticed any political overtones during the week that testing was conducted.

3. When Battlefield 4 was announced, critics said Dice was run by a bunch of Neo-Cons who wanted to go to war with China. Now they are Ultra-Progessives programing the youth to destroy American Patriots? Wrong, they grab themes from current events and Domestic Terrorism has been getting a lot of air-time recently. Dice is trying to make money, not a statement.

Beta tester . . .LUCKY!

When I saw screen shots of the Gadsden flag on the wall in the "terrorist's" bunker it reminded me of the anti-NRA posters Danny Glover had on the walls in the police station in the Lethal Weapon series. Suggestive placement. Good to know they don't have an agenda but it is easy to see how it can be taken that way.

MorphCross
08-16-14, 17:07
Beta tester . . .LUCKY!

When I saw screen shots of the Gadsden flag on the wall in the "terrorist's" bunker it reminded me of the anti-NRA posters Danny Glover had on the walls in the police station in the Lethal Weapon series. Suggestive placement. Good to know they don't have an agenda but it is east to see how it can be taken that way.

You didn't happen to miss the NRA reference in the fourth Lethal Weapon movie did you? Until there is a balance in Hollywood screenwriters, we'll need to get used to taking our lumps and to not let it get us down. People who hear those jokes and laugh the loudest aren't the ones we should be trying to convince any way. They've made up their mind.

MountainRaven
08-16-14, 17:09
Beta tester . . .LUCKY!

When I saw screen shots of the Gadsden flag on the wall in the "terrorist's" bunker it reminded me of the anti-NRA posters Danny Glover had on the walls in the police station in the Lethal Weapon series. Suggestive placement. Good to know they don't have an agenda but it is east to see how it can be taken that way.

I cannot recall a critic who has reviewed any of the recent Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Medal of Honor games who has NOT suggested that the writers for pretty much every modern shooter being a closeted neo-con, racist, whatever (because they all involve shooting persons of color while being the stereotypical white American male soldier... Never mind that unless we go to war with, say, France, most conflicts involving the American military will involve lots of white guys shooting lots of Hispanics, blacks, Asians, Arabs, whatever).

Moose-Knuckle
08-16-14, 17:16
White tea party folks are holding up banks and it's a good thing that they're doing it?

When have white Tea-Party folks held up banks? That is what Obama's good friends in the Weather Underground did. Where is a game depicting members of the DNC knocking over banks? There are not any because it is not PC.

NCPatrolAR
08-16-14, 17:19
Wasn't there a similar complaint about the upcoming Ghost Recon game?

MountainRaven
08-16-14, 17:25
When have white Tea-Party folks held up banks? That is what Obama's good friends in the Weather Underground did. Where is a game depicting members of the DNC knocking over banks? There are not any because it is not PC.

Maybe one day, they'll do a game where you play an investigator in the midst of the race riots and other unpleasantness of the 1960s and get dragged into trying to stop Weather Underground at some point. But probably not until we have truly moved into a post-racial world.

And, frankly, the Heat-esque professional criminals knocking over banks in this day and age are going to be the retards of the criminal world, not its hyper-competent, slick and stylish supercriminals. So there's already a problem that pushes the game into fantasy territory, anyway.

Wasn't there a similar complaint about the upcoming Ghost Recon game?

That was Rainbow Six: Patriots. I don't know what the problem was because the bad guys were a combination of Occupy Wall Street and the Tea Party. But they canceled that game and have completely revamped it with a focus on multiplayer, with footage showing one team being a group of hostage takers who try to harden their location against a hostage rescue team in real time while the other team relies on a small drone to help them plan their rescue, including the method of insertion.

Kain
08-16-14, 17:40
Look hard enough and you can find something racist, biased, or psuedo trying to brainwash the masses or whatever in pretty much any game or media you want, it all comes down to perception.

Hell, I'll go first, Super Mario Brothers pushes the agenda of those who want to legalize drugs because there are mushroom and allow the character to do superman type shit. No I am not pushing that, but I have heard that as a reason why someone who not let their kid play the game, but they were perfectly alright with the kid, who was like six by the way, playing counterstrike because there was nothing wrong shooting terrorists in the head and hearing twentysomethings cursing like sailors because there is a whinny six year old on the server while another two players run around with the usernames Larry Philips and Emil Mătăsăreanu with AKs screaming "kill the pigs!"

Anyway, doesn't really matter which one you pick, if you want to read into shit hard enough you can find something to complain about. In my experience, as far as videogames go, most of the players are either not going to be smart enough to notice or aren't going to care since they are simply there for cheap entertainment and have a strong enough grasp on reality to know bullshit when they see it, and the ones who will notice and be influenced probably shouldn't be playing the game to start with, because they are either five, don't have a strong grasp on the reality, are heavily medicated and nutz, or are five mentally and all of the above. Also, they probably have parents who will blame the game, that damn devil music, or the system when the kid acts out, tried to off themselves, tries to kill someone, or what the hell ever else.

What does kind of amuse me though is that people start screaming racism with some of these games even though there are really games out there that have honest to god racism in them. Like, that is a slave race, or one that is constantly downtrodden, or hunted down, ect, ect, ect. And yet, that never makes the news. Mostly, because it rarely involves someone of color. Hmmm.....

Honu
08-16-14, 18:00
if they really wanted current events the game would be fighting muslims but that would not fly ? if they did that the masses would be in outcry over it
instead they pick this ? something that has never happened and is not about what tea party people are about ?

and if you want to make the claims of domestic terrorism we need to look at who again ? lets see who did the boston bombings ? who tired to do the taxi bombs ? hmmmm lets see all of them were muslim if they wanted to go against mass shooting idiots ? then why not progressives and what did the occupy wall street crowd do compared to tea party protests ? so why are they not doing that ? OH yeah no political agendas with people these days and no brain washing kids ? I mean the schools are teaching honest stuff and not trying to brain wash kids at all

7.62WildBill
08-16-14, 18:37
if they really wanted current events the game would be fighting muslims but that would not fly ? if they did that the masses would be in outcry over it
instead they pick this ? something that has never happened and is not about what tea party people are about ?

and if you want to make the claims of domestic terrorism we need to look at who again ? lets see who did the boston bombings ? who tired to do the taxi bombs ? hmmmm lets see all of them were muslim if they wanted to go against mass shooting idiots ? then why not progressives and what did the occupy wall street crowd do compared to tea party protests ? so why are they not doing that ? OH yeah no political agendas with people these days and no brain washing kids ? I mean the schools are teaching honest stuff and not trying to brain wash kids at all

Dice should make a game about shooting muslims (I mean terrorist), but they are scared because they wouldn't survive the public outcry. Of course that game would sell like hotcakes.

Wake27
08-16-14, 18:44
The first modern Battlefield was Americans fighting the fictional Middle Eastern Coalition. Not terrorists, but obviously Muslim.

They need to redo 1942. WWII on the current or upcoming engines would be siiiiick. Plus that's about as PC as it gets when it comes to killing people.

Wake27
08-16-14, 18:47
I cannot recall a critic who has reviewed any of the recent Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Medal of Honor games who has NOT suggested that the writers for pretty much every modern shooter being a closeted neo-con, racist, whatever (because they all involve shooting persons of color while being the stereotypical white American male soldier... Never mind that unless we go to war with, say, France, most conflicts involving the American military will involve lots of white guys shooting lots of Hispanics, blacks, Asians, Arabs, whatever).

Russians have been bad guys in most of the recent Battlefield games IIRC.

Moose-Knuckle
08-16-14, 18:57
You didn't happen to miss the NRA reference in the fourth Lethal Weapon movie did you? Until there is a balance in Hollywood screenwriters, we'll need to get used to taking our lumps and to not let it get us down. People who hear those jokes and laugh the loudest aren't the ones we should be trying to convince any way. They've made up their mind.

Yup, I think there were posters in part II and in part IV was the reference to mentioned. Needless to say, as I posted in the worst sequels thread the best one was first and they went down hill fast after that.

Moose-Knuckle
08-16-14, 18:59

I don't doubt that BUT, these are games where the player is "fighting/killing" non-American combatants across the pond. Not the Crips or Latin Kings in say L.A.

Moose-Knuckle
08-16-14, 19:08
Look hard enough and you can find something racist, biased, or psuedo trying to brainwash the masses or whatever in pretty much any game or media you want, it all comes down to perception.

Exactly. I've read Alinsky's Rules for Radicals and I'm from the school of thought to use ones own enemy’s tactics against themselves. This is why I will sound off and scream it from the roof tops until the day I draw my breath no more.

Hell, I'll go first, Super Mario Brothers pushes the agenda of those who want to legalize drugs because there are mushroom and allow the character to do superman type shit.

Not to mention the fact how they stereotyped Italian-Americans and blue collar workers like plumbers!

:jester:

7.62WildBill
08-16-14, 19:10
They need to redo 1942. WWII on the current or upcoming engines would be siiiiick. Plus that's about as PC as it gets when it comes to killing people.

Damn straight!

MorphCross
08-16-14, 19:10
I don't doubt that BUT, these are games where the player is "fighting/killing" non-American combatants across the pond. Not the Crips or Latin Kings in say L.A.

I would love to see a version were your popping FARC guerrillas as OPFOR along with their Cartel backers. Sort of a War on Terror approach to the War on Drugs.

Moose-Knuckle
08-16-14, 19:16
I would love to see a version were your popping FARC guerrillas as OPFOR along with their Cartel backers. Sort of a War on Terror approach to the War on Drugs.

That would be slick.

MountainRaven
08-16-14, 19:48
Dice should make a game about shooting muslims (I mean terrorist), but they are scared because they wouldn't survive the public outcry. Of course that game would sell like hotcakes.

They made that game. It was called Medal of Honor: Warfighter. Had stories written by SOF guys, direct involvement from manufacturers like DD, MagPul, and SureFire and our own Larry Vickers as a military consultant. Critical and 'box office' flop. You can probably find an original 'Limited Edition' copy at your local Walmart in the discount games section.

Honu
08-16-14, 20:25
YUP ;)

looks like great graphics etc... I tried BF on the PS4 ? more a COD guy but sadly COD this last time out sucks and treyarch sucks so chances are the next gen will suck to with what they are doing to it ? but oh well lots of other great games look like they are coming out and love the assassin creed games :)

Honu
08-16-14, 20:29
I would love a super modern well done WWII game that would be so awesome sadly I think to many gamers these days like idiot things in there games though ?

considering what GTA and others are about ? it is a game we know that but then again I don't like that game at all ? and just think its bad form with the politics and such

Wake27
08-16-14, 20:56
I would love a super modern well done WWII game that would be so awesome sadly I think to many gamers these days like idiot things in there games though ?

considering what GTA and others are about ? it is a game we know that but then again I don't like that game at all ? and just think its bad form with the politics and such

Oh I love GTA. And Hitman. Both are terrible, but awesome.

Jer
08-17-14, 03:54
That was Rainbow Six: Patriots. I don't know what the problem was because the bad guys were a combination of Occupy Wall Street and the Tea Party. But they canceled that game and have completely revamped it with a focus on multiplayer, with footage showing one team being a group of hostage takers who try to harden their location against a hostage rescue team in real time while the other team relies on a small drone to help them plan their rescue, including the method of insertion.

RS: Siege is what they're calling it now. The video they released at E3 looked like a pant-load of fun. The Division is another Clancy game that looks promising too. The new Call if Duty game looks a little too Halo-esque for my liking so this may be the first CoD since World at War that I sit out.

ForTehNguyen
08-17-14, 11:34
looks like a militarized police game. Cant wait for the level where I get to shoot dogs, no knock wrong houses, and teargas newscrews. I like the BF series but not interested in this one

a1fabweld
08-18-14, 17:03

I'm especially fond of the home security commercials where the burglar is always a middle aged white man. lol!

Eurodriver
08-18-14, 17:46
looks like a militarized police game. Cant wait for the level where I get to shoot dogs, no knock wrong houses, and teargas newscrews. I like the BF series but not interested in this one

Psh, you can do that in real life. Why waste a video game on that?

SOW_0331
08-18-14, 18:14

Games like GTA are bad form with the politics and such. What we NEED is a game where you shoot Muslims in the face!

Maybe we should uh...try to make a distinction in which Muslims we're face shooting? Because I'm sure you can find the game you're looking for on Stormfront or some such website, maybe prop your feet up on your stack of the Turner Diaries while you're playing.

If you're meaning they should make a game where you fight, let's say radical Islamic terror cells and networks, those have been around for a while. I can think of at least two dozen of the more well known with a little effort, and there's a whole lot more that I probably never even knew existed. It's gotten so common even the rapper 50 Cent had one. So I don't think it's out of fear of offending anyone, I think it's just an effort to make a plot that isn't being redone every six months.

I thought the new Rainbow Six would be awesome and I'm hardly a gamer by any stretch. It sucks to see that they backed down and even seem to have changed the plot line to eliminate the portion where your character becomes sympathetic towards the "Homegrown Terrorists" when the government reaction is an absolute affront to the idea of freedom. I'll probably skip on that unless there is something intact of the original theme just under a new name. The Division looks awesome, like a more fun version of The Last Of Us.

Really though I worry about some of the stuff I read here. The obvious hatred towards the entire population of a religion only really recently associated with terrorist activity (yet we haven't been attacked in over a decade) and the thinly veiled racism in the phrases like "Urban Youths" make you read as bad as the whacky shit said on DU and other leftist sites. You know what else ISIS members all have in common besides their (half assed attempt at hiding behind) religion? They're...GUN OWNERS!!!!! *GASP* See, it's silly, please try harder.

Moose-Knuckle
08-19-14, 16:01
I'm especially fond of the home security commercials where the burglar is always a middle aged white man. lol!

Standard operation procedure anything else would be RACIST . . .

Alpha Sierra
08-19-14, 16:07
Games like GTA are bad form with the politics and such. What we NEED is a game where you shoot Muslims in the face!
Here you go: http://arcade.modemhelp.net/play-5155-Bin_Laden_Liquors.html

Moose-Knuckle
08-19-14, 16:23
The obvious hatred towards the entire population of a religion only really recently associated with terrorist activity . . .

Yeah, well about that Islamic forces attacked Sicily in 652 AD, in 653 AD they attacked the Greek isle of Rhodes. In April of 711 AD they began their conquest of Christion Europe by invading Spain. Those evil white devils in Europe didn't launch the First Crusade until 1096 AD.

(yet we haven't been attacked in over a decade)

There may have not been any attacks in CONUS since 9/11 but there have been plenty of attempts; shoe bomber, underwear bomber, Times Square VBIED, etc. And didn't we have a US embassey attacked and it's Ambassador assassinated?

. . . and the thinly veiled racism in the phrases like "Urban Youths" make you read as bad as the whacky shit said on DU and other leftist sites.

So if a non-black person calls anyone who is infact young and black anything other than African-American teens its racism? Got it. Man the rules change so much I can barely keep up, thanks for the heads up though.

You know what else ISIS members all have in common besides their (half assed attempt at hiding behind) religion? They're...GUN OWNERS!!!!! *GASP* See, it's silly, please try harder.

I knew it, the 2nd Amendment is nothing more than a ploy hatched by jihadists . . . I'm cutting up my NRA card as soon as I finish typing this!

SeriousStudent
08-19-14, 21:50
Enough, this game is over.