PDA

View Full Version : The Purge - threat here in Ohio

munch520
08-17-14, 17:38
http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/08/16/delaware-ohio--delaware-police-on-alert-after-online-purge-threat.html

Happy to say our neighborhood is chattering about this and even preparing. On our street alone we have a ret 18D, a handful of hunters, and 2 sheriffs so I'm comfortable with our odds.

Anyone in OH or KY hear more of this? Most likely a dumb prank. But I'll be up all night ok 8/22 nonetheless.

Wake27
08-17-14, 18:00
I've heard about this happening in KY, MO, and one other state I believe. I'm sure it's a prank, but still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kain
08-17-14, 18:08
While my initial reaction would be prank, there were a number of NBK killers who took their inspiration from the movie. It would give this threat enough validation in my mind to load up a few extra mags, and stay awake come Friday. Not that I have anything better to do anyway on a friday night than watch a few movies while and keep a loaded rifle close by.

Honu
08-17-14, 18:09
the purge would most likely end up being the purge of a few idiots ?

screwed up times in some ways for sure !!!!

Outlander Systems
08-17-14, 18:10
Punk kids need constructive hobbies.

Irish
08-17-14, 18:34
Happy hunting! :dirol:

TriviaMonster
08-17-14, 19:16
Happy hunting! :dirol:
That makes my mouth water thinking of doing someone bucket list crap like that. You know the ones dumb enough to do it after telling everyone its coming are highly intelligent, productive members of society.

MorphCross
08-17-14, 19:30
Much like Swatting, its the idle game of some internet savvy troll. It won't change how I respond to violent entry into my home. Well maybe the order of my response will switch from "Stop!"/Bang to Bang/"Stop!".

Kain
08-17-14, 19:31
ou know the ones dumb enough to do it after telling everyone its coming are highly intelligent, productive members of society.

I am sure that they believe so.

On the bright side, how often do possible home invaders give you a week's notice in advance to prepare?

Pork Chop
08-17-14, 20:23
Prank or not, you're smart to be ready for it nonetheless. Be ready and protect your own.

Be safe man.

.46caliber
08-17-14, 21:44
I've heard about this happening in KY, MO, and one other state I believe. I'm sure it's a prank, but still.

Sources on KY and MO? Curious.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Honu
08-18-14, 03:02
The way kids play cod these days and call you camper for taking cover

Could see it now running around with a shotgun waist level shooting everywhere !
Wonder if the kids realize you don't spawn again in real life ?

Moose-Knuckle
08-18-14, 03:37

MO huh . . .

Too soon???

Alpha Sierra
08-18-14, 04:24
It's probably a BS prank but I might just take Friday off and be home all day. There might be a rifle with plenty of ammo at hand.......

Honu
08-18-14, 05:39
what was that thing slim man ? where a kid or two was killed over some internet thing very recently ?

sad thing crap like this is even being thought of as a prank ?

scooter22
08-18-14, 06:59
I can see it now:

"Gun nut with itchy trigger finger shoots masked child"

Put down the paranoia pipe, people.

The_War_Wagon
08-18-14, 07:46
Had an article about here in Pittsburgh the other day (McKeesport is an urban-blighted eastern suburb (http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/mckeesport-police-deny-purge-rumor/ng2Lj/)). Yawn... I had to look it up, to see what the fuss was about; kids bored with reality, like make-believe better. :rolleyes:

munch520
08-18-14, 09:12
It's probably a BS prank but I might just take Friday off and be home all day. There might be a rifle with plenty of ammo at hand.......

Unfortunately I'll be inbound from Phoenix, landing at 1500. Straight home and staying put after that though. Really not doing much else except making sure I'm home, lights on, doors are locked, alarm on, etc.

munch520
08-18-14, 09:14
I can see it now:

"Gun nut with itchy trigger finger shoots masked child"

Put down the paranoia pipe, people.

It's a legitimate threat, enough so that police are calling in OT around here to grab whomever they can.

I have a kid of my own, so you can shut your cockgobbler if you think I'm going to run around Friday shooting kids.

Alpha Sierra
08-18-14, 09:14
If shit starts supposedly from midnight on down, we have plenty of time for an afternoon nap and coffee brewing.

Just in case might send the wife and kid down to sleep in the basement.

Alpha Sierra
08-18-14, 09:17
I have a kid of my own, so you can shut your cockgobbler if you think I'm going to run around Friday shooting kids.
Indeed

ColtSeavers
08-18-14, 09:19
It's a legitimate threat, enough so that police are calling in OT around here to grab whomever they can.

To be fair, I do not believe that is what was meant, rather that that is what the headlines would read despite you or anyone else defending themselves/their homes/their families from moronic people (kids even) trying to reenact the move The Purge in real life, for real, should you legally use a gun to do so.

munch520
08-18-14, 09:25
If shit starts supposedly from midnight on down, we have plenty of time for an afternoon nap and coffee brewing.

Just in case might send the wife and kid down to sleep in the basement.

Just read another article saying there's one in Phoenix 8/20. ****. Haha so I'll get a front row seat in 2 cities in the unlikely event this goes down.

ralph
08-18-14, 09:30
Well, haven't had any threats in my area of Ohio that I know of...Guess it's a good thing that school starts next week, the kids must be bored stupid to start shit like this.....

Alpha Sierra
08-18-14, 10:29
rather than that is what the headlines would read despite you or anyone else defending themselves/their homes/their families from moronic people (kids even) trying to reenact the move The Purge in real life, for real, should you legally use a gun to do so.

At this point, with Trayvon, Ferguson, and all that other shit, I am beyond caring what the press will think or say.

markm
08-18-14, 10:48
They need the open carry tards to show up there. :sarcastic:

ColtSeavers
08-18-14, 10:51
At this point, with Trayvon, Ferguson, and all that other shit, I am beyond caring what the press will think or say.

Oh please do not get me wrong, I am not trying to imply that you or anyone else should worry about the media perception. Just that that is what it might be.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
08-18-14, 10:53
http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/08/16/delaware-ohio--delaware-police-on-alert-after-online-purge-threat.html

Happy to say our neighborhood is chattering about this and even preparing. On our street alone we have a ret 18D, a handful of hunters, and 2 sheriffs so I'm comfortable with our odds.

Anyone in OH or KY hear more of this? Most likely a dumb prank. But I'll be up all night ok 8/22 nonetheless.

Party at Munch's house!

Big A
08-18-14, 10:59
Ihttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/18/6b432d6b3197b1a034e8cf23ab0c5cd4.jpg

tb-av
08-18-14, 11:00
I've never heard of it but isn't this the George Bush principal?

“I’ve abandoned free market principles to save the free market system” --- that went over real well and led to Obama and his handlers with Cloward-Piven techniques.

If Obama led to this...... Remember it's Monday we must need a new crisis... a crisis a day keeps the Obama inside his bubble of obfuscation.

"In the movie "The Purge," and its sequel "The Purge: Anarchy," all crime is legal for 12 hours, every year, to purge the population of illegal behavior."

Don't they purge every weekend in Chicago? Or are they still considered just America's dirty little secret.

What's next? ISIS deciding they should run America from Pennsylvania Ave. Actually I think they already figured that, they just need for The Obama to leave the back door unlocked.

No matter if it's a hoax or not, I would take it seriously because there are way more than enough idiots to go around and do stupid stuff. Consider it a prep drill.

Alpha Sierra
08-18-14, 11:08
They need the open carry tards to show up there. :sarcastic:
Do you have something useful to contribute? Didn't you just come back from a "vacation"?

tb-av
08-18-14, 11:10

I agree from a personal standpoint but at the same time they are educating the youth of our nation and to a great degree re-educating our adult society. So while we may not individually care that they are ignorant liars we are still presented with a problem from them that we will probably need to address by some means. I'm not real sure how you put an end to such powerful forces of bias based on it's medium of delivery and not having similar in opposition. IOW, turning it off doesn't make it go away. It may even allow it to grow stronger.

Alpha Sierra
08-18-14, 11:13
I agree from a personal standpoint but at the same time they are educating the youth of our nation and to a great degree re-educating our adult society. So while we may not individually care that they are ignorant liars we are still presented with a problem from them that we will probably need to address by some means. I'm not real sure how you put an end to such powerful forces of bias based on it's medium of delivery and not having similar in opposition. IOW, turning it off doesn't make it go away. It may even allow it to grow stronger.

The re-education will happen when we, the productive people of society, have had enough and take to the streets and to the offices of corporate/media/government power and disburse pain as necessary.

Unfortunately we have a very long fuse.

But enough of the sidetrack. We should keep this thread open for AARs from Friday night/Saturday morning.

El Cid
08-18-14, 11:35
Came and went here without so much as a peep. I suspect it's just BS/RUMINT, but maybe something will happen somewhere...

TAZ
08-18-14, 13:42
Came and went here as well. Not that there was much of a credible threat in suburban TX.

Alpha Sierra
08-18-14, 13:50
I seriously doubt I will have an issue, as I live in a small semi rural/semi suburban town 15 miles north from the nearest large population center.

I am not changing any plans I may have for that day. But there will be some extra preparedness such as a rifle in close proximity (normally don't do that) and if we do go out, I will definitely not be carrying one of my revolvers.

markm
08-18-14, 14:37
Do you have something useful to contribute? Didn't you just come back from a "vacation"?

I'm sorry. Are we taking this retarded shit seriously?

Eurodriver
08-18-14, 15:28

LOL apparently so. The only ones bragging louder about doing shit they won't actually do than these "Purger" guys are gun owners on forums like this. Old men with nothing to do - pretty much the bane of humanity's existence since forever.

Was in the LGS Saturday and heard some old guy picking up his Taurus Judge for just this scenario. He said that he's sticking to lead free shotgun rounds for stockpiling because soon we won't be able to get any lead ammo. This is due to Obama's EPA shutting down lead plants. :help: When I interrupted and mentioned that if that was in fact true he should be buying lead ammo for stockpiling since it's still available, he immediately dismissed it. I suppose my opinion didn't matter because I don't smell like shit and wear colors other than OD.

munch520
08-18-14, 15:55
LOL apparently so. The only ones bragging louder about doing shit they won't actually do than these "Purger" guys are gun owners on forums like this. Old men with nothing to do - pretty much the bane of humanity's existence since forever.

Cute.

For the record, I'm 27. And if being aware of goings-on in the world today makes me the bane of existence in your book, well then I guess we can't be friends.

munch520
08-18-14, 15:59

By that logic, why do you own guns? This may or may not happen, and I agree it's definitely not plausible.

But the reality of it is it is a possibility. Just like the very low statistical probability that you will ever need your gun for anything but a range day. And yet here we sit with guns in our safes and ammo on our shelves.

Honu
08-18-14, 16:07
chances are where we are at will never see anything but will be interesting to see if anything happens down south more or up in anthem ? seems to be stupid crap from well to do middle upper middle class kids thinking they are gang bangers or thugs and so stupid crap up there quite a bit ! I can see some kids smashing mail boxes ?

agree it was the headlines he was saying would read but its not paranoia its reality and being aware of your families safety and your home ! and in some ways most of us I am sure are ready for things anyway !

kinda like watching stores in FL before a hurricane and all the un prepared folks emptying the shelves ? its more OK there is a storm coming so you decide to cancel your going camping plans and stay home that night kinda thing is what I am sure most of us are thinking

in no way am I going to go out and shoot anyone ?

Just read another article saying there's one in Phoenix 8/20. ****. Haha so I'll get a front row seat in 2 cities in the unlikely event this goes down.

Honu
08-18-14, 16:10
agree most likely kids are laughing there prank got on the news ?

was kinda thinking isn't this happening daily in some cities like chicago and philly already ?

Came and went here without so much as a peep. I suspect it's just BS/RUMINT, but maybe something will happen somewhere...

Eurodriver
08-18-14, 16:14
Cute.

For the record, I'm 27. And if being aware of goings-on in the world today makes me the bane of existence in your book, well then I guess we can't be friends.

I'll throw up a pic of my wife and I before you call me out for being old, fat, single, etc.

I removed the picture from my quote so you can edit your post and remove the pic of you two if you like. I wasn't pointing my figure at anyone in particular. I'm sure you're not barricading your house on 8/20 to prepare, but the tone of some of the posts here suggest that some might be.

Alpha Sierra
08-18-14, 16:37
Old men with nothing to do
I'm going to go on a limb and say, you don't know shit.

Hmac
08-18-14, 16:43
Old men with nothing to do - pretty much the bane of humanity's existence since forever.

And those who fantasize about when the SHTF. On, say, gun forums. Like, say, this one.....

Eurodriver
08-18-14, 17:35
I'm going to go on a limb and say, you don't know shit.
Why did you quote me?

RIDE
08-18-14, 17:38

Ladies and gentlemen.... Markm is back!
Welcome back Mark! Didn't you know? SHFT turns to Zombies, zombies turn to the "Purge".

What's the BEST AR to prepRe for the PURGE?

wildcard600
08-18-14, 17:46
looks like this thread is about to be purged...

munch520
08-18-14, 17:50
I removed the picture from my quote so you can edit your post and remove the pic of you two if you like. I wasn't pointing my figure at anyone in particular. I'm sure you're not barricading your house on 8/20 to prepare, but the tone of some of the posts here suggest that some might be.

Appreciate that.

I don't know, that's kinda speculative. My intention in posting was to see if anyone else in the community knew more. Who knows what everyone else is thinking.

Leaveammoforme
08-18-14, 17:57
Can I use the clear construction sheeting and duct tape to protect my house again? Or do I need to dig a moat? Or both? I already stopped feeding my cat so she is in tiger mode.

Jellybean
08-18-14, 18:51
The way kids play cod these days and call you camper for taking cover

Could see it now running around with a shotgun waist level shooting everywhere !
Wonder if the kids realize you don't spawn again in real life ?

I thought the same thing.
Do they really realize the implications of wanting to do this?
Did they not watch the movie?

...Yawn... I had to look it up, to see what the fuss was about; kids bored with reality, like make-believe better. :rolleyes:

Color me surprised, since kids these days don't have a whole lot of approved real life outlets, and therefore spend a lot of time in fantasy land....

As far as something like this being unlikely to happen fantasy, well, a couple kids killed some other kid for some stupid mythical internet being....
I don't see it happening on a large "purge" level scale, but a few random idiots or groups of same? Yeah.

munch520
08-18-14, 20:28
Can I use the clear construction sheeting and duct tape to protect my house again? Or do I need to dig a moat? Or both? I already stopped feeding my cat so she is in tiger mode.

You're ****ed. I'll sell you my dragon.

SeriousStudent
08-18-14, 21:31
looks like this thread is about to be purged...

You're a lot closer to predicting the future than some people in this thread.

Do not talk about each other, folks.