PDA

View Full Version : Glock failure to feed malfunctions with video

Derek33
08-18-14, 12:27
First time shooting my glock 19.

The 19 is outfitted with a lone wolf threaded barrel, and zev tech connector.

I was using both the brand new factory 10 round mags, and old pre ban fml square notch mags. (I live in mass)

I tried both Remington range ammo and hornady critical duty ammo.

The round would fail to enter the chamber as the slide would close. The issue was sporadic. It would happen 85% of the time.
Unless it was a coincidence, it almost appeared the new mags preferred range ammo, and the pre bans preferred the hornady.

I'm curious what you think I should diagnose first. Followers? The barrel? Ammo?
Stupid me didn't bring my factory glock barrel so that test will have to wait.

Glock failure to feed 2: http://youtu.be/Y-cxef-QSwg

Glock failure to feed: http://youtu.be/03AXH1hxNlY

It's my first time uploading to YouTube so let me know if they work or not.

Thank you,

Derek

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

DWood
08-18-14, 12:41
barrel

samuse
08-18-14, 12:50
A Lone Wolf barrel and 10 round mags is a recipe for FTFeed.

You need a bigger chamber and proper 15 round mags.

Derek33
08-18-14, 13:06
A Lone Wolf barrel and 10 round mags is a recipe for FTFeed.

You need a bigger chamber and proper 15 round mags.

I was having issues with my 15 rounders. However they are pre bans. 10 years old or more. Should/can I replace the followers or springs?

What is it about the 10 round mags that add to the ftf?

Not questioning your opinions, I'm just trying to learn.

Gary1911A1
08-18-14, 13:32
Get some new factory magazines and put your factory Glock barrel back in and I think your malfunctions will go away. The factory barrel has a larger chamber which feeds better than your custom barrel.

Lincoln7
08-18-14, 13:44

The videos showed as private and I was unable to open them.

I would drop in a new magazine spring since the mag is reasonably old. I've always had good luck with Wolff.

samuse
08-18-14, 13:45
Put 9mm-3 followers and new springs in your old mags.

The 10 round Glock mags are notorious for not working. I don't know why, I'm in TX, had pre-bans back in the day...

Derek33
08-18-14, 15:17
I ordered some Springs and followers to be on the safe side.

Videos should now be available for viewing

kevN
08-18-14, 15:22
Barrel takes 2 seconds to swap for a test, are you shooting lead cast ammo that is a no-go for the factory barrel? Otherwise I'm curious why you went with the LWD.

If I lived in a 10rnd ban state I would have someone cut my 19 down to take 26 mags. Actually, I have a 19 that's cut like that anyway for a CCW piece and really like it.

T2C
08-18-14, 15:42
I would troubleshoot the problem with the equipment/parts you have on hand.

Process of elimination. As others have said, replace the barrel with the Glock barrel and see if the malfunction is still occurring. If not, your magazines should be good to go.

ST911
08-18-14, 15:46
Install one component at a time and verify function with a domestically produced SAAMI spec load from a GTG manufacturer. Add components one at a time thereafter and verify function.

With the combination you posted, keep your expectations low.

CAVDOC
08-18-14, 19:21
Start with putting the factory barrel back in. Unless you suppress or do a caliber conversion the after market barrel is a waste of time and money. I and many others use cast bullets in the factory barrel with no trouble- a few passes of a brush every couple hundred rounds solves any leading issue. The lone wolf barrels often have tight chambers leading to this issue.
I am in ny and have no issues with my ten rounders at all.
I say it over and over in many forums almost every single glock I see on the line not working has some after market part to blame.

sjc3081
08-18-14, 19:40
Lone Wolf and Storm Lake barrels turned my G 20 into a jammomatic. Once I put the stock barrel back in the pistol was 100%.

weggy
08-18-14, 19:48
First time shooting my glock 19.

The 19 is outfitted with a lone wolf threaded barrel, and zev tech connector.

I was using both the brand new factory 10 round mags, and old pre ban fml square notch mags. (I live in mass)

I tried both Remington range ammo and hornady critical duty ammo.

The round would fail to enter the chamber as the slide would close. The issue was sporadic. It would happen 85% of the time.
Unless it was a coincidence, it almost appeared the new mags preferred range ammo, and the pre bans preferred the hornady.

I'm curious what you think I should diagnose first. Followers? The barrel? Ammo?
Stupid me didn't bring my factory glock barrel so that test will have to wait.

Glock failure to feed 2: http://youtu.be/Y-cxef-QSwg

Glock failure to feed: http://youtu.be/03AXH1hxNlY

Thank you,

Derek

The uploads worked better than the Glock!:D

GregP220
08-19-14, 08:35
Barrel

SOW_0331
08-19-14, 09:40
Derek do you still have my number? You oughta bring that thing up my way and we can test it with a few different variables to make sure you aren't fixing what ain't broke. Maybe a second set of eyes will help?

Let me know when's good for you. I'm free anytime...

Stengun
08-19-14, 10:33
Howdy,

are you shooting lead cast ammo that is a no-go for the factory barrel? Otherwise I'm curious why you went with the LWD.

That's an old wive's tell from the 1911 guys from back in the early 90's. When the 'Net sprung up it got re circulated and for some unknown reason people still spread it around.

The polygonal rifling in the Glock barrel prefers or needs a hard cast bullet but then so does all other guns shooting a lead bullet at +1,000ft/sec. If you used a soft cast lead like you would use in a .38 wadcutter that would run about 750ft/sec it will lead up a Glock barrel but it will lead up any barrel if it fired at +1,000ft/sec.

Use hard cast and the OEM barrel will work fine.

To the OP: send the barrel back to LW and have them open the chamber up slightly, buy new mags and this will solve your problem.

Down through the years I've worked on numerous Glocks that were Jam-O-Matics and every time I solved the problem by removing the aftermarket parts and replacing them with the OEM part.

Paul

Derek33
08-20-14, 05:22
Derek do you still have my number? You oughta bring that thing up my way and we can test it with a few different variables to make sure you aren't fixing what ain't broke. Maybe a second set of eyes will help?

Let me know when's good for you. I'm free anytime...

Andy,

I do. I'm hopefully going to swing by a local indoor range to try out the factory barrel. I'll be in touch.

The mag Springs and followers is a step I should have taken anyway, considering I don't know the history of the used pre ban mags I bought.

monkeywrench
08-20-14, 06:17
The chamber on the barrel needs to be opened up. Had same problem contacted lone wolf and they fixed it.

1oldgrunt
08-20-14, 10:36
StenGun it is NOT an old wives tale when I took the armorers class GLOCK said no to lead, no to any lead, do you know better than the Factory techs?????.....do as you will you're a big boy ! ?

edited in...... all bbls will lead up, the problem with Glocks is they lead up not just the bore but the 'lead( as in front of the chamber), this can and has caused out of battery ignition......

Warp
08-20-14, 14:37
You can shoot lead in a Glock barrel. If you don't believe us go as the guys at Glock talk.

You don't want to do a marathon shooting session of soft cast lead bullets without cleaning, but you most certainly can shoot lead in a factory Glock barrel.

The Glock manual also says not to use reloads. Do you agree with that?