PDA

View Full Version : Golfer in Chief?

Grand58742
08-17-14, 19:35
Certainly not the Commander in Chief:

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/08/16/respect-youre-doing-it-wrong-obama-bucks-tradition-skips-funeral-139127

Major General Harold Greene, the 2-star general killed in Afghanistan August 5, was laid to rest Thursday at Arlington National Cemetery, according to myfoxdc.com.

It was a beautiful service that was only missing one important attendee:

The President of the United States. Also missing were the vice president and the secretary of defense.

And where was the POTUS? Allegedly golfing:

http://twitchy.com/2014/08/16/talk-about-bad-optics-president-reportedly-golfed-during-maj-gen-greenes-funeral/

And even if he wasn't golfing, why wasn't he at the funeral? Or as a minimum Hagel should have been there to present the flag to the widow.

3 AE
08-17-14, 19:50
Those would be the LAST three people that I would want attending the General's funeral. If I was the widow, and they were present, I would politely ask them to leave in unison.

Eurodriver
08-17-14, 20:22
Those would be the LAST three people that I would want attending the General's funeral. If I was the widow, and they were present, I would politely ask them to leave in unison.

Seriously?? I mean think about that for a second.

You would tell POTUS, VPOTUS and SecDef to leave? What makes you think they even would?

brushy bill
08-17-14, 22:48
Seriously?? I mean think about that for a second.

You would tell POTUS, VPOTUS and SecDef to leave? What makes you think they even would?

I don't know any particulars, but are you suggesting the family cannot ask people to leave? Are funerals not a private affair?

SteyrAUG
08-18-14, 00:27
Personally I'd rather have this guy golfing than at his desk thinking about how he can fix something else.

ralph
08-18-14, 09:38
I don't know any particulars, but are you suggesting the family cannot ask people to leave? Are funerals not a private affair?

I think Brushy Bill has a point...I don't see why a family can't tell the Pres. Vice Pres to GTFO if they want to, Frankly I find it disgusting that the Pres. can't take time out from his golf, to attend the funeral of a 2-star, who died enforcing his policy...His attitude shows exactly how much he cares..........

WillBrink
08-18-14, 10:15
Certainly not the Commander in Chief:

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/08/16/respect-youre-doing-it-wrong-obama-bucks-tradition-skips-funeral-139127

And where was the POTUS? Allegedly golfing:

http://twitchy.com/2014/08/16/talk-about-bad-optics-president-reportedly-golfed-during-maj-gen-greenes-funeral/

And even if he wasn't golfing, why wasn't he at the funeral? Or as a minimum Hagel should have been there to present the flag to the widow.

This comes under the "lets find any and every criticism about the POTUS we hate" category. I can't remember in my life time at least a POTUS not criticized for going on a vacation, and golf seems to especially rustle people. It's the US, the most powerful country on this planet, 100% of the time always something that POTUS could be focusing on and there's not 1 millisecond where something is happening that's not important.I can't say of this info below 100% legit, but, it' does not even matter really as it simply shows the fact that a vacationing golf playing POTUS the favorite target of criticism, which frankly I don't care about personally. At least he's not sitting at his desk thinking of new ways to fark up health care or take away 2A Rights, etc.

"Obama’s vacation days clock in at just over one-third of Bush’s, as do the total number of trips. Knoller didn’t count trips to Camp David as vacations, but Bush led those 3:1 as well.

The golf numbers are flipped, with Obama having played 186 games of golf to Bush’s 24, though Bush explicitly stopped playing golf early in his term.

Bush isn’t the only Obama vacation foil that has fallen apart. A few weeks ago conservatives criticized Obama for not canceling his travel plans following the downing of flight MH17, arguing that Reagan had immediately decamped from his California ranch to address to the 1983 attack on Korean Air Flight 007 — a claim that turned out to be wildly untrue."

http://www.mediaite.com/online/obama-has-logged-only-13-as-many-vacation-days-as-george-w-bush/

montanadave
08-18-14, 10:43
This comes under the "lets find any and every criticism about the POTUS we hate" category.

No shit. Haters gonna hate. Go. Don't go. Issue a statement. Remain silent. Ain't no winnin'.

Irish
08-18-14, 12:21
Look at the money and location, not just the time. Bush went to Crawford, TX to a privately owned ranch, versus flying him and his family all over the frickin' world to luxury resorts.

This article (http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/05/the-obamas-have-spent-over-44351777-12-in-taxpayer-cash-on-travel/) states Obama is at $44 MILLION on vacation alone.

The Obamas have spent over 44 million dollars in taxpayer money on travel and vacations. Some are even calling him the “most well-trvaeled, expensive” president in our nation’s history...

Our president vacations a lot — we’re talking $44,351,777.12 worth of “a lot,” with most expenses charged to the American taxpayer.

As of March 2014, Obama has spent more time traveling internationally than any other president, taking 31 trips since assuming office in 2009. The 119 days spent overseas have cost taxpayers millions of dollars.

At the same point in their respective presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 116 days on 28 trips, Bill Clinton had spent 113 days on 27 trips and Ronald Reagan had spent 73 days on just 14 trips.

In 2010, Obama flew aboard Air Force One 172 times, nearly every other day. Just the cost of flying aboard Air Force One to Obama’s hometown of Chicago reportedly hovers around $180,000 per hour.

In addition to all of his international travel, the president spends a significant amount of time traveling with his family. The Obama family has taken vacations to exclusive beaches in New England, private clubs in Key Largo and, of course, luxurious beaches in Hawaii.

According to the government watchdog group Judicial Watch, beginning with the infamous New York “date night,” the Obamas have spent $44,351,777.12 in taxpayer cash on travel expenses.

The actual total cost may be higher, as the White House is not subject to the Freedom of Information Act...

Frequently missing from the data are the costs of housing the first family and staff, costs of prepositioning the Secret Service and their equipment, and other travel expenses such as meals and beverages.

“We’ve got this financial crisis here in Washington and the president and his family need to be more sensitive as to the cost concerned with his travel,” Fitton said. “We are especially concerned about the excessive luxury travel, such as his trip to Hawaii.”

In 2013 alone, President Obama incurred $7,396,531 in flight expenses for his family vacations to Hawaii and Martha’s Vineyard, as well as a trip to California to appear on the Jay Leno show.

tb-av
08-18-14, 12:38
Maybe he was asked to not attend.

Eurodriver
08-18-14, 13:33
No shit. Haters gonna hate. Go. Don't go. Issue a statement. Remain silent. Ain't no winnin'.

Exactly. Some people act like if Obama came to their house they'd slam the door.

I'd give him a brother hug, invite him inside, offer the SS people some soda and then ask Mr. president to sit in that corner where my ticks are coming from ;)

montanadave
08-18-14, 14:47
Exactly. Some people act like if Obama came to their house they'd slam the door.

I'd give him a brother hug, invite him inside, offer the SS people some soda and then ask Mr. president to sit in that corner where my ticks are coming from ;)

And the winner of today's internet is . . .

:lol:

docsherm
08-18-14, 14:48

Right.....keep telling to yourself that.....

Crow Hunter
08-18-14, 15:25
Personally I'd rather have this guy golfing than at his desk thinking about how he can fix something else.

Can I get an Amen?

Amen.

Grand58742
08-18-14, 21:32
This comes under the "lets find any and every criticism about the POTUS we hate" category.

Really? This has nothing to do with golf. This has everything to do with the blatant disrespect in not attending a Flag Officer's funeral that died in the line of service. Okay, so Obama has pressing needs. Biden may have pressing needs. The minimum that should have been there was Secretary Hagel.

I don't expect the POTUS to attend every military funeral. But someone of that high of a rank does deserve a bit more attention from the nation's leadership than what was given.